Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ICB Credit History

• 03-03-2017 9:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭

I have recently requested my ICB history and it came back with a score of 524.

I know in 2006 I had a cc with a bank and there was areas of about 400 quids. That wasn't cleared until now. The truth behind is that it was simply forgotten because I left country for a while.

Can some one tell me what is happening here. In past three years I have taken loans of amount of upto 10k with no issues. I am debt free now. Can someone with knowledge tell me if a loan was never cleared and was recorded in ICB, how long the listing stay in ICB.

Gearing up to apply for a mortgage.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭Darren 83

iwantthat wrote: »
    I have recently requested my ICB history and it came back with a score of 524.

I know in 2006 I had a cc with a bank and there was areas of about 400 quids. That wasn't cleared until now. The truth behind is that it was simply forgotten because I left country for a while.

Can some one tell me what is happening here. In past three years I have taken loans of amount of upto 10k with no issues. I am debt free now. Can someone with knowledge tell me if a loan was never cleared and was recorded in ICB, how long the listing stay in ICB.

Gearing up to apply for a mortgage.

Information is kept on record for 5 years if I remember correctly

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

Moved from A&P. Local forum charter applies

• Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭iwantthat

I have read that it is kept for 5 years after closing of the account but in this case account was never closed / never paid.

Anybody our there with experience.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,256 ✭✭✭Trish56

The ICB report would have outlined if you had credit issues or arrears so if it shows up nothing then you have nothing to worry about. If it does show arrears then it will stay on your record for 6 years from the date it is cleared. Ring ICB to discuss they are quite helpful.

• Advertisement

Spoke to the bank involved and they confirmed that credit card was revoked and in this instance the record stayed on ICB for 5 years and then gets erased. I asked them to send an invoice which I will pay. Also asked them to write me the summary of the conversation for my own record.

Thanks everyone for replying.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,005 ✭✭✭pilly

It should say on the report if it's an outstanding issue?

Aparently not in terms of credit card. Once it is revoked then it stays o the history for 5 years and then gets removed even if the account is still no settled.
    pilly wrote: »
    It should say on the report if it's an outstanding issue?

Aparently not in terms of credit card. Once it is revoked then it stays o the history for 5 years and then gets removed even if the account is still no settled.

So it's not a problem then? I'm not sure I understand?

It is not a problem any more...

• Advertisement

It is not a problem any more...

Oh good. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9 cassidy1207987

Just checking A) did you end up with full approval of a mortgage given the history.

B) did the bad credit show up on there report?

I did get the approval
    the history didn't show
    Just checking A) did you end up with full approval of a mortgage given the history.

B) did the bad credit show up on there report?

Advertisement