Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FE1 Exam Thread (Read 1st post!) NOTICE: YOU MAY SWAP EXAM GRIDS

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 37 Gomzu

Does anyone have an equity grid they’d be willing to share?

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭illy.m

Question 3 non delegation of powers on constitutional paper today?

• Registered Users Posts: 298 ✭✭FreeFallin94

Ended up doing the 4 essays and the case note because I wasn't a fan of the problems! Luckily I had a decent knowledge of Gilchrist and then I just threw down a few pages on McGee. The paper was definitely not as bad as it could have been I think.

Hopefully I did enough to pass.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,159 ✭✭✭yournerd

Stop post reviewing it’s the worst thing you can do!!

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭bluntspoon

Can anyone please tell me what issues were in Jean's problem scenario on constitutional? Sorry to annoy, I just have nobody to bounce it off as I'm a non law background

I talked about freedom of expression in the context of protecting journalistic sources. Financial Times v UK and Mahon v Keena & Kennedy. And a bit about fair procedures if she's compelled to attend the inquiry. It seemed straightforward to me, so I'm half thinking I missed something.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭Tony_TwoLegs

Can anyone please tell me what issues were in Jean's problem scenario on constitutional? Sorry to annoy, I just have nobody to bounce it off as I'm a non law background

I got Journalist Privilege (Cornec), Right to Freely Express Convictions and Opinions as a corollary to FoExpression. Also threw in Justiciability test (Bord na gCon) and Contempt defence. Few other cases along the way too incl ECHR. I don't think Fair Procedures apply as she isn't relying on any Civil Right of Inquiry etc

• Registered Users Posts: 42 frankiejoepat

On property, I'm doing:

Ownership & possession;
    Succession;
    Co-ownership;
    Landlord and Tenant;
    Adverse Possession;
    Easements and Profits

The ones in bold seem pretty sure to appear with succession being the basis for two seperate questions. Out of the past 14 sittings, with this selection I would have 6 questions to choose from on 12 occasions, 5 on another occasion and 3 on one other (disastrous) occasion.

I have tort the day before. I think this should be ok barring a mad paper. I'm just a little nervous as my selection came up almost perfectly last autumn.

illy.m wrote: »

Pretty much. I feel I missed something. Bounced off Art 29.6 too. Seemed relatively straightforward and now I'm wondering....

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭david_etc

That's what I assumed, planned to do it as my last question but when I got to it I didn't really like it - seemed to be a good bit to pick apart.

Ended up doing O'Shea and McGee in the case note section - essentially just discussed constitutional interpretation which was handy enough.

david_etc wrote: »

That's what I assumed, planned to do it as my last question but when I got to it I didn't really like it - seemed to be a good bit to pick apart.

Ended up doing O'Shea and McGee in the case note section - essentially just discussed constitutional interpretation which was handy enough.
    I thought O"Shea was the Literal Approach case but after doing it I panicked and had 10min so did a third case - Re Art 26 one on Property Rights. That's what I get for overthinking and thinking I got O"Shea wrong.

• Advertisement

I thought O"Shea was the Literal Approach case but after doing it I panicked and had 10min so did a third case - Re Art 26 one on Property Rights. That's what I get for overthinking and thinking I got O"Shea wrong.

Easily done though, at least you got it down on the page though seems like an issue easy enough to pick up enough marks to pass anyway. I have to admit it took me a second too to figure it out. When I was in college I could never remember which was O'Shea and which was Shaw because they both are reported in 1982.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Flamingo125

For Q3 I talked about external sovereignty was that all wrong?🙄

For Q3 I talked about external sovereignty was that all wrong?🙄

Well I mentioned 29.6 but more as a nod to the article. I read it as being a Separation of Powers issue (non delegation) for the Minister and to be cautious of ultravires acts. The long title of the Act was a clue to look for Principles and Policies (Cityview). Well, so I think but now I dunno!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 31 Frances94

I did sovereignty, 29.4.3, small bit on principles and policies test for Q3.
    Didn't focus on principles and policies much because of the SOP essay.. who knows!

SoP question was actually kind of nuanced in its framing but my answer was just LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT THIS CASE AND THIS CASE AND THIS CASE

SoP question was actually kind of nuanced in its framing but my answer was just LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT THIS CASE AND THIS CASE AND THIS CASE

It was a bit misleading. I think top marks for covering both Sovereignty and NDD. I jumped on NDD, with about 3 lines of Sovereignty. I think he'll give everyone a bit of a poetic licence. It was ADVISE the Dept. Not necessarily a trap.

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭makemecrazy

I got Journalist Privilege (Cornec), Right to Freely Express Convictions and Opinions as a corollary to FoExpression. Also threw in Justiciability test (Bord na gCon) and Contempt defence. Few other cases along the way too incl ECHR. I don't think Fair Procedures apply as she isn't relying on any Civil Right of Inquiry etc
    thanks! I wrote about freedom of expression, parliamentary privilege in comparing to Keirns and Ardagh v Maguire , privacy rights to a good name even as not an avenue since he is going to the inquiry and that her right to earn a livelihood can be restricted as its a weak right

• Registered Users Posts: 38 HenryHodgson

Hi there,

Could anyone PLEASE let me know if they have a copy of the Oct 2017 Equity exam paper/a grid of what came up then?

I have loads of other info to trade if you have the need.

Thank you!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 Proctop_

Hi there,

Could anyone PLEASE let me know if they have a copy of the Oct 2017 Equity exam paper/a grid of what came up then?

I have loads of other info to trade if you have the need.

Thank you!

Q1 secret trust - problem
    Q2 anton pillar - essay
    Q3 constructive trust - problem
    Q4 principles applicable to tracing - essay
    Q5 charitable trusts - problem
    Q6 specific performance - defences of the application - essay
    Q7 - write on two topics:
    1. Distribution of surplus funds of an unincorporated association
    2. Rectification of unilateral mistakes
    3. Doctrine of satisfaction
    Q8. Seeking an injunction before the hearing of specific performance - problem

Hope this helps!

• Registered Users Posts: 38 HenryHodgson

Proctop_ wrote: »
    Q2 anton pillar - essay

Hope this helps!

This is great, thank you!

• Advertisement

Q2 anton pillar - essay

Hope this helps!

Just on the above, from memory Q1 was basically two topics in the problem 1) joint deposit bank accounts (resulting trusts: Owens v Greene; Lynch v Burke) and then 2) was on secret trusts.

Also the problem in Q3 also was about certainty of intention.

Just on the above, from memory Q1 was basically two topics in the problem 1) joint deposit bank accounts (resulting trusts: Owens v Greene; Lynch v Burke) and then 2) was on secret trusts.

Also the problem in Q3 also was about certainty of intention.

Thank you! That helps me too!

This is great, thank you!

The examiners report says it is about the 3 certainties and regarding the certainty of objects the difficulties in ascertaining the "friends" of the deceased!

Just a note to add about q3!!

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Lawhead767

Hi guys can someone tell me what they wrote for the sop question in constitutional, q5? Please
    I just want to know was is solely an executive question or did you have to discuss the 3 organs?

The examiners report says it is about the 3 certainties and regarding the certainty of objects the difficulties in ascertaining the "friends" of the deceased!

Just a note to add about q3!!

Just dug out the paper there, you're right re: certainty of object. Apologies to OP!

Guys, would anyone have an up to date grid for tort? Please in bad need of it only starting to study subject today

Quick question for anyone who has been going through the Tort past papers (I have grids only) - does a question on the history/evolution of the Duty of Care come up? Grid suggests it and standard of care come up the whole time but is it worth really knowing off your timeline (Donoghue - Anns - Murphy- Glencar, etc etc), as if it's a problem question you can essentially go straight to Glencar/Whelan.

Lawhead767 wrote: »
    Guys, would anyone have an up to date grid for tort? Please in bad need of it only starting to study subject today

I have grid up to March 2017 - PM me your email.

I have grid up to March 2017 - PM me your email.

I have the one up until March 2017, thanks though!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5 EGG2018

Hi everyone, would anyone have an up to date grid for Equity?

Thanks

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement