Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Destiny: age of Triumph - Mod Note Linked in OP 11/04

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

At least you don't need to 100% the book to get all 7 rewards.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,952 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

The "Lead from the Front" node in the AoT Strike Page (do Vanguard Elite bounties) is f**king insane. Did ~7 bounties. 10% added. That means you need like ~70 of those bounties. There are only 18 possible a day over 3 characters. Stupid grindy s**t

I got 8% off the zaavala sunrise bounty, thought I got 5 off a daily vanguard elite bounty.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,171 ✭✭✭syboit

The "Lead from the Front" node in the AoT Strike Page (do Vanguard Elite bounties) is f**king insane. Did ~7 bounties. 10% added. That means you need like ~70 of those bounties. There are only 18 possible a day over 3 characters. Stupid grindy s**t

thats if your willing to grind them all out every day on 3 different characters. I've just being playing the strikes normally and not worrying about medals, have done around 12 strikes and only 14% done. Don't think I'll finish this one out.

I was cringing at the rumble one in crucible, but to be honest after around 5 or 6 games I've around 7k out of the 10k needed, so far easier one to grind.

Think I'm up to about 78% done in the book, I think I should be able to get the 100% without having to to do some of the grindy ones or a lot of the Osiris ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Maybe the Zavala ones count for more, which is fair enough. But thats a LOT of bounties to be doing for one Node. And some of the Daily ones are not necessarily feasible to easily do. I know you could say the same about the node for "Weekly Vanguard Crucible Bounties" too.

The Sunrise Bounty does indeed give ~8%. The Dailies give ~2%. Just checked/tested it there

Gonna need to study up on the templar challenge today. Got nowhere near getting it done last night.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭jcd5971

Gonna need to study up on the templar challenge today. Got nowhere near getting it done last night.

Understatement of the year.

To be fair it was a cluster **** I was 40 mins late starting it due to a stupid neighbour breaking down outside my house at 8.40, I wasn't quick enough to turn off the lights and the old bitch realised someone was home. So apologies for that.

Then we had a few people off mic, which was challenging,

Then generic had to jump out for 10 mins, resulting in a mid raid sidetrip to pvp for a bit.

Then back to raid where we struggles on oracle's for a bit before crawling through it.

Then templar where things got ugly and dude shouted at me and totz for no reason, hurt my feelings, so we gave up.

Only bright spot in this night of torment was cerb who we were "carrying" being the most dependable of the lot of us.

Good times 10/10 would beat head against wall again

I thought the oracles was far easier one I had the spawn map up on my phone - I knew which ones Generic was dealing with and which ones I was dealing with and exactly when/where they were going to spawn.

I think attempting to cheese the templar is just something we will have to ignore and just do it properly. Have already looked at a video or two this morning and it doesn't actually look difficult, really. Relic holder and one other for ad control on the left, rest on the right (preferably two titans included with bubbles) and, the crucial difference, only go to the teleport spot to stop the teleport. Otherwise ad control and boss damage.

Got him down to half health ourselves. I was running Sleeper Sim and putting huge numbers on him, roughly 35k per crit (44k with a tether). His health seemed to drop fairly rapidly.

Wonder if running 1 doing heavy damage, then rotating out with someone else, so on and so forth. So, regardless of him being tethered or not, he's taking roughly 35k per shot for 3 shots, rotate out, another 3 ...... 9 shots per SS 5 times equates to about 1.5 million damage. All the while, everyone else is on add control.

I thought the oracles was far easier one I had the spawn map up on my phone - I knew which ones Generic was dealing with and which ones I was dealing with and exactly when/where they were going to spawn.

Have to agree with that. Getting to know where you need to go between rounds was a big help. Fcuk those snipers though.
    I think attempting to cheese the templar is just something we will have to ignore and just do it properly. Have already looked at a video or two this morning and it doesn't actually look difficult, really. Relic holder and one other for ad control on the left, rest on the right (preferably two titans included with bubbles) and, the crucial difference, only go to the teleport spot to stop the teleport. Otherwise ad control and boss damage.

I think having cheesed him for so long has a lot to answer for.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,781 ✭✭✭PetKing

Yeah our one good run was organised it seemed. Everyone calling for as control, aggressive supers clearing ads. I was teleport stopper on right. Cal instructed me to basically remain on spot the entire encounter which was necessary as once the minotaurs start coming in waves, it's all a bit manic and hard to monitor the teleport phases. Only at the end of our runs did i start getting cheeky and jumping from behind cover to gally him for additional DPS, i was feeling a bit wasted just standing on the spot.

• Advertisement

This strat may be worth a go - I dunno. https://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheGame/comments/63hblj/advanced_templar_relic_holder_strategy_boss_dead/

I'd be worried about getting between the two teleports as the relic holder, is there much time to do it?

This strat may be worth a go - I dunno. https://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheGame/comments/63hblj/advanced_templar_relic_holder_strategy_boss_dead/

I'd be worried about getting between the two teleports as the relic holder, is there much time to do it?

It's interesting. But wouldn't right side be nothing but a massive add army.

It's interesting. But wouldn't right side be nothing but a massive add army.

Depends on ad movement - if they don't come as far as the pillars it doesn't matter.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,654 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Tried the Templar challenge with LFG randoms yesterday, same 2 lads dying over and over even though I was managing fine at 392 light. Nightmare. It is difficult enough in fairness but definitely doable. Can tell the difference between people who did VoG in year 1 and those who did it after. People only realising now what the raid was like when you aren't completely overlevelled. Its still even easier now because we have better subclasses and virtually everyone's loadouts are better prepared than when people ran it originally without that much game knowledge or a maxed out vault. Pity we had to stop before getting to the gatekeeper which is a great fight.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,146 ✭✭✭dudeeile

You can block the right teleport location by standing behind the wall so the relic guy would still only need to look after the left. The couple of deaths we had there last night I'm going to put down as splash damage, there are exploding harpies to contend with though so that was also a possiblity.

We didn't seem to be making much headway last night and my head deffo wasn't in it at the end. It's a tough fight so if that's all we get done tonight then I'll be happy.

I've posted a Datto video over in the optimal strategies thread.

Esoterickk Templar Solo. Solo. Fupping Solo. Makes the rest of us look like Plebs. Solo...

Fair play to him though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,976 ✭✭✭OptimusTractor

Conovar could totally pull that off, leaving the rest to focus purely on adds. Maybe the odd bit of extra dps from them.

tumblr_n3eqyhbnx81smcbm7o1_400.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

jcd5971 wrote: »
    Understatement of the year.

To be fair it was a cluster **** I was 40 mins late starting it due to a stupid neighbour breaking down outside my house at 8.40, I wasn't quick enough to turn off the lights and the old bitch realised someone was home. So apologies for that.

Then we had a few people off mic, which was challenging,

Then generic had to jump out for 10 mins, resulting in a mid raid sidetrip to pvp for a bit.

I was not really 100% in the game last night at all, hence me disappearing for extended periods of time

Every single attempt we did with 1 Titan was a waste of time imho.

It would have been far less frustrating if I/we didn't keep losing our supers (see: Only Ward of Dawn we had) from Oracles

• Registered Users Posts: 3,935 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,490 ✭✭✭✭AbusesToilets

I think the relic being responsible for the circles is eminently doable, especially if Titans have bubbles up top for him to pass thru. We were motoring pretty well last night towards the end.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,781 ✭✭✭PetKing

Is it worth doing the AoT quest from the speaker on all 3 characters? What's the reward?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,146 ✭✭✭dudeeile

PetKing wrote: »
    Is it worth doing the AoT quest from the speaker on all 3 characters? What's the reward?

After Shax step you get some sort of ornament and finally you get some class armour.

The hunter cloak looks awesome with some chroma, no idea about warlock and titan.

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭wexdevil

The warlock class item is pretty meh to be honest.

b7GY7z8.png

• Registered Users Posts: 10,490 ✭✭✭✭AbusesToilets

Knave et al, did y'all finish last night?

Knave et al, did y'all finish last night?

Fcuk no. Twas worse than Tuesday night. Tried 2 different strats: 1) Everyone bar Relic Holder stays at the back where mid conflux spawns. Relic Holder responsible for covering both TP points. 2) When we Templars shield is dropped, lob some AoE grenades in front to push him back a bit, making left TP safe. Then have one of the 5 just camp on that spot, while Relic Holder and the others concentrate on Right side.

Run was compromised, for me, with only being able to hear 2 of the lads. I'd like to try again tonight but with the OG 6. We had better runs on Tuesday than Wednesday. Plus I was the only Titan last night. Think we need 2 min.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,611 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

b7GY7z8.png

Got them down to 2 last night, number 9 decided to be a prick and climb the wall.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,171 ✭✭✭syboit

There are a few nice bounties today that can be done alongside the rainbow medal from Zavala. Just go into the nightfall and run around doing rainbows in the patrol area at the start. I was able to do it on all 3 characters (also using telesto, to work on the orbs generated) and you should be able to get around 30% in a short time.

Advertisement