Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FE1 Exam Thread (Read 1st post!) NOTICE: YOU MAY SWAP EXAM GRIDS

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭laurenburne

Cheers, yea I'm trying to be as economic as I can with a reasonable level of risk! Then again, the man on the Clapham omnibus might have started studying for these around Christmas if he wanted to be sure of passing !

Haha this gave me a good lol. What a weird phrase. What are you covering?

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭makemecrazy

Can anyone provide a short reason of the impact Denis O'Brien and Angela Keirns have had to Dail Privilege in Constitutional law please?:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭Lumi77

From past papers seems like they ask right to earn a livelihood in problem questions and privacy as an essay question a few times - that's just my overall impression of what stood out while skimming through papers, I'm also focusing on access to court/litigate and procedural (haughey) rights

Thank you.
    Are you going in much detail with privacy and journalistic intrusion?

• Registered Users Posts: 43 graduate555

Lumi77 wrote: »
    Thank you.
    Are you going in much detail with privacy and journalistic intrusion?

I cover journalistic privacy under freedom of expression, but to be honest I have only 2 cases as that's all my manual mentioned and at this stage I don't have time or room in my brain for more! For privacy as an unenumerated right I talk about surveillance mostly and balancing with expression, but just enough for maybe a page

Can anyone provide a short reason of the impact Denis O'Brien and Angela Keirns have had to Dail Privilege in Constitutional law please?:confused:

Someone wrote it yesterday.

• Advertisement

Sexual Assault
    Non Fatal Offences
    Homicide
    Offences v Property
    Defences

Know a case or for each of the different aspects of the above.

Minor v Non Minor offences
    Mens Rea
    Actus Reus

Know enough to write an essay on each of the aspects of the above.

Had a look and you should do complicity inchoate offences trial in due course of law and bail arrest access to solicitor
    Hope that helps

• Registered Users Posts: 7 MurphyL

Lumi77 wrote: »
    Someone wrote it yesterday.

What topic is this under?

MurphyL wrote: »
    What topic is this under?

Kerins v PAC you can find the case on baillii but it's basically about separation of powers and art 15.2
    I'll send you later all I have I waslimited get for it yesterday myself

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭the great communicator

Does anyone know what the main 2015 cases would be for constitutional? I'm sure I have them covered but I haven't made a point in noting the years of anything that isn't 2016 and I'd like to hone in on them.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 kevin125

Hi all, what would be the main cases to focos in on, for the case note question in Constitution?? . Thanks :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭Lindyloo 1

kevin125 wrote: »
    Hi all, what would be the main cases to focos in on, for the case note question in Constitution?? . Thanks :)

About 2 weeks ago someone posted cases specifically mentioned in Dr Eoin O Carolan's UCD talk.

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭Lindyloo 1

I did constitutional during last sitting but remember prep course lecturer mentioning a few cases of note that didn't come up in Oct - Bederev (non delegation doctrine), Judge Barry White case (livelihood), and Thomas Reid (property). Can't remember the rest.

• Registered Users Posts: 298 ✭✭FreeFallin94

Would anyone be able to send me on October's contract law exam paper? Would highly appreciate it!

Bederev is a banker.

If it's not on the paper in some form I'll fly to Turkey on Monday morning, cross the southern border under cover of night and pledge my undying allegiance to the caliphate. And that's a promise.

• Registered Users Posts: 38 HenryHodgson

Does anyone have an up to date exam grid for criminal??

I can offer sample answers and other grids in turn

Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭BASHBAG

Hey guys,

Can anyone enlighten me as to the current law regarding acceptance and electronic communications?

Does Email follow the rules laid down in Entores/Brinkibon/Mondial Shipping or is it something completely different?

Cheers!

BASHBAG wrote: »
    Hey guys,

Can anyone enlighten me as to the current law regarding acceptance and electronic communications?

Does Email follow the rules laid down in Entores/Brinkibon/Mondial Shipping or is it something completely different?

Cheers!

http://www.allenovery.com/publications/en-gb/Pages/Email-acceptance-of-offer--when-is-it-effective-.aspx

I use that as a recent case summarising the area

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭BASHBAG

Thanks a million. That case would surely be worth a few brownie points, should it pop up in the exam.

Cheers!

• Registered Users Posts: 25 angelicapickle

For the Constituional case notes question, can you strictly only write about the specified case? For instance if asked about Bederev could we discuss unconstitutional delegation of legislative power in a broader sense and bring in Cityview Press, Harvey v Minister for Social Welfare and Cooke v Walsh for example?

For the Constituional case notes question, can you strictly only write about the specified case? For instance if asked about Bederev could we discuss unconstitutional delegation of legislative power in a broader sense and bring in Cityview Press, Harvey v Minister for Social Welfare and Cooke v Walsh for example?

I would but keep an eye on your time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭Yohnathan

Can anyone please provide a contract law grid containing the previous paper please? Desperately looking for this! Can try provide stuff in return

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭Dylan123

Does anyone have an up to date examination grid for Constitutional law please?

I can offer other grids in return.

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭Yohnathan

Dylan123 wrote: »
    Does anyone have an up to date examination grid for Constitutional law please?

I can offer other grids in return.

Thanks.

I think I have it, let me look. PM your email address. Do you have the up to date contract one please?

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭shellbm

Can anyone clear this up for me - sorry if it's obvious..

If a person is found to be an accessory after the fact under s 7 (2) of the CLA 1997, are they liable to be found guilty of the offence that the perpetrator has committed?

So if X helps Y after Y has murdered a person, would X be guilty of the same crime??

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭Yoop

shellbm wrote: »
    Can anyone clear this up for me - sorry if it's obvious..

If a person is found to be an accessory after the fact under s 7 (2) of the CLA 1997, are they liable to be found guilty of the offence that the perpetrator has committed?

So if X helps Y after Y has murdered a person, would X be guilty of the same crime??

It's a while since I did Criminal but I'm almost certain you're just guilty of 'an offence' rather than the same offence as the principal offender. Your penalty is assessed having regard to the seriousness/culpability of your actions with regard also to the maximum sentence it is possible to give to the main offender.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Flaredmizuna

The tort 2017 night before notes are up! They seem to include most of the topics so not much help as a guide for what might come up. Good Luck everybody!!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,769 ✭✭✭ArthurDayne

The tort 2017 night before notes are up! They seem to include most of the topics so not much help as a guide for what might come up. Good Luck everybody!!:)

How does one go about getting those?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,769 ✭✭✭ArthurDayne

How does one go about getting those?

Never mind, got 'em
    google first, ask later it seems

Could someone very kind please summarise what Hanrahan v Merck Sharpe and Dohme adds/changes/or says about res ipsa loquiter.

I must have read it ten times now and I haven't a clue, I just need a line it's my absolute emergency topic.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43 graduate555

Would someone mind clearing up whether you would apply scope or close connection test in a vicarious liability situation? My notes just say the court applies them interchangeably, and that scope applies for intentional wrongs - but the cases seem to show the opposite..

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement