Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FE1 Exam Thread (Read 1st post!) NOTICE: YOU MAY SWAP EXAM GRIDS

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭jewels652

On the bus to Dublin for tomorrow’s exam.
    Is starting to feel real :)
    My nerves

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭Townton

jewels652 wrote: »
    On the bus to Dublin for tomorrow’s exam.
    Is starting to feel real :)
    My nerves

I might be alone in this but been knocking these off at a slowish rate, not in a rush 3 2 3 sorts of a job. The most annoying thing I found about FE1s is the lack of nerves, I fond there is no fear complex because at the back of my head I think I can sit them again in a couple of months I know too much stress ect is bad for preparation but a little bit of fear and nerves is always a good motivator I found at least that's how I felt when doing things like the LC and finals were repeat was simply not an option.

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭holliek

What does the aggregation entail? Jesus there's a lot of blurred lines there for me, I don't fancy ROT that much.

aggregation is that the title remains with the vendor until payment. But it also includes when they are irreversibly mixed. I'm so lost on them aswell. The more I look at them I'm thinking avoid.

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭bigtophat13

Anyone know where it says you have to publish the winding up petition for a company? I know it has to be on iris oifiguil but what section or instrument says that ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1 FunInTheFE1

I know I sound a little green here but it's my first time doing the FE1's. Just wondering if it's ok to give facts as opposed to case names and will I lose marks for it? I find myself remembering case facts but not names

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭Tony_TwoLegs

I'm reminded of the episode of the Inbetweeners where he's revising for the exam. I'm starting to doubt if certain words even exist.... they "don't look right".

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭user115

I know I sound a little green here but it's my first time doing the FE1's. Just wondering if it's ok to give facts as opposed to case names and will I lose marks for it? I find myself remembering case facts but not names

Yep I reckon so, I'm kinda same boat find it easier to remember facts plus you would actually better understand point of case with facts rather than just citing off cases and not knowing why they are relevant so id say you would be grand. Goodluck :)

holliek wrote: »
    aggregation is that the title remains with the vendor until payment. But it also includes when they are irreversibly mixed. I'm so lost on them aswell. The more I look at them I'm thinking avoid.

We are in the same boat :D

I'm reminded of the episode of the Inbetweeners where he's revising for the exam. I'm starting to doubt if certain words even exist.... they "don't look right".

I just don't want to do what Will did....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,891 ✭✭✭iamanengine

Starting to feel like maybe I just won't go to Tort...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,769 ✭✭✭nuac

On behalf of the LD mods best wishes to all who are sitting these exams.

Best days of your lives etc etc

• Registered Users Posts: 24 Pollylou75

Any tips on the constitutional case note question

Starting to feel like maybe I just won't go to Tort...

Sit the exam, worst case scenario is the same as if you don't sit it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭LawBoy2018

So is Hedley Byrne still the leading case on Economic Loss? Or has it been replaced by Glencar? Finding the application of both a bit confusing?

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Bashbag89

LawBoy2018 wrote: »
    So is Hedley Byrne still the leading case on Economic Loss? Or has it been replaced by Glencar? Finding the application of both a bit confusing?

Hadley Byrne principles reaffirmed recently in Walsh v Jones Lang and Laselle. Also mentioned in Whelan v AIB 2014. So I'd be HBvH is the leading authority and then mentioning that it has been wholly approved in Ireland in those three cases.

Any tips for the constitutional case note question. Starting to panic now

Kind of an odd question but with regard to Occupiers liabilty, if a sign was on an Occupiers premises which had an open invitation to come onto the premises would this make an entrant a visitor?

• Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭jus_me

Good luck everyone they’ll all be over before we know it

Bashbag89 wrote: »
    Kind of an odd question but with regard to Occupiers liabilty, if a sign was on an Occupiers premises which had an open invitation to come onto the premises would this make an entrant a visitor?

Not sure exactly but would that come under S.5(1) which states an occupier may extend his duty by giving notice so yeah I would say that would make them a visitor.

Not sure exactly but would that come under S.5(1) which states an occupier may extend his duty by giving notice so yeah I would say that would make them a visitor.

That's what I was thinking. Thanks.

• Advertisement

Can anyone distinguish article 37.1 limited functions of a judicial nature in non criminal matters and art 40.3 elements of a fair hearing in non criminal matters. I'm very confused and would appreciate any help

• Registered Users Posts: 4,159 ✭✭✭yournerd

Good luck everyone, just remember that these are probably going to be the hardest exams you will ever sit! Eat lots, drink lots and sleeep and exercise. You never know what might give you that final push! Best of luck, if anyone needs any notes/answers just PM me!

• Registered Users Posts: 294 ✭✭Vegetarian2017

Criminal
    Any tips on what i should cover. Didn't really read any LRC reports seems to be referring to them in exam reports ..i can't take in reading more new info..i have yet to revise the topics starting Saturday so two full days. It isn't alot of time.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 LegallyBlonde2

Does anyone have brief notes/points on liability for accidental fires under common law?

Anything last minute anyone would add to this list for company that I could be stuck without?

-Directors duties (under 228, 231 and 239) - Didn't do duties to others or disqualification as it was up last year
    -Liquidation
    -Minority Shareholder Rights
    -SLP
    -Examinership
    -Receivership
    -Ultra Vires
    -Corporate Capacity
    -Floating charges (I can't wrap my head around charges and ROT more generally)
    -SAP

Should that be ok or could I be in trouble if he asks some odd ones?

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭lawless11

Anything last minute anyone would add to this list for company that I could be stuck without?

-Directors duties (under 228, 231 and 239) - Didn't do duties to others or disqualification as it was up last year
    -Liquidation
    -Minority Shareholder Rights
    -SLP
    -Examinership
    -Receivership
    -Ultra Vires
    -Corporate Capacity
    -Floating charges (I can't wrap my head around charges and ROT more generally)
    -SAP

Should that be ok or could I be in trouble if he asks some odd ones?

I think you have plenty (if you're a bit lucky on the charges part - more than enough I'd say. Personally I'd love fixed charges over book debts, but doesn't seem too common :pac:). I'm still trying to learn these. I under-prepared I guess because my nerves weren't coming. Until now. :(

lawless11 wrote: »
    I think you have plenty (if you're a bit lucky on the charges part - more than enough I'd say. Personally I'd love fixed charges over book debts, but doesn't seem too common :pac:). I'm still trying to learn these. I under-prepared I guess because my nerves weren't coming. Until now. :(

Thank you, it's nice to hear I should be some way ok, what have you prepped at the moment?

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭user115

Hey....so just to make sure I just need my passport and law society letter with number in exam ya? Sat these few years ago so just want to make sure not anything else I'm meant to bring

• Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭Tony_TwoLegs

user115 wrote: »
    Hey....so just to make sure I just need my passport and law society letter with number in exam ya? Sat these few years ago so just want to make sure not anything else I'm meant to bring

They never check the letter. Just ID.
    No letter. No problem IMHO. Ideally know your number though.

• Advertisement

Are there clocks in the exam hall? I don't have a watch...

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement