Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Destiny: age of Triumph - Mod Note Linked in OP 11/04

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,587 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Well far be it from me to call BS..... But you physically cannot do that many swings and connect in one kneel.

Even if you do all the tips tricks (lean into him, be up there before rockets hit, use Sword super to interrupt slam animation, hit him before he kneels completely as his shield is lowered). He was probably "immune" for some of the later swings. Happy to stand corrected, but I think the maximum combos you can do in terms of swings/damage are...

R1 - R2 - R2 - Super Slam - R2
    4x R2 (requires 99.9999999% perfect timing, much harder now since you can't drop the sword and do Invis Blink Strike as a hunter) - slightly less damage than above

Happy to stand corrected though. But this was extensively tested wayyyyyy back in the day. Now unless he stays "vulnerable" for longer overall (I don't think he does) it should be the same as before

I'd go digging, but we all know someone will go an do a video/guide and upload it somewhere if they have not already done so.

Well my first R1 was hitting him as he Kneeled and I seen the figures rather than immune, then 4x R2's which most the lads saw and as I pulled away I got a cheeky R1 in and you could tell they were landing cos the health difference was very obvious.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

hqdefault.jpg

Yeah that sounds about right, the cheeky R1 after the Slams is probably not connecting though

I totally forgot about using the Super Slam thingy during our runs. I was like a Zombie :/

Most I managed in one sword was probably 45% of his Health over 1 sword. But as i said yesterday, that was hardly optimised at all at all.

F**king Warlock Jump.... now I remember why I used to run Blink doing this. I'm like a clay pigeon otherwise

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

• Registered Users Posts: 2,146 ✭✭✭dudeeile

^^
    Guess there's a new method in town and again hunters steal the Crota limelight.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,587 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

dudeeile wrote: »
    ^^
    Guess there's a new method in town and again hunters steal the Crota limelight.

Pfffff...... thats nothing, sure petking was uppercutting him with the raze-lighter last night :P

• Advertisement

Text explaining the above....

Hey all! I discovered something running Crota tonight - a single R2 from a 400 Raze Lighter with WoL can make Crota kneel.
    The strat we ran was to have a Defender drop a weapons bubble at top of stairs, then a Nightstalker with Felwinter + Frost335 drop a vanish in smoke on himself and sword bearer within the bubble. Run in and uppercut him to down Crota, with swordbearer right next to you ready to start swinging, and all 4 other players focused on Oversoul. Retreat back to bubble, use second smoke, repeat and then rotate to the other side.
    Video of one sword: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HTH9vUwKD6w
    Swordbearer was able to perform a very high damage combo in each kneel because he was standing invis next to Crota from the very first moment.
    Hope this is helpful for you!
    EDIT: Added video to make it a little clearer. Please forgive my obnoxious nasal voice!
    EDIT 2: I wasn't the swordbearer, and so I cannot confirm the specific combo used per kneel. Removing that detail until I get confirmation from someone

• Registered Users Posts: 45,952 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

would speed up the encounter speed too as you could attack him left and right rather than centre - meaning 2 from 3 rather than 1 from 3.

Actually no, if you were using like for like sword swings, it would be longer.
    BUT The caveat being it would be far more feasible to do this with 2 Swords where as currently we're needing 3 for the most part cause 1) WoL each time and 2) You're invis and right next to him, so maximum swording and less floofing about

Currently (5 phases)

Centre - attack
    Right - skip
    Centre - attack
    Left - skip
    Centre - attack

Proposed (6 phases)

Centre - skip
    Right - attack
    Centre - skip
    Left - attack
    Centre - skip
    Right - attack

• Registered Users Posts: 1,976 ✭✭✭OptimusTractor

All these strats appearing. 3 days ago all you needed to do was wait for Swordbearer -- "Fire Torpedoes".

All these strats appearing. 3 days ago all you needed to do was wait for Swordbearer -- "Fire Torpedoes".

Wait till next week. Templar and Ah-Theon.

Templar probably will be don't let him/her/it teleport.
    Ah-Theon?

• Advertisement

Templar probably will be don't let him/her/it teleport.
    Ah-Theon?

It'll be a cold day in hell before I pronounce it Ah-theon.

Did a raid with a group of Americans who were amused that I said Mee-da not My-da.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,781 ✭✭✭PetKing

Did a raid with a group of Americans who were amused that I said Mee-da not My-da.

I used to say My-da and Ah-theon before i joined the clan :/

PetKing wrote: »
    I used to say My-da and Ah-theon before i joined the clan :/

Thankfully we learned ye.

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭Mcsirl

Is Destiny down ? Getting every type of error from weasel to chicken to centipede :(

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

It was pretty iffy there after their update thing, but seems to have settled down now.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,779 ✭✭✭A Neurotic

Anything exciting in the update? I'm tempted to get back into Destiny with all the D2 hype, but also hesitant of getting sucked back into the endless grind.

Is there any new content or is it all updated older stuff?

A Neurotic wrote: »
    Anything exciting in the update? I'm tempted to get back into Destiny with all the D2 hype, but also hesitant of getting sucked back into the endless grind.

All updated older stuff. But it's still pretty neat stuff, it's nice to revist Crotas End on level with new mechanics, I guess it'll be similar with Vault of Glass.

Sure no harm logging in and seeing how much of the ole Record book you have filled out

A Neurotic wrote: »

New exotics too for completeing challenge modes :P

Crota took some slapping around last night, 1st sword run each time he was half health or less after I went mad on him. I even missed one or two shots :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,781 ✭✭✭PetKing

jonnycivic wrote:
    Crota took some slapping around last night, 1st sword run each time he was half health or less after I went mad on him. I even missed one or two shots

You must upload your PoV sometime so i can study. Can't wait to be a Hunter for him.

• Advertisement

PetKing wrote: »
    You must upload your PoV sometime so i can study. Can't wait to be a Hunter for him.

I titan'd the hell out of him :D

The hunter will be easier so I will take a video when I run the hunter, possibly tonight if the rest of the lads are up for it :D

If not I can warlock for a raid tonight :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,935 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

Your sword runs were ridiculous. So much so that the second sword runner had to take it easy so he wouldn't enrage too soon ha ha

We tried that right Strategy (Raze Lighter, WoL, Double Smoke Grenades). If you don't kill him in one Sword, don't try this strategy. It totally f**ks the 2nd Sword Spawning timer

We tried that right Strategy (Raze Lighter, WoL, Double Smoke Grenades). If you don't kill him in one Sword, don't try this strategy. It totally f**ks the 2nd Sword Spawning timer

What we done for last night was the following:

1: I took first sword run as titan with weapons bubble.
    2: Drop down and grab the chalice, run over to the rock you stand on and jump to the slightly higher one and drop your bubble.
    3: Run down kill the sword bearer and get in position.
    4: Call "GO" and get your skates on and slap the hell out of Crota with 3/4 R2 hits.
    5: Run off the egde INTO the bubble, 180 and go straight back for him for another 3/4 R2's (One of them should be a super slam at the start TBH)

On the follwing runs I ran out the right hand side door and threw the bubble up so everyone had Weapons of Light when slamming with the sword. On first sword run I was getting >50% damage so 2 runs should well beyond enough to down him :)

Yeah, pretty much what we reverted to ourselves after that clusterf**k that was attempting the other strat :pac:

Was getting him down ~45%-55% I'd say

Weirdly enough, on the Left side. I could have SWORN he was standing up faster and the 2nd kneel. I was barely getting 2x R2s and I was standing next to him invisible :o

413666.jpg

Not sure if anyone has come across this. (Anyone fail the Crota challenge for no reason? This could be it)

kGly7Gt.gif
    I just ran into this for the first time while helping a group. We completed the Deathsinger Challenge Mode, and I was the person who picked up the Swordbearer's hive sword and killed Ir Yut with it. We then started the Crota encounter without wiping, and decided that I would be the third swordbearer. We got through our first two swords without issue, killed the ogres, and as soon as I picked up the sword it said Challenge Failed. The only thing I can think of is that because we had not wiped, the game considered the Hive sword that I used at the Deathsinger encounter as being used.

We did the deathsinger challenge to get the swordbearer to spawn in, we killed him but we left the sword instead of picking it up. We then started crota and had one player pick up the sword from the deathsinger challenge whilst another got the sword from the swordbearer that spawns in. We used a weapons bubble and viking funeral to boost the sword damage

• Registered Users Posts: 10,490 ✭✭✭✭AbusesToilets

That was quick AF, impressive strategy.

• Advertisement

The "Lead from the Front" node in the AoT Strike Page (do Vanguard Elite bounties) is f**king insane. Did ~7 bounties. 10% added. That means you need like ~70 of those bounties. There are only 18 possible a day over 3 characters. Stupid grindy s**t

Advertisement