Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FE1 Exam Thread (Read 1st post!) NOTICE: YOU MAY SWAP EXAM GRIDS

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭Gunslinger92

Well tort went well. Not!! Surely the probability of preparing 11/12 topics and only three of them coming up is ridiculously low? Gah

• Registered Users Posts: 300 ✭✭Leraf

Well tort went well. Not!! Surely the probability of preparing 11/12 topics and only three of them coming up is ridiculously low? Gah

Intrigued! What came up?

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Lawhead767

What came up can anyone tell me?

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭Tommybojangles

From Memory
    Causation problem question
    Defamation Problem question
    Products liability Problem Question
    Damages Essay
    Limitation periods Essay
    Employers liability Problem Question
    And not a Scooby doo of the other 2

• Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭Tony_TwoLegs

Gomzu wrote: »
    I’ve realised looking through my notes that I’ve not done Anton Piller at all! What’s the likelihood that it’ll come up again?

Edit: also nothing on Bauer injunctions!! 😳

I'd say v.unlikely it'll reappear two in a row. Then again.... if it's a new examiner (possible) then who knows!!
    Ignore Bayer imho

• Advertisement

From Memory
    Causation problem question
    Defamation Problem question
    Products liability Problem Question
    Damages Essay
    Limitation periods Essay
    Employers liability Problem Question
    And not a Scooby doo of the other 2

Are you saying q1 was causation ? I said r v fletcher ??

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭sapphire309

Lawhead767 wrote: »
    Are you saying q1 was causation ? I said r v fletcher ??

Q4 was a problem Q on causation alone! Q1 was Rylands I think

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭Supermax1988

Disastrous stuff. That was trickiest defamation question I've ever seen.

And not a single land based tort question!

Lawhead767 wrote: »
    What came up can anyone tell me?

From what I can tell...

Q1: DOC for 3rd Parties PQ
    Q2: Limitation of Actions Essay
    Q3: Defective Products PQ
    Q4: Causation PQ
    Q5: Damages Essay
    Q6: Defamation PQ
    Q7: Employer's Liability PQ
    Q8: Nervous Shock Essay

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭david_etc

Disastrous stuff. That was trickiest defamation question I've ever seen.

And not a single land based tort question!

Unbelievable. No land torts at all. Ridiculous. Definitely failed that, could only answer 3 properly.

Question One was vicarious liability for children surely? It's not Rylands. Weird question considering you were only asked to advise in relation Mary's liability to Harry, which was one sentence at the end?

• Advertisement

I said q1 was public nuisance oh my god

Had to make up answers for limitations and employers liability and the causation one was weird too. The defamation one was my only good answer :o

I said q1 was public nuisance oh my god

Had to make up answers for limitations and employers liability and the causation one was weird too. The defamation one was my only good answer :o

I said rylands v fletcher and public nuisance aswell for q1

david_etc wrote: »
    Question One was vicarious liability for children surely?

Oh jesus I never thought of that. I said it it was DOC owed for the actions of third parties. In that she assumed responsibility for his actions like in Home Office v Dorset Yacht Club. I could be way off though.

There wasn't a single handy question on that paper. I thought I knew Defective Products inside out but the last paragraph in that question threw me.

Oh well. Better get cramming for Equity.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Sam675

Oh jesus I never thought of that. I said it it was DOC owed for the actions of third parties. In that she assumed responsibility for his actions like in Home Office v Dorset Yacht Club. I could be way off though.

There wasn't a single handy question on that paper. I thought I knew Defective Products inside out but the last paragraph in that question threw me.

Oh well. Better get cramming for Equity.

I said the same for Q1!

I assume for Q1 you guys didn't just focus on the car accident like the question specified? I had to do that and the employer's liability one because I was stuck. Hilarious stuff - me talking about Fletcher v Commissioner for works..

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭ally1234

I’m done! Last fe1 ever I hope, fingers crossed. Gosh that was tricky one today though, I left tort exam to last. Negligent care of children was all I really wrote about for question 1, Curley v Mannion etc. maybe I’m doomed after that and will be back in October! The damages essay on deterring others wasn’t great either I made up a load of waffle for that and I know nothing about floodgates in nervous shock, more waffle...

• Registered Users Posts: 4 flyingdog

Does anyone know if beneficiaries and solicitors are allowed to act as the witness to the execution of a will?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,159 ✭✭✭yournerd

flyingdog wrote: »
    Does anyone know if beneficiaries and solicitors are allowed to act as the witness to the execution of a will?

Solicitors are.

flyingdog wrote: »

Solicitors yes
    Beneficiaries no (secret trusts excl)

• Registered Users Posts: 4 flyingdog

yournerd wrote: »
    Solicitors are.
    Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭lsheehaneire

Just wondering in question 1 apart from liability for a children’s dangerous propensity did anyone refer to remoteness of damage .ie the foreseeability of the ball damaging the windscreen?

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭bluntspoon

I'd say v.unlikely it'll reappear two in a row. Then again.... if it's a new examiner (possible) then who knows!!
    Ignore Bayer imho

I haven't heard anything about a new examiner?

I presume doc for children is failure to control/ supervise ? Does remoteness apply ?

bluntspoon wrote: »
    Ignore Bayer imho

I haven't heard anything about a new examiner?

No. Nor have I. It was hypothetical is all. Ie anything's possible

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭ally1234

I presume doc for children is failure to control/ supervise ? Does remoteness apply ?

Yep failure to control and act as a prudent and just parent etc.. i didn’t mention remoteness, (my brain is worn out at this stage) but if you did, no harm you covered all scenarios

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭Tommybojangles

does anyone by any chance have a list of what was on the property paper in oktober?

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭bluntspoon

No. Nor have I. It was hypothetical is all. Ie anything's possible

Ah, okay. Fingers crossed there's been no change. I'm banking on a nice, predictable paper!

Tort paper... tough ? Did most people manange to cover all 5 ?

Tort paper... tough ? Did most people manange to cover all 5 ?

I answered 5 but two of them were genuinely pulled out of my arse, and I now realise I didn't answer q.1 very well. My defamation answer was quite good cause I'd lots of cases on internet defamation, and my q.4 on causation was ropey at best.
    Any other recent paper and I'd have flown it. So frustrating.

• Advertisement

I answered 5 but two of them were genuinely pulled out of my arse, and I now realise I didn't answer q.1 very well. My defamation answer was quite good cause I'd lots of cases on internet defamation, and my q.4 on causation was ropey at best.
    Any other recent paper and I'd have flown it. So frustrating.

Did you think she was liable for the website? I assumed not because it was just a link to it and there's the Canadian Supreme Court decision on that (couldn't remember the name of it in the exam of course...) but I don't think it's had judicial consideration here?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement