Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FE1 Exam Thread (Read 1st post!) NOTICE: YOU MAY SWAP EXAM GRIDS

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭lsheehaneire

This really is a joke at this stage .. I’m not sure what’s going on internally but the website states students will be notified one week before the results so surely that means we are not getting them this week. It’s very disappointing that a professional body can not communicate clearly a date, that’s all we need.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭Gunslinger92

So I've just heard this and don't know how true it is but a friend's friends was apparently told by the Law Society that results would only be by post this year. Just a warning in case it is true!

Bollocks anyway I can't sit in work all day knowing the letter is at home waiting!

• Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭vid36

FE1 Lady wrote: »
    First Time doing these Bad Boys - thinking on sitting 4/5 - Anybody Recommend Which To Sit To Help Get the Magic Three? Any Advice Will Be Appreciated Guys 😊

I would recommend Contract, Property, Equity and Criminal given the overlap between the subjects and other factors.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Pl1234

Is it safe to assume that if they are going out by post for Friday that they will be posted today or Thursday? As it is the bank holiday, some people may not end up with their results until the Tuesday? Hate having to wait in work until Friday evening to open them....

• Registered Users Posts: 44 tiddy_boo

I really hope they go up online because I never get the letter until the following Monday and with this weekend being a bank holiday and everything! :( I know its a long shot but I wonder if you called them on Friday would they give them to you over the phone?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭lsheehaneire

I have just emailed them for clarification on date results will be posted and when they will be available online. Maybe they might have a clearer idea at this stage of the week. Will keep you posted ðŸ˜႒

I also emailed them looking for clarification. I will let you all know what they say. I doubt they would give you the results over the phone. I think I read on this thread somewhere before that someone else had tried to ring for results and they wouldn't give them out over the phone, but I may be wrong.

Pl1234 wrote: »
    I also emailed them looking for clarification. I will let you all know what they say. I doubt they would give you the results over the phone. I think I read on this thread somewhere before that someone else had tried to ring for results and they wouldn't give them out over the phone, but I may be wrong.

To be fair you're probably right. The thoughts of having to wait until Tuesday! :(

I assume its because they would be literally inundated with calls and for the fear they would give out someone's personal information to the wrong person etc. Ill let you know if I get an email back anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 aideenc18

I have just received a reply from the FE1 section with the same response,

‘The provisional release date is Friday, 4th May 2018’.

Outrageous how they can continue to send this response when the ‘provisional’ date is 2 days away!

• Advertisement

The reply I got said:

Dear X,

The results are being issued by post the release date is Friday, 4th May 2018.

Regards,

X

Even if they are only being issued by post its still unclear! Will they be sent out in the post on Thursday so we can expect to receive them Friday or are they being posted Friday?!

• Registered Users Posts: 20 RedBlanket

I really dont understand why they cant just send an email with the info to everyone...gonna be a disaster when people try to login online on Friday and theres nothing there!

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭bluntspoon

Thanks to everyone who has been contacting the Law Soc to try to get to the bottom of this! It's really very poor form if they've decided to only release the results by post this year, without telling anyone in advance.

So I finally got a straight answer; they will not being going up online and they will be posted out on Friday and we should expect to received them on Tuesday.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭Gunslinger92

Urghhhhhhhhh would it have killed them to inform people of that fact?

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭sapphire309

It explicitly says on our applications forms that “Results will be posted to candidates and will be available on the Society’s website on the same day”.
    Surely they can’t just change their minds after us all submitting our application forms with this information?

It explicitly says on our applications forms that “Results will be posted to candidates and will be available on the Society’s website on the same day”.
    Surely they can’t just change their minds after us all submitting our application forms with this information?

Well a few years ago they moved an exam date forward so I guess they can and they will, I don't think we have enough time or enough people even know to get a petition going! :pac:

http://www.thejournal.ie/law-society-adds-extra-exam-date-1279384-Jan2014/

I would not be surprised if you clicked on the link on Friday morning at half nine that the results will be there.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 RedBlanket

Just spoke to them. Definitely not going up online. What about people due to start training contracts on Tuesday?

• Advertisement

Everything about this ridiculous, being told 2 days before and the fact its a bank holiday weekend!! As if you're not stressed enough!

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

RedBlanket wrote: »
    Just spoke to them. Definitely not going up online. What about people due to start training contracts on Tuesday?

I've just called my firm. They're not happy about this. Right now this means that I'm to head into work on Tuesday and just wait to see what happens. It won't be humiliating at all if I have to tell them after one day's work that I'm not actually able to start.

I've just called my firm. They're not happy about this. Right now this means that I'm to head into work on Tuesday and just wait to see what happens.

You would think there would be some other option, given the results are actually available on Friday, especially for those starting training contracts. I'm nowhere near that point myself but its still frustrating. I can't imagine how it is for you guys.

tiddy_boo wrote: »
    You would think there would be some other option, given the results are actually available on Friday, especially for those starting training contracts. I'm nowhere near that point myself but its still frustrating. I can't imagine how it is for you guys.

The firm are going to call themselves so maybe they'll be able to sort something out but considering the way things are currently going I won't be holding my breath.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 curlyheadedfck

My god, you'd think 6 weeks would be enough time for the Law Soc to sort their **** out.
    And not even any official letter/email about the results yet.

My friend was told "technical difficulties" was the reason when she rang today apparently.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 LawGrad216

I also rang today and told that due to "technical difficulties" there are no online results this year. I wonder could we go collect them from the Law Soc themselves?

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭LucBetton

No in-person collections allowed

• Registered Users Posts: 8 LawGrad216

LucBetton wrote: »
    No in-person collections allowed

Can you confirm the origins of your information? Hopefully it has not been derived from your gluteus maximus.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭LucBetton

LawGrad216 wrote: »
    Can you confirm the origins of your information? Hopefully it has not been derived from your gluteus maximus.

Oh I rang them

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement