Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Leaf test drive - recommendations?

124»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 65,674 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

slave1 wrote: »
    Interesting point, there is indeed a fair bit of space in the frunck in the Leaf, has anyone made use of this space I wonder?

It's only a frunk if it is actually designed as storage space. I wouldn't store things in between motor / battery / windscreen washer reservoir / brake fluid reservoir etc. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭cros13

unkel wrote: »
    There's a nice frunk in the i3 that can be used as storage. They only disturbing thing is that in Nyland's winter car review and long test drive last week in the middle of winter in Norway, a good bit of water seemed to get in, making the usefulness of the box very limited / pretty much useless.

BMW sells a waterproof liner/bag for the frunk to keep everything clean and dry. I use one, I keep most of my cables in the frunk.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 65,674 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Good idea for the cables / stuff that you need to have with you but rarely need to use. As long as they are waterproof of course. Nyland goes through bags and bags of washer fluid (large ones too!) that he kept in there :D

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,179 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Thinking I could secure a jack and spare wheel stuff there somewhere...large cable ties etc.

Advertisement