Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FE1 Exam Thread (Read 1st post!) NOTICE: YOU MAY SWAP EXAM GRIDS

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭sapphire309

Do you guys think I will be covered for contract with:

O+A
    Consideration/Estoppel
    Terms
    Remedies
    Consumer Protection
    Mistake
    Misrep
    Illegal Contracts
    Discharge

That's almost exactly what I'm doing, except I'm only doing frustration within discharge, and only damages and penalty clauses (barely) within remedies. Still haven't learnt about half of it though :eek: :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,891 ✭✭✭iamanengine

That's almost exactly what I'm doing, except I'm only doing frustration within discharge, and only damages and penalty clauses (barely) within remedies. Still haven't learnt about half of it though :eek: :(

I'm doing breach and frustration and same for remedies! Really worried Undue Influence/Duress will be thrown in as additional part of a question. Also would not be comfortable at all answering a question on Unfair Terms Directive and the Distance Selling...fingers crossed I guess

• Registered Users Posts: 24 twitchandsweep

Do you guys think I will be covered for contract with:

O+A
    Consideration/Estoppel
    Terms
    Remedies
    Consumer Protection
    Mistake
    Misrep
    Illegal Contracts
    Discharge

Almost the same as what I’m doing except I’m not covering illegal ctts and doing capacity instead.... still have a bunch of stuff to learn....

• Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭jewels652

I'm doing breach and frustration and same for remedies! Really worried Undue Influence/Duress will be thrown in as additional part of a question. Also would not be comfortable at all answering a question on Unfair Terms Directive and the Distance Selling...fingers crossed I guess

I am hoping that unfair terms directive does not come up it came at the last sitting as an essay question.

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭holliek

Can anyone tell me why the night before videos aren’t up anymore?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭lawless11

holliek wrote: »
    Can anyone tell me why the night before videos aren’t up anymore?

I suppose it was a mistake in the first place. Although pro tip: if you opened some, you can find the link again through your browser history. Sadly didn't open the contract one.

lawless11 wrote: »
    I suppose it was a mistake in the first place. Although pro tip: if you opened some, you can find the link again through your browser history. Sadly didn't open the contract one.
    I only looked at the company one, wished I'd looked at the contract and equity now!! :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭jewels652

Contract law question

Regarding remedies is it safe to leave penalty clauses and liquidated damages out? I covered damages remoteness, types of loss expectation, reliance, restitution and consequential loss and emotional distress. Do I have enough??????
    Thanks IA

So what are tomorrows contract predictions?

• Registered Users Posts: 46 FE!student

Does anyone have any general advice on how to approach answering questions in the Equity exam. This will be my third time sitting it! I don't know what I'm doing wrong because I'm approaching my study the way I did for the other exams.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,159 ✭✭✭yournerd

jewels652 wrote: »
    Contract law question

Regarding remedies is it safe to leave penalty clauses and liquidated damages out? I covered damages remoteness, types of loss expectation, reliance, restitution and consequential loss and emotional distress. Do I have enough??????
    Thanks IA

I think thats plentiful!

I only looked at the company one, wished I'd looked at the contract and equity now!! :mad:

Did ANYONE look at the contract one? Please help!

So what are tomorrows contract predictions?

My Predictions are:

Offer/acceptance/consideration
    formal/intention
    consumer and exclusion
    misrep
    mistake
    discharge
    remedies

• Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭Tony_TwoLegs

FE!student wrote: »
    Does anyone have any general advice on how to approach answering questions in the Equity exam. This will be my third time sitting it! I don't know what I'm doing wrong because I'm approaching my study the way I did for the other exams.

I feel your pain. I had to sit it 3 times till I scraped by. Never had issues with the rest. I think people are in 2 camps with it : struggle or fly it. I felt an equity expert by the end.
    I dunno what I did the final time. I think I threw every bit if info I had at every answer and concluded on a solid pov. There are patterns to predictability in the papers too

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭Supermax1988

I'm able to access the contract notes now even though I didn't before? Maybe they're back up? PM your email if not

Just realised you're talking about videos rather than notes. Never mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 twitchandsweep

Reading the exam questions here and seriously freaking out cbrshihfeuwihdeouw

What would a good answer consist of? 2 pages?

• Registered Users Posts: 24 Pollylou75

Oh dear lord did anyone think that constitutional paper was awful

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Jaspoon12

Pollylou75 wrote: »
    Oh dear lord did anyone think that constitutional paper was awful

Goddamn Gilchrist again! It was so bad that paper, what a way to start the first 3

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭sapphire309

Contract

Has unconscionable bargain appeared in the past, or is it simply undue influence?

• Advertisement

Anyone else getting increasingly worried for contract?

So nervous eating my whole kitchen in stress and fear

• Registered Users Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭LawBoy2018

Forgot to order my property legislation! Would anyone sell me theirs??

• Registered Users Posts: 40 Fe1hayes

Horrible answered 5 questions but so badly . Second time sitting it got 47 last time royally failed this time.

• Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭Tony_TwoLegs

LawBoy2018 wrote: »

You would learn the sections easy enough. I never bothered with legislation and passed handy enough. I'm an average candidate, not a genius. Give it a go.

• Registered Users Posts: 42 Natalie_06

Fe1hayes wrote: »
    Horrible answered 5 questions but so badly . Second time sitting it got 47 last time royally failed this time.

how many questions did you answer to get 47? I kinda had 3 1/2 good ones today, wrote a casenote on the wrong case and waffled the fifth one!

• Registered Users Posts: 40 Fe1hayes

Am 4 1/2 but badly like so good chance I’m sure . I just felt I was waffled half of it this time .

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭Freckley201

LawBoy2018 wrote: »

If you order it today you'd probably get it in time, mine arrived I 1/2 days I think. or you could offer to go collect it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 84 ✭✭MagicThree18

Passed it last year so I'd been a little too complacent this time around. Starting to worry now. I've covered a lot of material but the cases just aren't staying in my head.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 188 ✭✭Teamhrach

What all topics appeared? It probably wasn't near as bad as you think!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement