Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FE1 Exam Thread (Read 1st post!) NOTICE: YOU MAY SWAP EXAM GRIDS

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭TCPIP

lawdedaw wrote: »
    not feeling good about my restriction question - panicked when I realised that honestly and responsibly wasn't the only defence so I got very skeptical of the question and tried to discuss at the end why that one developed over the other too.....think I may have shot myself in the foot haha

But that was the only one he asked about?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,159 ✭✭✭yournerd

If anyone needs grids or papers or answers send me the subject and your email!

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭bigtophat13

TCPIP wrote: »
    I'm genuinely sorry for you but I'm delighted for myself. It literally might be enough to get me what I need to pass that paper assuming I didn't **** up the rest as bad as I think I did.

Absolutely understandable, did you put anything on the distribution not being out of realised profits or the fact they would have to return it if they got in knowingly at all? Or anything directors into it? :/ Or just pure SAP

• Registered Users Posts: 294 ✭✭Vegetarian2017

Contract
    Leaving out
    privity
    Formalities
    Exclusions they came up as essay and problem last sitting
    Was going to leave illegal and void but think they'll come up
    Anyone esle doing same?

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭Townton

Cities predictions for constitutional cases notes anyone?

• Advertisement

Absolutely understandable, did you put anything on the distribution not being out of realised profits or the fact they would have to return it if they got in knowingly at all? Or anything directors into it? :/ Or just pure SAP

No joke, I identified the issue as whether the payment could be made and jumped straight into the director's resolution requirement, the attachment of liability if directors were deemed to be aware of inability to discharge debts, s.248 or w/e as a way of protecting them from being fired if they declined and told them to just not do the transfer. That was all written on one page because I copped the question at about 12:10 and rushed it. No case law cited either.

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭leavingcert17

im covering illegal and void. Are you covering all of terms? Or focusing in on any areas of it?

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭sapphire309

Contract
    Leaving out
    privity
    Formalities
    Exclusions they came up as essay and problem last sitting
    Was going to leave illegal and void but think they'll come up
    Anyone esle doing same?

I'm leaving out privity, formalities, agency, void, duress and exclusion/exemption. Cutting it finely, but only due to time pressure.

TCPIP wrote: »
    No joke, I identified the issue as whether the payment could be made and jumped straight into the director's resolution requirement, the attachment of liability if directors were deemed to be aware of inability to discharge debts, s.248 or w/e as a way of protecting them from being fired if they declined and told them to just not do the transfer. That was all written on one page because I copped the question at about 12:10 and rushed it. No case law cited either.

I wonder could he just straight up give me zero. If my other 4 were all around 12 you'd really hope I'd get 2 even for telling him not to do it? :/

Not sure tbh. I'm also wondering if he grades on a curve or if every one stands alone

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭user115

Ye think it's OK to leave out other remedies in contract? Once I know damages well?

So screwed for land, have it done but no time to revise til Monday after criminal, gona try revise some land tonight and then go over contract again tomorrow. Then cram all of criminal revision into 2 days..... Hope it works!

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭OMGWACA

A few pages back someone did what you're trying to do and found that cases almost never come up twice in the case note question :/ I'm treating it as a bonus question rather than one to bank on. Some recent cases that could be on it, in my opinion- dpp v Barry Doyle, NVH v minister for justice, bederev. I could be way off

Hey, do you have sample answers for these case notes at all please? I have nothing at all on Barry Doyle or NVH! I have something minimal on Bederev but google isn't helping me here!

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭sapphire309

For acceptance in contract, is it necessary to know about electronic contracts and the electronic commerce act 2000?

• Registered Users Posts: 294 ✭✭Vegetarian2017

user115 wrote:
    Ye think it's OK to leave out other remedies in contract? Once I know damages well?

user115 wrote:
    So screwed for land, have it done but no time to revise til Monday after criminal, gona try revise some land tonight and then go over contract again tomorrow. Then cram all of criminal revision into 2 days..... Hope it works!

I really do wonder is this the norm re cramming . I am in the same boat like the notes take weeks, i get the idea and concepts then move on to next subject then it comes to 2 days before exam to cram and i feel like I'm starting from scratch...
    Has anyone who has passed all three genuinely been in this position?
    There is like 15 topics in contract I'm reading all today and have to know off tomorrow it seems impossible

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭user115

For acceptance in contract, is it necessary to know about electronic contracts and the electronic commerce act 2000?

I'd say not in detail just know that due to 2000 act that email is a valid form of acceptance. I saw in some reports they were annoyed when people went on about that unnecessarily

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭lawless11

I'm leaving out for contract:
    -Agency
    -Void Contracts
    -Duress
    -Privity.

Will find some more maybe. Because I will not learn all that cases in one day.

lawless11 wrote: »
    -Agency
    -Void Contracts
    -Duress
    -Privity.

Are people including penalty clauses? Up the last 2 in a row, hardly 3?

-Agency
    -Void Contracts
    -Duress
    -Privity.

starting to panic aswell.. not sure how to even start learning all this

Are people including penalty clauses? Up the last 2 in a row, hardly 3?

i would know the different EU directives and incorporation rules at the least in case its thrown in with something else

• Registered Users Posts: 15 lawdedaw

Dunno, didn't do that one. If you saw a panicked person 10min in the exam coming in that was me (y). Hatred to buses was never as fierce as today. Beautiful start to the exams.

I am very mixed, it was an easy enough paper (like doable), but with all my rushing I blanked on case law for book keeping and wrongly answered the part on receiver's duties for guarantors. I'd say I have half of what was asked in 4 questions and the 8 was my best one. I so hoped I managed a tight pass.

What do you need for a pass do you mind me asking, is it that most 'good' answers land in the 15 mark with not many going above that? first time sitter here and it is a question my friends and I have been trying to figure out - I hope company works out okay for you :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40 Fe1hayes

Anyone know what to leave out for const really up the walls.

yournerd wrote: »
    i would know the different EU directives and incorporation rules at the least in case its thrown in with something else

I don't know these at all, I better get on it but I'm basically doing this whole thing from fresh :/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭Gunslinger92

OMGWACA wrote: »
    Hey, do you have sample answers for these case notes at all please? I have nothing at all on Barry Doyle or NVH! I have something minimal on Bederev but google isn't helping me here!

I'm afraid all I have on NVH is my own crappy handwritten notes.. but for Barry Doyle, Google the law society gazette article on it, its called if I could turn back time. It's a short article but it's very good it goes through the whole right of access to legal advice topic very succinctly

What do you need for a pass do you mind me asking, is it that most 'good' answers land in the 15 mark with not many going above that? first time sitter here and it is a question my friends and I have been trying to figure out - I hope company works out okay for you :)

Sorry I have no idea, it's my first also! Just doing some speculation exercises aha to try and reassure myself somehow... Thanks :).

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭Freckley201

50% overall to pass so assuming you do the five required questions, on average you need 10 marks out of 20 for each question

50% overall to pass so assuming you do the five required questions, on average you need 10 marks out of 20 for each question

I guess I was more about what standard is worth 10 marks for the examiners and all that. (High medium, true medium, enough to satisfy them that we know stuff... Etc).

I guess I was more about what standard is worth 10 marks for the examiners and all that. (High medium, true medium, enough to satisfy them that we know stuff... Etc).

Ah I see, hopefully very little!!! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,891 ✭✭✭iamanengine

Is it important to know much about the EU Directives surrounding consumer protection? For one question in the examiner report about EU harmonisation initiatives on Irish contract law they mention very few people provided cases of tracked recent developments but my manual gives very little info on that kind of thing!

Is it worth leaving out Mergers for EU on Comp law?

Not sure if its been tipped but I cant fit anymore in!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭Tony_TwoLegs

Is it just me or is the EU Institutions and all that early area just a mess.
    Your head would be wrecked trying to decipher it.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement