Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FE1 Exam Thread (Read 1st post!) NOTICE: YOU MAY SWAP EXAM GRIDS

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭lsheehaneire

Not a wink !

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Louisekeegan

Really, thank you I don’t think I will then. I’ll just be glad I have seven and get stuck back into the equity books. I’m still delighted no more Eu study

• Registered Users Posts: 4,159 ✭✭✭yournerd

Lumi77 wrote: »
    who had any sleep last night??????

I’m in work this morning and can’t ecen think straight :(

• Registered Users Posts: 300 ✭✭Leraf

I love my bright and early postman :) Results are in

• Registered Users Posts: 4,159 ✭✭✭yournerd

Failed one :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭illy.m

40 mins left for those sitting and waiting in work/abroad etc. Good luck to everyone!

• Registered Users Posts: 300 ✭✭Leraf

yournerd wrote: »
    Failed one :(

You can resit try not to be too disheartened.

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭Lumi77

same here but I told everyone in work to stay away from me until I have results !!!

• Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭vid36

Got Consitutional and failed Tort so stuck in limbo for another year.Not unexpected to be honest given the fact the paper didn't go my way.
    For those considering recheck , I was brought up from 43 to 50 in a Company recheck previously. It does happen .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭ArthurDayne

Anyone have any experience of how the top 5/6 firms deal with failing an FE1 prior to starting Blackhall?

I've failed one and I'm just trying to somehow convince myself there is still a chance they will keep me on . . .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13 joedubs

Anyone have any experience of how the top 5/6 firms deal with failing an FE1 prior to starting Blackhall?

I've failed one and I'm just trying to somehow convince myself there is still a chance they will keep me on . . .

Two things to consider - which firm it is and how many times have you sat it? Some firms like A&L have a 3 sitting rule. But I've definitely heard people failing a couple of times with others!

• Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭Tony_TwoLegs

Due to start in September or 2019?
    If 2019 you'll be fine.
    Otherwise, you'll find in your contract they can terminate the agreement as you didn't keep your end of the deal.
    If they're unsympathetic.... you're better off not working for them. It doesn't reflect well on their ethos.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 legallywrecked

Best of luck today everyone! Would someone mind posting the october dates from the new form if you have a chance? I can’t get in online so i’m waiting until i go home later but eager to block off the leave in work for the next round. Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭LucBetton

Does anyone know the range you should be in before you think of getting a recheck?

Asking for a friend

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭L124

Best of luck everyone!!

Just wondering if anyone would be able to send me the October exam schedule please?

• Registered Users Posts: 13 joedubs

hey guys passed my final one! (on my 4th sitting) somehow managed to fail in my third sitting even though I only had 2 to do!

the forum has been sooo supportive - so thanks! and good luck everyone!

LucBetton wrote: »
    Does anyone know the range you should be in before you think of getting a recheck?

Asking for a friend

Everyone be mindful..... a recheck is NOT a remarking. It's seeing did the examiner calculate the marks in the margin correctly. This is what I have been told anyways. Be hesitant about forking out 120 euros.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

Guys I'm in shock. After 6 sittings and 21 exams I have finally passed my final FE1! Thanks to all in this forum for the support and tips. I nearly gave up before and it was people here who stopped me. Commiserations to all who didn't pass but there's always next time and if I can do it anyone can! 😊

• Registered Users Posts: 11 curlyheadedfck

Anyone else fail Company? I thought I did amazing in it and got 42..

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭Lumi77

I have passed my last one being my 3rd sitting in total for all 8.
    I want to thank this board for all the support and help to all of you.
    All I can say is possible, head up, dont give up, keep going at it no matter what, no excuses.
    I have done it with two kids single mam of two and working full time.
    I ll be staying on this and if any of you need guidance ill be happy to help.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 188 ✭✭Teamhrach

October Sitting

Tuesday 02 October Tort
    Wednesday 03 October Company Law
    Thursday 04 October Constitutional Law
    Friday 05 October Contract
    Monday 08 October Criminal Law
    Tuesday 09 October Law of Property
    Wednesday 10 October EU Law
    Thursday 11 October Equity

• Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭Gunslinger92

I passed that bitch of a tort exam!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭ArthurDayne

If 2019 you'll be fine.
    Otherwise, you'll find in your contract they can terminate the agreement as you didn't keep your end of the deal.
    If they're unsympathetic.... you're better off not working for them. It doesn't reflect well on their ethos.

Yea due to start September and this was my third sitting. I reckon it's game over. I'm drafting up an email to them now. So heartbreaking to have gone through a degree, masters, all the work experience and interview processes -- only to fail one of the glorified memory tests and have it all thrown in the dirt.

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭L124

Yea due to start September and this was my third sitting. I reckon it's game over. I'm drafting up an email to them now. So heartbreaking to have gone through a degree, masters, all the work experience and interview processes -- only to fail one of the glorified memory tests and have it all thrown in the dirt.
    Maybe because it’s just one exam you failed they may be lenient! Fingers crossed for you!

• Registered Users Posts: 45 tommyq94

Magic 3 (Criminal, Tort, and Property) passed in first sitting - with no Law degree!
    Happy enough considering they were my first exams i have taken in Law.

Just putting it out there to those considering doing it without an LLB that it can be done if you put the hours in!

Hope everyone got what they wanted!

• Registered Users Posts: 36 castle123

Anyone else fail that Equity exam thinking that they passed? It was my last one. Absolutely devastated

If 2019 you'll be fine.

Well at least recheck it. I've been on the exact same route as you, albeit 2 left to sit, and find a 2019 contract.
    You found a contract once. You'll find one again later this yr.
    Don't be in any rush in any event. Enjoy your year off if it comes to it. Life isn't all about slogging your guts out for large firms.

castle123 wrote: »
    Anyone else fail that Equity exam thinking that they passed? It was my last one. Absolutely devastated

I failed it THREE times. Passed today with 50% in my forth sitting.
    She was obviously sick of seeing my handwriting.
    The 50euro note inside the booklet may have helped too.
    (Joke)

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Louisekeegan

castle123 wrote: »

So thought I passed...only one I failed

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 42 frankiejoepat

Lumi77 wrote: »
    I have passed my last one being  my 3rd sitting in total for all 8.
    I want to thank this board for all the support and help to all of you.
    All I can say is possible, head up, dont give up, keep going at it no matter what, no excuses.
    I have done it with two kids single mam of two and working full time.
    I ll be staying on this and if any of you need guidance ill be happy to help.
    Brilliant. Well done. What a credit to your kids! I passed four... four more to come now.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement