Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FE1 Exam Thread (Read 1st post!) NOTICE: YOU MAY SWAP EXAM GRIDS

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭lsheehaneire

Totally! It just seemed like it was hard to get a good run at 5 questions.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭Gunslinger92

david_etc wrote: »
    Did you think she was liable for the website? I assumed not because it was just a link to it and there's the Canadian Supreme Court decision on that (couldn't remember the name of it in the exam of course...) but I don't think it's had judicial consideration here?

She's liable for the tweet but not the website for the reason you said. (IMO of course). I only mentioned the fact she linked to a news article briefly, I focussed on the tweet for the majority of my answer, talked about how it satisfies the requirements of defamation under the 09 act

Surely her defamatory tweet directed people to the website? Anyone refer to Jamel v Dow Jones here ?

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭david_etc

david_etc wrote: »
    Did you think she was liable for the website? I assumed not because it was just a link to it and there's the Canadian Supreme Court decision on that (couldn't remember the name of it in the exam of course...) but I don't think it's had judicial consideration here?
    Surely her defamatory tweet directed people to the website? Anyone refer to Jamel v Dow Jones here ?

I think the point is that she's not a publisher of the content in the link. The Canadian Supreme said links are like footnotes in the a book - they just show there's content elsewhere

Here lads don't be putting it into my head that my only decent answer was actually wrong :pac: :pac:
    Like she still defamed him didn't she? She called him a jerk and a facist and the rest that's definitely defamatory

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭david_etc

Here lads don't be putting it into my head that my only decent answer was actually wrong :pac: :pac:

If you're wrong I'm wrong!

And judging by the rest of the paper... :pac:

Definitely defamed him ! Also did people mention Malicious falsehood?

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭Supermax1988

Lads,

I know this forum is a relatively small sample but it SEEMS like most people found the paper tough enough. Does anyone know if that will be factored in for the marking? I know I'm grasping at straws here!

Like did anyone find the paper easy?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,159 ✭✭✭yournerd

Lads,

I know this forum is a relatively small sample but it SEEMS like most people found the paper tough enough. Does anyone know if that will be factored in for the marking? I know I'm grasping at straws here!

Like did anyone find the paper easy?

If it wasn’t anything compared to company in October 2017 - do not lose sleep over it. Everyone I know that did company in October came out furious and everyone passes!

That’s what I’m hoping too .. surely it will be marked more “compassionately” considering how difficult it was ...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭vid36

That was a disappointing paper today for me and probably another year in limbo.

How does one remember all the ways an easement can be created?

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭Supermax1988

If anyone had a sample Mareva Injunction essay I'd be very grateful...

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭Toga Stroll

Has anyone actually learned off the factors the courts take into account for s117 applications. The list from are ABC Deceased is massive but would we be expected to know it?

Is anyone actually freaking for property? Everyone says it’s suxh a handy exam but it’s actually a lot to learn 😔

• Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭angela1711

Has anyone actually learned off the factors the courts take into account for s117 applications. The list from are ABC Deceased is massive but would we be expected to know it?

I just learned a few. Surely you won't even have time to list them all. Or I might just make up something on the spot :P

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Camron_16

Hey

If anyone is looking for a room for tonight in the Red Cow at a discounted rate I have one available as now need to travel up in the morning. PM if interested.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 jazzypatty89

Wow 😩☹️

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Law4567

Awful stuff

What even was that paper!!?

• Advertisement

Is there a new examiner?

Mod deletion

Omg!!! I just checked the exam and IT IS A NEW EXAMINER!!!! That’s why the questions were so different!
    On a serious note... does ANYONE happen to know if the examiner for equity has changed as well? Thx!!

Omg!!! I just checked the exam and IT IS A NEW EXAMINER!!!! That’s why the questions were so different!
    On a serious note... does ANYONE happen to know if the examiner for equity has changed as well? Thx!!

It should be on the Law society page but I don’t think they have updated it!

What happened guys what exam was this? Sorry to hear it was bad

It was property.. they haven’t updated the law society website with the new examiner info. Still has the old one on there so assuming it’d be same if equity changed :|

• Registered Users Posts: 300 ✭✭Leraf

Not sure if the fact it’s a new examiner makes me feel better or worse about that exam

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5 newbie50

By any chance would anyone have a spare Equity exam grid they'd be willing to send on please? Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭Tommybojangles

I didn't think it was that bad today, Standard enough succession with a few twists thrown in, co ownership, Adverse possession and Webb V Ireland on its own was a but of a curveball but doable

• Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭angela1711

I don't know the external examiner but the internal one was my lecturer. He is a fair marker. Once you put down the relevant legislation and main cases you should be fine. I actually thought that the paper was easy enough? If not even easier then the previous years. All the usual questions came up. I may be completely delusional though

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭Toga Stroll

Wasn’t prepared for the estoppel part in succession. Did it last and was stuck for time so didn’t even address it but did the rest. Hope I won’t be marked down for it too much

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement