Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FE1 Exam Thread (Read 1st post!) NOTICE: YOU MAY SWAP EXAM GRIDS

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Fergalr2092

Lumi77 wrote: »
    Nice paper ....

Yeah it was a fair paper. No real curveballs.

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭david_etc

Donatio Mortis Causa problem question was so amazing. When I opened the paper and saw the length of the undue influence questions I was just like...

• Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭angela1711

david_etc wrote: »
    Donatio Mortis Causa problem question was so amazing. When I opened the paper and saw the length of the undue influence questions I was just like...

The length was a bit discouring alright but the actual question wasn't too bad

Definitely could have gone a lot worse anyway - walking out of Equity last October knowing I'd failed it wasn't a great feeling.

So torn between sleep and pints.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 jazzypatty89

That wasn’t that bad at all... I was expecting the unexpected after property and then I opened the paper and saw that Betty died in contentious circumstances and was like YESSS Betty!!!
    But seriously, well done to you all! Regardless of what happens in 6 weeks...you’ve put in the time and work and it’s behind you now so enjoy your weekend and normal life again! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭angela1711

I know the exams are over but was wondering how many cases are required per question ? I know it will depend on the question and subject but in general will it be more like 5 or 20 ?

• Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭Tony_TwoLegs

angela1711 wrote: »
    I know the exams are over but was wondering how many cases are required per question ? I know it will depend on the question and subject but in general will it be more like 5 or 20 ?

More like 5 !!

• Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭Tony_TwoLegs

Right.... Anyone got notes for Tort for October. I think I'll start tonight..... get a good run at it !!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,159 ✭✭✭yournerd

Right.... Anyone got notes for Tort for October. I think I'll start tonight..... get a good run at it !!

Your motivation is killing me!

Fully anticipating have to resit Tort.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28 Louisekeegan

Woke up this morning with relief ... no more study for a while. Those exams really get you

• Registered Users Posts: 6,769 ✭✭✭nuac

Best of luck to all. Happiest days of your lives etc etc

• Registered Users Posts: 17 UC

Yeah I'll pm you

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭LucBetton

How do results work?

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

LucBetton wrote: »
    How do results work?

They normally get put up online and get sent out in the post the Friday 6 weeks after the last exam which should be 4th May this time around. You'll get login information about a week before I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,159 ✭✭✭yournerd

They normally get put up online and get sent out in the post the Friday 6 weeks after the last exam which should be 4th May this time around. You'll get login information about a week before I think.

How are people coping post exams?

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Bigdreamer123

If anybody has Constitutional or Company grids, notes etc. that they wouldn't mind sharing I wouldn't mind preparing myself for what I need to do. Just a bit earlier to apply for courses/buy manuals yet in case get updated.

• Registered Users Posts: 48 Snakeydoogey

When in October are the exams generally on? Trying to book a holiday and don't want to clash.Thanks in advance.

• Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭jus_me

I believe they start the 2nd

• Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭vid36

When in October are the exams generally on? Trying to book a holiday and don't want to clash.Thanks in advance.
    The dates for the October sitting will be released along with the results in May, but they are usually the first two weeks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭jus_me

vid36 wrote: »
    The dates for the October sitting will be released along with the results in May, but they are usually the first two weeks.

You're right I rang the red cow to book and they said it's the 2nd of oct

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Bigdreamer123

Fully anticipating have to resit Tort.

Don't worry! I was convinced would have to resit tort last time and passed it!

Don't worry! I was convinced would have to resit tort last time and passed it!

Hopefully!

Would anyone know/mod to confirm whether we are able to post up exam papers? Happy to post this year's Tort, Equity and Constitutional if it's of help.

If anyone had Company or EU I'd be grateful too.

Edit: Sorry, read the first page and see this is not allowed. Apologies.

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭Blazedup

Hopefully!

Would anyone know/mod to confirm whether we are able to post up exam papers? Happy to post this year's Tort, Equity and Constitutional if it's of help.

If anyone had Company or EU I'd be grateful too.

Edit: Sorry, read the first page and see this is not allowed. Apologies.

Mod deletion

• Closed Accounts Posts: 188 ✭✭Teamhrach

Hi guys! Hope everyone's had a good time relaxing or partying since the exams! I'm trying to crack on with another few soon (contract, EU, company). Does anyone have book recommendations or any tips on how to approach study for these?

The Supreme Court book was a brilliant help with constitutional so anything similar for the other subjects? TIA :)

Teamhrach wrote: »
    Hi guys! Hope everyone's had a good time relaxing or partying since the exams! I'm trying to crack on with another few soon (contract, EU, company). Does anyone have book recommendations or any tips on how to approach study for these?

The Supreme Court book was a brilliant help with constitutional so anything similar for the other subjects? TIA :)

Starting studying already? Fair play! Not sure there's anything quite as accessible for those subjects - I assume you're using manuals/notes though?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Hopeful Solicitor to be

Hi everyone,

Apologies if this post is in the wrong area and if the question has already been answered (I have skimmed through other Fe1 posts, but I could not find the answer). I have the 2016-2017 Griffith College - King’s Inn manuals (I had hoped to sit them at the time, but personal issues cropped up, that’s life) I have been thinking about the Fe1s for a while now. Could I use my slightly out dated King’s Inns manuals In conjunction with the LawSoc exam papers? I would probably have to do some updating with company law, but the legal rules and principles should be the same.

I am new to Boards.ie and would really appreciate some helpful advise. I am considering doing three exams this October and I am wondering would that give me enough time to study?

I work full time and I am completing something else on the side. I am thinking that if I get started I have five years to pass them all so I can spread the workload accordingly.

I hope everyone is flying along with their study for this October.

Thanks a million for any advise :)

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭Blazedup

Anyone have an up to date constitutional grid?

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭Lumi77

Hi Everyone

I am wondering if anyone would know or has friends that know how long does the SUSI grant application take until final decision. Maybe admin can guide me to a thread for PPCI please.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭vid36

I would recommend you get FE1 manuels and not rely on King's Inn. Every examiner has a different emphases in these subjects. I would also recommend you avoid subjects with bigger syllabus for your first sitting. I have passed six of them already and would recommend starting with Criminal, Property, Contract and Equity given overlap between them and other factors. Definitely avoid Constitutional and EU on your first attempt. I would also be very skeptical of attempting Tort on the first sitting.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement