Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FE1 Exam Thread (Read 1st post!) NOTICE: YOU MAY SWAP EXAM GRIDS

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭bigtophat13

Pyggg wrote: »
    I sent them my transcript, had a section where it said my degree was completed. Look for something like that.

Thanks guys, I appreciate the help, I imagine if I sent them one letter proving my course and another proving I'm graduating I should be fine so.

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭lawless11

Do you send your application with a normal stamp without tracking or do you send it with a signature required etc?

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

lawless11 wrote: »
    Do you send your application with a normal stamp without tracking or do you send it with a signature required etc?

It's up to you. The only time I sent it registered was when I had to send it very last minute

Thanks! Planning to send it today, so I guess i don't need to send it in registered, there's still a week left, so I should be on the safe side.

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭holliek

Any tips or likely topics to come up or not come up in company or contract?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭randomrb

Thanks! Planning to send it today, so I guess i don't need to send it in registered, there's still a week left, so I should be on the safe side.

The only thing i would say is that they are very slow at responding so if you are someone who frets about these things registered will mean that you are sure they have it and don't need to think about it again

randomrb wrote: »
    The only thing i would say is that they are very slow at responding so if you are someone who frets about these things registered will mean that you are sure they have it and don't need to think about it again

I'm doing the same but I might give them a call to make sure my proof letter is ok as I could be fretting about that.

holliek wrote: »
    Any tips or likely topics to come up or not come up in company or contract?

I'm only really getting into company now, from what I can see besides the more obvious ones they're inclined to bring up refusal to register the transfer of shares a lot and the interplay between receivership and examinership every so often and while the shares came up last time there wasn't a whole lot if anything about examinership and that.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 byrne7

Hi, does anyone know of somewhere to buy the Companies Act for cheap? I'd rather not spend €100 on it. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭Freckley201

Hi all,

Does anyone have sample answers and grids for any of Prop, EU, Crim and Equity? I have all the past papers if anyone needs them.

Thanks!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭holliek

Anyone done any one day prep courses? If so are they worth it?

Mod
    Careful, people, Vendors of such courses etc are careful of their reputations
    The L D mods are discussing a widening of the areas that may be discussed here. We trust posters will behave responsibly

• Registered Users Posts: 4,159 ✭✭✭yournerd

byrne7 wrote: »
    Hi, does anyone know of somewhere to buy the Companies Act for cheap? I'd rather not spend €100 on it. Thanks.

Have a look online, there’s a few adds.

• Registered Users Posts: 42 frankiejoepat

Just looking at constitutional for the first time this morning.

It's pretty intimidating. So much...

Any tips on what needs to be covered? How much of the course needs to be covered. I'm going to have to leave out large chunks.

Reading the Mac Cormaic book in the evenings. It's a good read.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 188 ✭✭Teamhrach

Just looking at constitutional for the first time this morning.

It's pretty intimidating. So much...

Any tips on what needs to be covered? How much of the course needs to be covered. I'm going to have to leave out large chunks.

Reading the Mac Cormaic book in the evenings. It's a good read.

Know all decisions for Gormley and White and for Barry Doyle (could appear as case note and wouldn't be too bad - look at the Law Society gazette for Barry Doyle article). Although you're looking at this, maybe leave out trial in due course of law etc - it's a very time-consuming area and more prone to change between now and the exam than other topics.
    The const'l papers are scary though - the way the questions are asked, but go through past papers/reports to figure them out as best you can and do bullet point answers (open book) so you have an idea of the steps/approach to take in the exam. It's an interesting topic but take time to grasp these concepts before worrying about time - if you understand them fairly well you'll be fine under exam conditions!

APPLICATION LOOMING
    Thinking of leaving out company or contract law...

I understand company fairly well (don't know cases/legislation of by heart yet but I do understand the concepts). Contract... The thought of it puts me to sleep! Probably just answered my own question but would love to hear other peoples' thoughts

Teamhrach wrote: »
    APPLICATION LOOMING
    Thinking of leaving out company or contract law...

I understand company fairly well (don't know cases/legislation of by heart yet but I do understand the concepts). Contract... The thought of it puts me to sleep! Probably just answered my own question but would love to hear other peoples' thoughts

How many are you planning to do (besides contract/company)?

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭Blazedup

byrne7 wrote: »

borrow it from library weeks in advance and just pay the late fee

Mod

Seems unfair on other users of that library

• Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭Tony_TwoLegs

Normal stamp. Keep the draft receipt.
    Even if you're not registered by Friday they'll allow registration up until the exams (you just need to politely ask).

• Registered Users Posts: 27 legaleagle2010

is anybody narrowing down topics yet? If so, what are your thoughts on equity and criminal. thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 42 frankiejoepat

Teamhrach wrote: »
    Know all decisions for Gormley and White and for Barry Doyle (could appear as case note and wouldn't be too bad - look at the Law Society gazette for Barry Doyle article). Although you're looking at this, maybe leave out trial in due course of law etc - it's a very time-consuming area and more prone to change between now and the exam than other topics.
    The const'l papers are scary though - the way the questions are asked, but go through past papers/reports to figure them out as best you can and do bullet point answers (open book) so you have an idea of the steps/approach to take in the exam. It's an interesting topic but take time to grasp these concepts before worrying about time - if you understand them fairly well you'll be fine under exam conditions!

Thanks Teachrach. That is helpful. The examiner's report said that we should try to know the whole course roughly but to be honest I'm pretty tempted to narrow it down big style. There are so many topics that have hardly ever come up. I was thinking of doing Trial in due course of law because it almost guarantees you a Q. Is that not worth it? For the case note Q I have the same attitude as I did for the EU case note Q, there is not much point in preparing particular Qs, just cover the course and if cases you did come up but it seems to be even less predictable than the EU one...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12 fe1exams2018

does anyone have sample answers for company or EU passed 2013/2014? I have sample answer banks for everything else that I could swap!

• Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭jus_me

Anyone else feel instantly nervous when sending their application for a first time sitting!! Any advice for studying criminal?

• Registered Users Posts: 31 Frances94

Looking for recent sample answers for EU.. I can swap other subjects :) Thank you!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 Legal23

Hi all, would anybody happen to have a copy of equity march 2018 paper? I have the examiners reports from the law society however it doesn't include the actual paper and in some parts doesn't confirm exactly what was asked.

I'd really appreciate if someone could help me out??

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 31 Frances94

jus_me wrote: »
    Anyone else feel instantly nervous when sending their application for a first time sitting!! Any advice for studying criminal?

I've done this exam. My best advice is do not leave out too many topics. As you get familiar with exam questions, you will see that a lot of minor topics come up. Problem questions can have a lot of topics thrown in so a broad understanding of most topics is needed.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 LegallyBlonde2

Is contract, tort, company and EU doable with 6 weeks full time study or should I leave EU off until next March?

• Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭randomrb

Is contract, tort, company and EU doable with 6 weeks full time study or should I leave EU off until next March?

you have 3 big topics there it wouldn't be easy but not impossible, I take it you have the other 4 done?

Start studying for the three and if you feel its going well do the fourth, bearing in mind you have 2 sittings before the next blackhall start date

• Registered Users Posts: 27 FE1 Lady

Hi all, The Supreme Court Book, would anybody please confirm the Author? Is it Ruadhán Mac Cormaic?

I would just like to order it today. Thanks :)

FE1 Lady wrote: »
    Hi all, The Supreme Court Book, would anybody please confirm the Author? Is it Ruadhán Mac Cormaic?

I would just like to order it today. Thanks :)

Yes!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭Pyggg

Hi everyone.

I emailed the office of public works last thursday enquiring about prices for the various legislations. I emailed info@opw.ie. I haven't heard anything since, just wondering if this is how they usually operate or should I email again?

Thanks

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement