Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FE1 Exam Thread (Read 1st post!) NOTICE: YOU MAY SWAP EXAM GRIDS

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Flamingo125

Constitutional - aiming to learn all but the following, do people think I need to add in more or would I be okay leaving out -

Abortion
    Personal liberty
    Religious freedom
    Directive principles & socio economic rights
    Family & education
    The preamble
    Emergency & war
    International law & Constitution
    Case notes

Hopefully have everything else learned by Friday!😰😰 trying to check from passed exam papers but it is difficult to tell with the lack of detail in the examiner reports!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,159 ✭✭✭yournerd

BASHBAG wrote: »
    For EU I'm covering:

Sources of Law
    DE and MSL
    Judicial Review
    FMOG
    Citizenship
    Equality
    Basic Priniciples ie: Conferral, Subsidiarity, Supremacy

I have ccepted that I dont have the time tot cover Comp law. Could people suggest the next most likely topic that I could reasonably learn with a day of study?

Institutions is an easy one!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭ArthurDayne

Probably a daft question as I can't think of any reason this would be an issue but -- there is no problem with someone else leaving in your legislation is there? Might pass my CA2014 to a friend doing Criminal tomorrow!

• Registered Users Posts: 14 luckyman

Any hints or predictions for Crime tomorrow guys?

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭BASHBAG

yournerd wrote: »
    Institutions is an easy one!

Thanks, I have that pretty much covered and I reckon you'd nearly be able to pull enough out of the treaties to pass a question on them. Still getting worried I won't have enough covered, especially considering I have constitutional and EU back to back so have to split the study time for the week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,159 ✭✭✭yournerd

BASHBAG wrote: »
    Thanks, I have that pretty much covered and I reckon you'd nearly be able to pull enough out of the treaties to pass a question on them. Still getting worried I won't have enough covered, especially considering I have constitutional and EU back to back so have to split the study time for the week.

EU is doable dont worry too much! and the legislation is there has more than you think so just know where it is! especially the 2004/38 directive, i didnt realise it had nearly all the principles i needed to know until the night before!

Now constitutional on the other hand i just dont get!

Best of luck :)

• Registered Users Posts: 48 Mayo91

Constitutional - aiming to learn all but the following, do people think I need to add in more or would I be okay leaving out -

Abortion
    Personal liberty
    Religious freedom
    Directive principles & socio economic rights
    Family & education
    The preamble
    Emergency & war
    International law & Constitution
    Case notes

Hopefully have everything else learned by Friday!���� trying to check from passed exam papers but it is difficult to tell with the lack of detail in the examiner reports!

Pal, the preamble, emergency & war, international law & const are very rare. Also religous freedom.

I would do Freedom of expression
    Family and education
    Judicial review & fundamental rights (proportionality)
    Property Rights
    equality

I dont want to be someone telling you youre screwed, but I wouldn't advise on those anyway. Thats just my opinion. You might know something I don't know, thats just my interpretation.

EDIT: Sorry, read your post wrong! You should be fine!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭ArthurDayne

Mayo91 wrote: »
    Pal, the preamble, emergency & war, international law & const are very rare. Also religous freedom.

I would do Freedom of expression
    Family and education
    Judicial review & fundamental rights (proportionality)
    Property Rights
    equality

I dont want to be someone telling you youre screwed, but I wouldn't advise on those anyway. Thats just my opinion. You might know something I don't know, thats just my interpretation.

My heart sank for this guy until I head his post again haha -- think he means those are the topics he's leaving out. Phew !

• Registered Users Posts: 48 Mayo91

My heart sank for this guy until I head his post again haha -- think he means those are the topics he's leaving out. Phew !

Oh dear, thank god!

I re-read it there...its what he's leaving out. Thank god. My heart sank for the guy.

He should be okay!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 188 ✭✭Teamhrach

I'm just looking at consent in sex offences...
    My understanding is that our authority used to be DPP v Morgan but then C'OR happened which gave rise to a subjective interpretation of consent and there were calls for an objective interpretation but the court (in C'OR) said that it would have to come through legislation.

New legislation came out last year Crim Law (Sexual Offences) Act, 2017. This changed the law vis-a-vis 'protected persons' but section 48 also reformed consent under section 9 of the criminal law (rape) (amendment) act 1990. This responded to the perceived lacuna post-C'OR but there hasn't been any case looking at it yet so it's too early to say whether it worked or not.

Is there anything I'm missing here? Anything to add? I'm working off an Autumn 2017 manual and it doesn't have this change....

Just studied it there hence the late reply...I think that's right. Probably no need to discuss the cases on consent now that it's in legislation although it's a non-exhaustive list. We could refer to a case if the circs in a PQ were different.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4 nina94

does anyone know when we will lose access to the online course material ??

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Kim_Ber_Ley93

Does anyone know if we can had in legislation the morning of the exam. i leave in the country and wont be up until the morning of the exam.

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭Toga Stroll

Does anyone know if we can had in legislation the morning of the exam. i leave in the country and wont be up until the morning of the exam.

Yes but you won’t get it back till probably half and hour through the exam

• Registered Users Posts: 294 ✭✭Vegetarian2017

All I had to pull out of criminal today as I'm too sick. I only studied for the three which means all exams are screwed if I don't pick another. I've to study for contract till Wednesday. I have my notes done for property next Thursday. Would anyone recommend or advise would it be doable to pick up equity which is Friday week? I've no notes nothing. Is it a big subject and what would the main topics be that I'd have to cover ? Any help at all would be appreciate thanks

N.b or tort ? I just realised I've no book for equity ;( my book for tort is independent colleges 2013 would they be OK ??

• Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭jus_me

good luck to everyone in the March sitting!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 47 LegalAnna

All I had to pull out of criminal today as I'm too sick. I only studied for the three which means all exams are screwed if I don't pick another. I've to study for contract till Wednesday. I have my notes done for property next Thursday. Would anyone recommend or advise would it be doable to pick up equity which is Friday week? I've no notes nothing. Is it a big subject and what would the main topics be that I'd have to cover ? Any help at all would be appreciate thanks

N.b or tort ? I just realised I've no book for equity ;( my book for tort is independent colleges 2013 would they be OK ??

I would probably go for equity over tort... a few topics are fairly similar to property and it's not as big as tort... it depends on what you preferred in your undergrad though

• Registered Users Posts: 294 ✭✭Vegetarian2017

Thank you kindly everyone and for the pms too really helped me out when I just hit a brick wall. X I see there is 14 chapters in equity will just have to cut down and focus on major ones

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭BASHBAG

Thank you kindly everyone and for the pms too really helped me out when I just hit a brick wall. X I see there is 14 chapters in equity will just have to cut down and focus on major ones

/Mod deletion/
    I came out sure I failed it last sitting having only answered 4 full questions and then just having a shot in the dark with a few bullet points for my 5th, but I passed it with a good bit to spare.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭Gunslinger92

Hope criminal went well for those who sat it today!

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Redbay650

For Company, last minute cutting down starting to happen!

I’m doing;

Intro
    SLP
    Directors
    Restriction
    Shareholder Protection and Remedies
    Share Transfer
    Corporate Borrowing
    Receivership
    Liquidation
    Realisation of Assets
    Corporate Authority

What should I focus on?

Any help would be greatly appreciated

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18 Lawhead767

Hey guys can anyone analysis the criminal exam for me. I’m freaking out I did the wrong topics. Did 3 good questions:::: I don’t stand a chance do I? Is it marked hard?

• Registered Users Posts: 4 nina94

Hey guys. Ive decided to sit equity next week as criminal didnt go well for me today (mind went blank) and I’m only sitting 3. Anyone have any tips as to what I can study? Have all my notes just need to know what I can cut out etc. thank you!!

• Registered Users Posts: 298 ✭✭FreeFallin94

Hi guys, I've noticed that in constitutional a question can come up about how the proportionality test has been applied in the area of property rights, and I'm just wondering what case law would be good to discuss in a question like that. I assume I'd describe the Heaney (and Tuohy?) test for proportionality and then go through some property cases. I know the proportionality test was applied in Clinton v Quirke and An Blascaod Mor Teo, and that in Gorman v Min for Environment it was held that the test for whether a provision is an unjust attack is the Heaney test, but I'd need a good few other cases to flesh out any answer. Any help much appreciated!

• Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭Tony_TwoLegs

Hi guys, I've noticed that in constitutional a question can come up about how the proportionality test has been applied in the area of property rights, and I'm just wondering what case law would be good to discuss in a question like that. I assume I'd describe the Heaney (and Tuohy?) test for proportionality and then go through some property cases. I know the proportionality test was applied in Clinton v Quirke and An Blascaod Mor Teo, and that in Gorman v Min for Environment it was held that the test for whether a provision is an unjust attack is the Heaney test, but I'd need a good few other cases to flesh out any answer. Any help much appreciated!

Check out the RE Article 26 cases as these delve into the topic(s) a bit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 SM1803

anyone have any tips for contract - finding it so hard to remember the cases

• Registered Users Posts: 47 LegalAnna

Any predictions on company for tomorrow? After October's paper I'm terrified for another really obscure paper again!!

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭Robbie25808

Legislation:

You can drop the legislation in the morning of the exam cant you?

I did it for the last sitting anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭Gunslinger92

Legislation:

You can drop the legislation in the morning of the exam cant you?

I did it for the last sitting anyway.

Yep so I've been told here anyways! I'm doing so on Thursday

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭Chuckler

What came up in the Criminal Paper today?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9 LLBeatle

Chuckler wrote: »
    What came up in the Criminal Paper today?
    Infancy
    Murder
    Sexual Offences (advise the DPP on the charges that could be raised in 4 different scenarios).
    Bail
    Provocation
    Incitement
    Public Order Offences
    Harassment
    Endangering Traffic
    Perjury
    Contempt of Court
    Property Offences (advise the DPP on charges that could be raised in 4 different scenarios)
    Imposing criminal liability for omissions

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement