Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FE1 Exam Thread (Read 1st post!) NOTICE: YOU MAY SWAP EXAM GRIDS

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭sapphire309

In relation to Company law, regarding s.220 CA2014, does a brother-in-law count as a connected person? Not listed in the act, but are there any examples that anyone knows of an in-law being classed as a connected person?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Hopeful Solicitor to be

vid36 wrote: »
    I would recommend you get FE1 manuels and not rely on King's Inn. Every examiner has a different emphases in these subjects. I would also recommend you avoid subjects with bigger syllabus for your first sitting. I have passed six of them already and would recommend starting with Criminal, Property, Contract and Equity given overlap between them and other factors. Definitely avoid Constitutional and EU on your first attempt. I would also be very skeptical of attempting Tort on the first sitting.

Hi Vid36, thank you so much for that helpful feedback and guidance. It is much appreciated.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 ak4321

Is it definitely May 4th for results? I always seemed to think it was 5 weeks after the last exam but maybe that has changed, prolonging the agony if so!

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

ak4321 wrote: »
    Is it definitely May 4th for results? I always seemed to think it was 5 weeks after the last exam but maybe that has changed, prolonging the agony if so!

In my experience it's always been 6 weeks and I've done 6 sittings!

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Louisekeegan

I’m dreading them !!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34 ak4321

I’m dreading them !!

Fearing the worst with Tort for sure!

• Registered Users Posts: 300 ✭✭Leraf

In my experience it's always been 6 weeks and I've done 6 sittings!

Did it get worse each time you sat them? I feel like its worse for me each time.

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭ally1234

ak4321 wrote: »
    Fearing the worst with Tort for sure!

I think everyone is in the same boat. The fear is real. Im on my final three but not a bit confident or at ease. Tort was a nightmare for me also. Anyone out there pass tort after a disastrous paper, I could do with a positive story on this dreary Monday in work:D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,159 ✭✭✭yournerd

anyone know when results are out? tired of waiting already!

yournerd wrote: »
    anyone know when results are out? tired of waiting already!

Based on previous experience I'd expect them Friday week. I feel like I've been waiting for years!

• Advertisement

Based on previous experience I'd expect them Friday week. I feel like I've been waiting for years!

Part of me can wait forever but part of me wants to know so badly:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭Lumi77

next friday the 4th May

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭illy.m

Anyone got an email from Law Soc re results yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭cathy427

Just looking at old Criminal papers.

Back in 2009 there was a question where the doctor did an excessive examination of breasts and buttocks for her own sexual gratification rather than medical need.

In answer this I am right in thinking sec 2 and sec 3 Sexual Assault and that consent is vitiated by the fact that the patients consented only for medical reasons so the fact that the perpetrator is a doctor doesn't excuse the behaviour?

Am I on the right track?

• Registered Users Posts: 8 j.furriskey

cathy427 wrote: »
    Just looking at old Criminal papers.  

Back in 2009 there was a question where the doctor did an excessive examination of breasts and buttocks for her own sexual gratification rather than medical need.

In answer this I am right in thinking sec 2 and sec 3 Sexual Assault and that consent is vitiated by the fact that the patients consented only for medical reasons so the fact that the perpetrator is a doctor doesn't excuse the behaviour?

Am I on the right track?
    You're correct, the complainant consented to a medical examination not a sexual act which was its actual nature, but you should also cite Rv Tabassum, the question is a play on the same facts.

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭lsheehaneire

There are two elements to sexual assault.

1. An assault as per sec 2 or sec 3 of the non fatal offences against the person act 1997.

2. The perpetrator must have intended the indecent element of the assault ( in this case self gratification)

Consent is vitiated if achieved by fraud ie misrepresenting the act as a medical procedure.

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,727 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

Kumar v. The Queen and R v. Court are of relevance.

• Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭cathy427

Thanks so much folks - never sure I am on the right track.

No email from the Law Society today making me very anxious!

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭Supermax1988

No email from the Law Society today making me very anxious!

Don't we usually get an email on the Monday to say they'll be released on the Friday?

• Advertisement

Don't we usually get an email on the Monday to say they'll be released on the Friday?

Nope it's usually the Friday before.

Nope it's usually the Friday before.

I checked and it was the Friday before the last time but they’re so disorganised I hope it’s monday

yournerd wrote: »
    I checked and it was the Friday before the last time but they’re so disorganised I hope it’s monday

I'm hoping for the same.

1. My patience can't last much can longer I've been an anxious wreck for the last week as it is

2. I honestly have to know by Friday because I'm meant to be starting my traineeship on Tuesday.

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭lawless11

Sending positive vibes to all awaiting the results! They will come soon I'm sure, and I hope you'll be happy with them/that you'll pass!

Keep your heads up x.

• Registered Users Posts: 44 tiddy_boo

I just called the Law Society and they said the result will be out in early May but there is no exact date yet. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭lsheehaneire

Thanks for calling.
    I wonder why the delay ... we will probably get the email so this Friday for the following week 😡

• Registered Users Posts: 20 RedBlanket

Hey Guys

I spoke to the FE1 section just there and they said it should be this Friday (she kept saying provisionally) but as far as she knows they're going out this Friday and hasnt heard anything different

I asked about the email and she said we should get the email this afternoon or tomorrow morning confirming it!

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 44 tiddy_boo

At least they gave you an actual date! I couldn't believe it when I spoke to them this morning and they said there was no exact date yet. Waiting for the results is absolute torture! :(

This is ridiculous. We shouldn't be left in suspense like this with no clue when we're going to actually get our results. Every other professional set of exams I know gives the results date when people are sitting the exams so there's no guessing game required. We need to know ffs. I'm meant to be starting my training contract next week so now I could be in a situation where I walk into work not knowing whether I'm actually meant to be there or not and I know I'm not the only one in my intake who will be in that situation. The Law Society is so frustrating.

/Rant

• Advertisement

Stress of getting results.

Stress of opening them.

Then stress of dealing with them.

Does it ever end?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement