Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FE1 Exam Thread (Read 1st post!) NOTICE: YOU MAY SWAP EXAM GRIDS

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭lawless11

Teamhrach wrote: »
    Equity students

I've reached a new low in the FE1 study - "YouTube-ing" definitions! But this channel is very helpful in explaining cases etc :)
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCuiL_L-CZ1h46CKi-CANc1g/videos

Checked it out, was apparently already subbed :D...

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭holliek

lawless11 wrote: »
    Checked it out, was apparently already subbed :D...

Subbed? What’s this?

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭user115

Anybody have up to date contract grid in exchange for up to date criminal grid?

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭lawless11

holliek wrote: »
    Subbed? What’s this?

*subscribed to the channel, sorry

• Closed Accounts Posts: 188 ✭✭Teamhrach

lawless11 wrote: »
    *subscribed to the channel, sorry

So I'm not the only loser!! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,891 ✭✭✭iamanengine

So for Tort I'm covering:

DOC/SOC
    Causation/Remoteness
    Occupiers Liability
    Products Liability
    Defamation
    Trespass to Person
    Nuisance/Rylands
    Passing Off

What else should I be covering? I know that's probably not enough but I'd almost take my chances at this stage...

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭5mcdonag

Is anyone able to send me an exam grid for contract, property and equity? I signed up for the Griffith course last year so have the manuals and papers but they don't have any exam grids in them? I'd really appreciate it

• Registered Users Posts: 22 olliej

Anyone have an up-to-date grid for EU?

Could the chapter Formal and Evidentary Requirements be left out in contract?

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭L124

Anyone hear from law soc about the exam numbers etc? Is it usually this late??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭user115

Response to L124, I called them today, they said they would be out next week and they confirmed that they got my application

Can anyone tell me what came up in 2018 March for Contract?

• Registered Users Posts: 34 LegallyBlonde2

if you sign up for an exam and you do not sit it, does it appear as a fail or NG? and, if you sit it in the next sitting, would you have to record it in trainee applications etc as having passed on your second sitting?

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭L124

user115 wrote: »
    Response to L124, I called them today, they said they would be out next week and they confirmed that they got my application

Thank you! Procrastinating by worrying.

if you sign up for an exam and you do not sit it, does it appear as a fail or NG? and, if you sit it in the next sitting, would you have to record it in trainee applications etc as having passed on your second sitting?

I had to defer before and think it appeared as "Absent" ..I'd only count what I'd shown up for?
    If you have proof of extenuating circumstances forward it to them and you'll get most of your money back after the exams. They kept about a €20 admin charge per exam.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Heart Shaped Box

Anyone willing to share which topics they're focusing on for constitutional??

Are there any topics (other than constitutional interpretation) which are safe to cut out?? Or would I be totally misguided leaving anything out (1st time fe1 sitter)

• Registered Users Posts: 37 Gomzu

Anyone willing to share which topics they're focusing on for constitutional??

Are there any topics (other than constitutional interpretation) which are safe to cut out?? Or would I be totally misguided leaving anything out (1st time fe1 sitter)

I’ve been told that liberty is fairly safe to leave out. Also that president is safe to leave out but to focus on referendum and AG.

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭kasey0123

Hey everyone! Hope you’re all not too stressed approaching exams... (even though I am lol). I’m thinking it’s time to put a few reasonable predictions for papers... I need to start cutting and refining chapters I’m studying. Anyone have any thoughts on essay type qs for either contract,equity criminal?? I can share info re property as the new examiner was my undergraduate lecturer, he lives for mortgages and only recently wrote a book on JM so expect a probelm q or reform essay on mortgages. Succession and AP are certs as usual. Easements will definitely show and probably the acquisition Nd extinguishment of them.. I’m aware extinguishment doesn’t have much emphasis in the manual so have a look at a book/google. Family property, freehold estates & co-ownership also pretty likely.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,159 ✭✭✭yournerd

So for Tort I'm covering:

DOC/SOC
    Causation/Remoteness
    Occupiers Liability
    Products Liability
    Defamation
    Trespass to Person
    Nuisance/Rylands
    Passing Off

What else should I be covering? I know that's probably not enough but I'd almost take my chances at this stage...

Employers liability?

Could the chapter Formal and Evidentary Requirements be left out in contract?

I’d briefly go through it!

• Advertisement

Can anyone tell me what came up in 2018 March for Contract?

I can send you contact paper!

• Registered Users Posts: 14 PuffleHuffLyra

I have a quick question on constitutional that's been bothering me, could anyone give a hand?

How do you know whether to apply the non-delegation doctrine or ultra vires? Do you just mention the presumption of constitutionality and the double construction rule, and say it could go either way for every question, but acknowledge the preference for a constitutional reading (which would result in ultra vires)?

From the case law I always find it difficult to see the reasoning behind how some cases were read as UV whilst others applied the non-delegation doctrine. I'm not confident I'd know which route to go in an exam, especially with a strict time limit. I have plenty to say about both, but am never sure which to apply...

• Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭jus_me

What could I leave out of EU AND EQUITY?

Thank you in advance... in a panic trying to cover everything
    :)

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭lawlad101

jus_me wrote: »
    What could I leave out of EU AND EQUITY?

Thank you in advance... in a panic trying to cover everything
    :)

Would really like to know this too... I was told equity would be one of the easier ones but there seems to be so much in it.

yournerd wrote: »
    I can send you contact paper!

That'd be great thank you!

kasey0123 wrote: »
    Hey everyone! Hope you’re all not too stressed approaching exams... (even though I am lol). I’m thinking it’s time to put a few reasonable predictions for papers... I need to start cutting and refining chapters I’m studying. Anyone have any thoughts on essay type qs for either contract,equity criminal?? I can share info re property as the new examiner was my undergraduate lecturer, he lives for mortgages and only recently wrote a book on JM so expect a probelm q or reform essay on mortgages. Succession and AP are certs as usual. Easements will definitely show and probably the acquisition Nd extinguishment of them.. I’m aware extinguishment doesn’t have much emphasis in the manual so have a look at a book/google. Family property, freehold estates & co-ownership also pretty likely.

Yes anyone got any hints for equity, contract or company?

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Ethan90

Does anyone know what were the essay topics for March 18 sitting in Contract?

I can't grasp constructive trusts at all!! Can anyone try help me out with on overview of the chapter? Please!

I can't grasp constructive trusts at all!! Can anyone try help me out with on overview of the chapter? Please!

It can be asked in 3 ways
    - The new model constructive trust EQ
    - Liability of strangers EQ
    - Fiduciary relationship (likely a PQ or could be a write all you know EQ)

I just started it last night but I don't think you need to read all the chapter, just focus on those areas I think??

• Advertisement

Teamhrach wrote: »
    It can be asked in 3 ways
    - The new model constructive trust EQ
    - Liability of strangers EQ
    - Fiduciary relationship (likely a PQ or could be a write all you know EQ)

I just started it last night but I don't think you need to read all the chapter, just focus on those areas I think??

Ok thank you! Within fiduciary relationships do I look at special bribes, company directors and all that? or is that another section?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement