Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FE1 Exam Thread (Read 1st post!) NOTICE: YOU MAY SWAP EXAM GRIDS

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 294 ✭✭Vegetarian2017

Property
    Should we read the full law reform on adverse possession or would simply a paragraph or two on it suffice

• Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭Gunslinger92

yournerd wrote: »
    Anyone whose passed contract

What was/is your strategy?

Make sure you answer 5. Contract was my first ever fe1 and I blanked. Was reading questions thinking "I know this, I know I know what to write but it just won't come into my head"
    Answered them anyway (well, 4.5 questions) and still passed! The legislation saved me as I was able to do a consumer protection question. Just make sure you stay put for the full 3 hours, stuff comes back to you

• Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭Gunslinger92

Property
    Should we read the full law reform on adverse possession or would simply a paragraph or two on it suffice

I'm sure the report would go through the general law on AP which could be useful but absolutely is not necessary to read it all, mentioning it in passing would be plenty I reckon

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Bashbag89

The nerves are well and truly kicking in but trying to remain calm then everytime i come on here there are new cases being mentioned on topics i think i know;(

There is always going to be cases that you don't know sure there are thousands for most topics. Just make sure you have the basic theory and the main cases learned that hit as many areas of that particular topic as possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,159 ✭✭✭yournerd

just send me ur email address by PM if you need anything

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭lawlad101

Property

It will definitely help, but I doubt it's fully necessary.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 azMark09

Hi

Does anyone have the grids for anything except Tort, EU and Constitutional they can send me.

I'm buying popular notes online I can share in return.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 6,769 ✭✭✭nuac

Mod
    CrazyDogLady 21 and azMark09

Congrats on your enterprise
    Meanwhile please confirm that there are no copyright or similar issues with the material concerned
    Is copyright reserved on any of these items?

• Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭Tony_TwoLegs

nuac wrote: »
    Mod
    CrazyDogLady 21 and azMark09

Congrats on your enterprise
    Meanwhile please confirm that there are no copyright or similar issues with the material concerned
    Is copyright reserved on any of these items?

Mod, copyright is an immediate right. You don't need to reserve it, nor declare it. It vests with the author automatically.
    (See.... my Masters wasn't wasted entirely)

• Registered Users Posts: 24 Pollylou75

Does anyone have the examiners report on contract from March 18, I have the examiners report on the property paper from March 18 if anyone wants a copy

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭bigtophat13

holliek wrote: »
    I'm doing company and have left out fraudulent and reckless trading as it never really appears.. Is it tipped to come up this year?
    I'd have to agree, wouldn't be at all surprised if R&D and transfer didn't come up. I reckon Receivership, Authority, Liquidation, potentially with Reckless and Fraudulent Trading coming up.

With regards the reform Q, I'd imagine we'll see it in some form, if not the trusty '5 examples', then one of the variations on the October 17 paper (SAP Q and Q on differences between DACS and other Companies limited by shares).

I'd be thinking the same with regards to ROT very much being due a run.

Here's hoping I'm in some way right anyway!
    It's got to come up sometime

The Idea of Reckless and Fraudulent and ROT being on their own terrifies me.

I think he'll have to have one on:

-Directors Duties
    -SLP
    -Shareholder rights

then after that:
    -I don't think that liquidation wasn't up last exam and it nearly always is
    -Receivership and Examinership were not up
    -Authority and UV weren't up in a long time.

If I'm going in with those 6 and enough on floating charges and the 2 step registration that I could have a go at the 5 changes question I'd surely be ok? Right? :/

• Registered Users Posts: 37 jazzypatty89

I have updated my tort grid (no longer has dots), PM me your email if you need one!

• Registered Users Posts: 42 Fuguestate

For Product Liability, are people just covering the act? Have negligence and breach of contract ever arose?

• Registered Users Posts: 294 ✭✭Vegetarian2017

How much time do you guys put by for learning. So like you understand the concepts well have an idea as in having dis the notes. would three full days be enough to learn off the subject i.e contract n criminal. It feels like your starting from scratch yet so little time.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Frances456

Fuguestate wrote: »
    For Product Liability, are people just covering the act? Have negligence and breach of contract ever arose?

You usually have to discuss negligence and the act unless the question states otherwise :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,891 ✭✭✭iamanengine

How much time do you guys put by for learning. So like you understand the concepts well have an idea as in having dis the notes. would three full days be enough to learn off the subject i.e contract n criminal. It feels like your starting from scratch yet so little time.

That's pretty much what I'm doing, have all my notes done and understand everything well, but only starting to cram for Tort now i.e. shoving cases into my brain.

Does anyone know if UCC/Aviva appealed the Court of Appeal decision against ESB? Only thing I can find is that they were considering it.

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭TCPIP

No, they didn't. Dopes...

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭Pyggg

Is there a time limit of when you have to drop your legislation in the day before ?

Does anyone have sample answers for Tort from 2016 on? I have only up to 2015. I have loads of stuff for other subjects if any kind soul would be willing to share/swap.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13 Bashbag89

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭bigtophat13

With regards to the legislation, I don't know how strict they are. Does anyone know if markings on the front indicating its from a college library will be any issue or is it fine as long as there's no writing on the actual book pages?

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭Ngannou54

Any insight into the likelihood of unenumerated rights coming up as an essay question for Constitutional?

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭TCPIP

I'd say there'll be one or two of them mentioned anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 42 Fuguestate

What's the pass/fail rate for tort?

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭nailforhammer

Does anyone know if UCC/Aviva appealed the Court of Appeal decision against ESB? Only thing I can find is that they were considering it.

I hadn't heard of this case till now and I don't know if I'll have time to read the whole judgment before the exam. Can anyone give a brief summary of why it's important?

From a quick skim through it, it seems to be about the law of negligence and nuisance? But it doesn't seem like a nuisance case at all. On first thought it looks more like a Rylands v Fletcher case but ESB didn't cause the water damage so it's not R v F as it would be an omission rather than an action?

I'm a bit confused, would be great if someone could help me out?

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Becks63976

Tort:
    Negligence
    Pure economic loss
    Nuisance
    Ryland v Fletcher
    Trespass to person/land
    Liability for defective products
    Occupiers liability
    Passing off
    Damages

These are the subjects I'm covering but do people think this is sufficient enough.
    Any guidance would be appreciated.

I hadn't heard of this case till now and I don't know if I'll have time to read the whole judgment before the exam. Can anyone give a brief summary of why it's important?

From a quick skim through it, it seems to be about the law of negligence and nuisance? But it doesn't seem like a nuisance case at all. On first thought it looks more like a Rylands v Fletcher case but ESB didn't cause the water damage so it's not R v F as it would be an omission rather than an action?

I'm a bit confused, would be great if someone could help me out?

It's Nuisance and falls under Material Damage - Active Conduct. Originally the HC found ESB 60% liability but this was overturned by the CoA. I'm a little bit confused by it myself but from what I can tell they didn't release 'stored' water, they merely released the overflow. No hazard could be identified for the purpose of being removed or correct as it was held they weren't negligent in the amount of water they had stored there.

It's Nuisance and falls under Material Damage - Active Conduct. Originally the HC found ESB 60% liability but this was overturned by the CoA. I'm a little bit confused by it myself but from what I can tell they didn't release 'stored' water, they merely released the overflow. No hazard could be identified for the purpose of being removed or correct as it was held they weren't negligent in the amount of water they had stored there.

Would it not be an argument of omission rather than active conduct?

University College Cork - National University of Ireland -v- Electricity Supply Board [2018] IECA 82:
    "The damage arose from a natural event. ESB did not cause the flooding of UCC’s buildings; ESB did not release stored water from its reservoirs. The outflow was at all material times less than the quantity of water coming downriver into the Lee Scheme."

It looks like UCC wanted ESB to either have built a bigger reservoir capable of storing more water or to have released water to make space before the storm happened and argued that failure to do so was an omission. But the court held that ESB had no duty to take in water and prevent flooding.

• Advertisement

Becks63976 wrote: »
    Tort:
    Negligence
    Pure economic loss
    Nuisance
    Ryland v Fletcher
    Trespass to person/land
    Liability for defective products
    Occupiers liability
    Passing off
    Damages

These are the subjects I'm covering but do people think this is sufficient enough.
    Any guidance would be appreciated.

Would you not do defamation or vicarious liability? I'm not doing pure economic loss but I'm doing those two topics instead. Vicarious liability is really simple.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement