Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Compile segments from a .m4a audio file?

Options
  • 03-03-2017 11:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,087 ✭✭✭

As per thread title, I have a .m4a file - some 2 hours + of audio - that I want to extract certain segments from and place in a new file. It will effectively be summary points/talking points from a meeting.

What software proggy would be best suited for this task?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,163 ✭✭✭ZENER

Audacity :)

Ken

• Registered Users Posts: 5,278 ✭✭✭mordeith

As per thread title, I have a .m4a file - some 2 hours + of audio - that I want to extract certain segments from and place in a new file. It will effectively be summary points/talking points from a meeting.

What software proggy would be best suited for this task?

Audacity should allow you to import the m4a file. From there you can easily select and cut/copy sections and paste into a new track,

• Registered Users Posts: 1,087 ✭✭✭isnottheword

Perfect - thanks for the recomendation - Audacity it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,163 ✭✭✭ZENER

If quality is important I'd convert the files to WAV before editing especially if you're going to save it back out as another compressed format.

Ken

Advertisement