Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FE1 Exam Thread (Read 1st post!) NOTICE: YOU MAY SWAP EXAM GRIDS

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭TemptationWaits

holliek wrote: »
    For contract is promissory and proprietary estoppel of equal importance? Or should I just focus on one?

Promissory is more important. Proprietary you can skim.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 BeepBoopBot

Any chance of a company and EU grid friends? I have company grid, tort grid and gratitude to give x

• Registered Users Posts: 45 tommyq94

Im just wondering if anyone knows how these exams are marked exactly? I passed my first three (Criminal, Tort, and Property) last March but for some of the papers I answered 7/8 questions - some more extensively than others.
    Im wondering if I passed on the basis of all questions answered or do they only mark your best 5 answered?
    Any help greatly appreciated!

• Registered Users Posts: 42 frankiejoepat

Contract, Q5, October '16

In respect of pre-contractual verbal statements, how do the courts decide what is and what is not a term of the contract?

Is this a question on misrep or terms of contract or both?

Thanks! Panic has set in yesterday and today.

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭holliek

Contract, Q5, October '16

In respect of pre-contractual verbal statements, how do the courts decide what is and what is not a term of the contract?

Is this a question on misrep or terms of contract or both?

Thanks! Panic has set in yesterday and today.

As soon as I saw oral statements I thought part performance but I feel I’m way off 🙈 oh god

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 42 frankiejoepat

Anyone with an up to date contract grid? I would be immensely grateful - I think my one is totally bananas.

Anyone have a copy of the 2014 companies act? Need one for October TIA

• Registered Users Posts: 300 ✭✭Leraf

Anyone have a copy of the 2014 companies act? Need one for October TIA

You will pay 100euro for the Companies Act, its not as cheap as the other legislation you are allowed bring in, for other subjects.

Leraf wrote: »
    You will pay 100euro for the Companies Act, its not as cheap as the other legislation you are allowed bring in, for other subjects.

Yeah well I’m definitely hoping to get it for less than 100

• Registered Users Posts: 12 fe1exams2018

does anyone know if you're allowed highlight your companies act etc? I know you're allowed tab it but is just highlighting (obviously no notes) allowed?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 188 ✭✭Teamhrach

Yeah well I’m definitely hoping to get it for less than 100

I’m selling the CA for less and have PM’ed you the link!

Teamhrach wrote: »
    I’m selling the CA for less and have PM’ed you the link!

Thank you will have a look now

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭L124

does anyone know if you're allowed highlight your companies act etc? I know you're allowed tab it but is just highlighting (obviously no notes) allowed?

When you say tabbed do you mean can put a sticky note saying what it is or just a blank one?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,891 ✭✭✭iamanengine

Could anyone tell me what came up in the March 2018 sitting for Tort?

L124 wrote: »
    When you say tabbed do you mean can put a sticky note saying what it is or just a blank one?

You can highlight, tab and underline. Absolutely no notes or markings on the tabs.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 hopefullawyer

Hi, new to Boards, so not sure how this works exactly! With papers can you check to see who the external examiner will be, just going through the past papers and Im noting that an external examiner puts up the same question each year she was on it for mareva injunctions... just trying to decide what topics I should learn! Could anyone please point me in the right direction?

Or does anyone have any tips in what might come up for Equity? thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 45 tommyq94

It may be a stupid question/idea, but I was just thinking, that since we are allowed to underline/highlight in the Companies Act 2014, is there any reason why we cant underline/highlight single letters on the pages to spell out a word or case name?!

I realise that this may count as writing notes on the statute but i'm curious to know if anyone has done this before!

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

tommyq94 wrote: »
    It may be a stupid question/idea, but I was just thinking, that since we are allowed to underline/highlight in the Companies Act 2014, is there any reason why we cant underline/highlight single letters on the pages to spell out a word or case name?!

I realise that this may count as writing notes on the statute but i'm curious to know if anyone has done this before!

Apparently people have been caught for this before. I wouldn’t recommend risking it!

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭Pyggg

Has anyone done the One day Griffith courses ? Are they any good ?

Mod
    Such queries had been disallowed here for various reasons. Allowing this query now, but please do not get Boards.ie into bother in the course of the conversation

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭TCPIP

Has anyone looked at Constitutional Q7-Autumn 2017. It's an obvious access to the Courts question but I answered it in half a page and am convinced I've missed half the question as a result. Cases applicable are State (Quinn) v Ryan, MacCauley v Minister for Posts and Telegraphs, Blehein v Minister for Health and & Children, and Bula Ltd. v Tara Mines Ltd..

Panic is hardcore setting in rn.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭sapphire309

Is there anyone who is still writing notes, and is nowhere near starting to learn it all yet? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭lawless11

Is there anyone who is still writing notes, and is nowhere near starting to learn it all yet? :confused:

Yes but not proud aha. I'm late because I worked full-time this week & the same for the next. So two weeks off before. Will be hard!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,159 ✭✭✭yournerd

lawless11 wrote: »
    Yes but not proud aha. I'm late because I worked full-time this week & the same for the next. So two weeks off before. Will be hard!

Me too I am working full time and am doing late nights in work now so I feel I am so so behind :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,891 ✭✭✭iamanengine

I had always planned on writing notes until Monday then going hard at the learning off.

Maybe I'm naive but I think that's loads of time. Bear in mind I'm off work for the month and gunna be putting in 10+ hour days of study!

Doing 4 exams.

I am still writing notes, I am always the same. I wont start learning until (hopefully) two weeks before although at this rate it may well be the week before. Its the joy of working full time with no time off before the exams unfortunately, you just gotta try your best and hope for a bit of luck on the day

• Registered Users Posts: 4,159 ✭✭✭yournerd

Does anyone have the topcis that came up in contract 2018 march paper?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 188 ✭✭Teamhrach

EU - Free Movement of Goods
    Could anyone tell me when its okay to restrict under article 34?

**EDIT**
    Think I found it??
    - A36
    - Case by case
    - That is not the way the good is made, its the way its sold

• Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭Tony_TwoLegs

Does anyone know the jist of the Tort exam back in March?? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Bazza95

I would appreciate if someone could please send me an exam grid for criminal, I have ones for company and contract.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭user115

Bazza95 wrote: »
    I would appreciate if someone could please send me an exam grid for criminal, I have ones for company and contract.

Hey Bazza how recent is your contract grid? If its includes March 2018 sitting I could swap you my criminal one that includes March 2018.... also if anyone else has a contract grid including March 2018 that would be great!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement