Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FE1 Exam Thread (Read 1st post!) NOTICE: YOU MAY SWAP EXAM GRIDS

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36 sheamyboy

Hi,

I'm sitting tort, contract, and constitutional and I'm just wondering has anyone any advice on what areas I should definitely be covering?? Are there any topics that aren't really worth studying for?

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭lawless11

Just to let you know that I've updated my Contract grid guys (so I stopped begging for it by PM lol), if anyone needs it send me a PM & your email, I'll send it to you with pleasure.

Btw if you'd had any recent (post-2015) Company or Contract sample answers, I'd love to have a look.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 188 ✭✭Teamhrach

Aoife2012 wrote: »
    Hi, do you mind me asking why the suggestion not to study trial in due course? Thanks

Purely timing - it doesn't tend to overlap with other topics? Someone said here that it's due to appear so if you've started it well and good obviously but I just think you can pick up higher marks on the topics that overlap more where you only need a sentence or two on a case rather than trial in due course requiring an in-depth, almost case note knowledge for some of the cases.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Aoife2012

Thanks for responding. Trial in due course and Family are two I haven't really looked and not sure if it is worth the risk of leaving them out. I know there was a family question in March....

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭holliek

Does anyone have the company 2018 March paper or an up to date company grid?

• Advertisement

Does anyone have any of the law school summary guides for equity, company or contract?

• Registered Users Posts: 42 Fuguestate

In Discharge, is there much point in studying anything other then frustration and breach? Are the the other types of discharge ever examined?

Similarly with Remedies, is it always damages?

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭Supermax1988

holliek wrote: »
    Does anyone have any of the law school summary guides for equity, company or contract?

And Tort. If anyone even had the Prioritising/Predictions pages I would really appreciate it!

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭lawlad101

Anyone have any sample answers for Property or Equity? I have EU sample answers I can send!

• Registered Users Posts: 300 ✭✭Leraf

Can I get these also, if possible.

Thanks.

• Advertisement

has anyone been to lawschool.ie who is doing company law in this sitting?

• Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭jus_me

lawlad101 wrote: »
    Anyone have any sample answers for Property or Equity? I have EU sample answers I can send!

I would be so grateful if you could send a general principles answer ? I’m so stuck on it- I’ve property sample answers

• Registered Users Posts: 21 GingerAleSnail

Still haven't received acknowledgment or exam number from Law Soc, called and got voicemail yesterday, sent an email and got no response. Anyone else still waiting?

Still haven't received acknowledgment or exam number from Law Soc, called and got voicemail yesterday, sent an email and got no response. Anyone else still waiting?

It will come

I’m still waiting too

Thoughts on share transfer in company? Is it important to cover?

has anyone been to lawschool.ie who is doing company law in this sitting?

Me

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Heart Shaped Box

I'm in the same boat - no acknowledgement even of payment, and they didn't respond to any emails. Rang them yesterday and they assured me I'm registered and that they'll be sending out letters today (I'll believe it when I see it)

I got an email just now saying I'm registered and all the info etc

Got my letter with candidate number :(:(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭lawless11

Didn't receive anything yet apart from the payment confirmation long time ago. But I think the postman didn't even come today with the wind and all. Maybe tomorrow. Eh.

Anyone would have a sample answer to a SAP type question in Company?

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭OMGWACA

CONSTITUTIONAL

Does anyone have a sample answer in relation to the Attorney General please?

It came up in;

March 2017 Question 8
    March 2016 Question 8
    March 2014 Question 7

Please and thanks! I've boat loads of stuff and other sample answers I can swap! I have a feeling it'll come up and I know it's kinda thin material on it so wanted to see sample answers!

• Registered Users Posts: 33 mariealice

I have the sample answer for March 2016 question 8 if thats any good?

• Registered Users Posts: 37 Gomzu

‪When the constitution is amended how long does it take for the updated constitution to be released in shops?‬ Presumably not in time for the exam?

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭bigtophat13

People doing equity, what are we focusing on? I want to get a grip on my final best topics before putting it aside and focusing on contract and company.

I have unfortunately too much in too much detail that I can't remember, seems I was just making notes for the sake of it. Thinking these for the main topics going in, in order of level learned:

-Trustee Duties
    -Charitable Trusts with a strong cy pres emphasis
    -Undue Influence
    -Express Trusts - Certainties
    -Tracing - as far back as Spring 16 its been every second year with DMC
    -Resulting Trusts - Focus on Joint accounts and PoAdvancement
    -Specific Performance defences - the question awhile ago on contracts for personal services has very little law and i've never done it.
    -Quia Timet Injunction - Not up since August 16
    - New Model Constructive Trust - How would you guys approach this? Too little with just the new model?
    - Interlocutory Injunctions
    - Anton Pilar and Mareva

I have estoppel too but it came up last year and wondering if any emphasis should be put into secret trusts? Any thoughts appreciated!

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭lawlad101

People doing equity, what are we focusing on? I want to get a grip on my final best topics before putting it aside and focusing on contract and company.

I have unfortunately too much in too much detail that I can't remember, seems I was just making notes for the sake of it. Thinking these for the main topics going in, in order of level learned:

-Trustee Duties
    -Charitable Trusts with a strong cy pres emphasis
    -Undue Influence
    -Express Trusts - Certainties
    -Tracing - as far back as Spring 16 its been every second year with DMC
    -Resulting Trusts - Focus on Joint accounts and PoAdvancement
    -Specific Performance defences - the question awhile ago on contracts for personal services has very little law and i've never done it.
    -Quia Timet Injunction - Not up since August 16
    - New Model Constructive Trust - How would you guys approach this? Too little with just the new model?
    - Interlocutory Injunctions
    - Anton Pilar and Mareva

I have estoppel too but it came up last year and wondering if any emphasis should be put into secret trusts? Any thoughts appreciated!

Everyone seems to be leaving out secret trusts (myself included) and it's made me paranoid and feel like I should learn it at least a bit. I'll see how I'm doing for time I suppose ... Maybe do Strong v Bird in case it comes up with presumption of advancement in the note question?

Everyone seems to be leaving out secret trusts (myself included) and it's made me paranoid and feel like I should learn it at least a bit. I'll see how I'm doing for time I suppose ... Maybe do Strong v Bird in case it comes up with presumption of advancement in the note question?

Does anyone have notes/ sample answer on Strong v Bird?

• Registered Users Posts: 10 gfettig

And Tort. If anyone even had the Prioritising/Predictions pages I would really appreciate it!

I would also be obliged, if anyone has Tort and/or Equity.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 gfettig

Has anyone a copy of the Oct 2017 Tort paper?
    I have plenty of stuff to swap in return.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭bigtophat13

I think I'm going to have a refresh of it in the days coming up to it because in Autumn 17 it came up in a mixed question with the joint bank account and it would be a shame to get caught in that sense. Strong v Bird could be a good shout for a just in case scenario but I really want to avoid that note question.

For presumed trusts is anyone going near family home? Did it in college and have good notes on it but it just seems that presumed resulting trusts only come up in the context of the bank accounts?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement