Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FE1 Exam Thread (Read 1st post!) NOTICE: YOU MAY SWAP EXAM GRIDS

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 27 FE1 Lady

Christ that Constitutional was painful. What was question one?

• Registered Users Posts: 42 Natalie_06

Good lord that constitutional exam this morning was the worst exam I've ever sat. Literally everything I didn't study came up, and I felt I had covered the vast majority of the course. That paper just hurt my soul.

Also 2 entire questions on family & children...?

Lol i thought the first family ish question was mainly on sep of powers? the judge acting ultra vires nah?

• Registered Users Posts: 36 sheamyboy

First time doing the Fe1 Constitutional exam, that paper today was horrible, is there any hope of passing by doing one decent answer, 3 waffle ones and zero for the 5th??I think I already know the answer to this lol

• Registered Users Posts: 40 Fe1hayes

Am one wasn’t family really .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭Gunslinger92

What on earth were questions 1 and 6 about?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,328 ✭✭✭the baby bull elephant

FE1 Lady wrote: »
    Christ that Constitutional was painful. What was question one?

I thought it was Freedom of Expression but given how my exam went I wouldn’t count on that.

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭lawless11

A very long shot, but who knows - if anyone is driving tomorrow from South Dublin (exit 13 M50/Dundrum wise) and wouldn't mind taking a poor soul with them, PM me please. I'd be eternally grateful.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,159 ✭✭✭yournerd

lawless11 wrote: »
    A very long shot, but who knows - if anyone is driving tomorrow from South Dublin (exit 13 M50/Dundrum wise) and wouldn't mind taking a poor soul with them, PM me please. I'd be eternally grateful.

I’ll be getting a taxi after the exam if anyone is interested

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭holliek

For acceptance, I'm just learning facts and communication. I'm ignoring ambiguous and illusory terms, should that be ok?

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭TCPIP

I thought it was Freedom of Expression but given how my exam went I wouldn’t count on that.

It was. But it was ****ing awful. That curve ball about it not being her expression... In my answer I was just like 'Throw the dude under the bus and give up the IP' And I just realised now I never pointed out it was considered seditious speech. Well, March it is.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20 FE1s2018

Does anyone else think the essay questions in contract are far too narrow to have a solid answer on? Penalty clauses, remoteness of damages, breach of contract, I have about 5/6 cases on each and don't even know their facts, just the principle . What length would an answer need to be at a minimum?

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭Blazedup

What on earth were questions 1 and 6 about?

Was 1. Strict liability and 38.1?
    Vague legislation?
    AG V King

• Registered Users Posts: 3,891 ✭✭✭iamanengine

FE1s2018 wrote: »
    Does anyone else think the essay questions in contract are far too narrow to have a solid answer on? Penalty clauses, remoteness of damages, breach of contract, I have about 5/6 cases on each and don't even know their facts, just the principle . What length would an answer need to be at a minimum?

From what I've seen remoteness would likely to be a part of a question so something like answer A and B. A might be remoteness and B could be penalty clauses, so having 5 cases for each would probably be fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,328 ✭✭✭the baby bull elephant

TCPIP wrote: »
    It was. But it was ****ing awful. That curve ball about it not being her expression... In my answer I was just like 'Throw the dude under the bus and give up the IP' And I just realised now I never pointed out it was considered seditious speech. Well, March it is.

Yeah I had to go to the well of half remembered ECHR cases from studying media law about hosts to get something in that respect and otherwise basically just did a proportionality test which probably shouldn’t have been as long.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Craobh Rua Lua

TCPIP wrote: »
    I missed that too. I threw in right to livelihood and vague criminal offences because I hadn’t a clue😱😱😱
    He can’t fail us all though

• Registered Users Posts: 4,159 ✭✭✭yournerd

Does anyone have sample answers that aren’t Griffith? Thinks the examiner is tired of repetitive answers...

• Registered Users Posts: 42 Natalie_06

its kinda ****ed up that there are like 30 chapters in constitutional and we only get the choice of 8.... and he tries to trick us even with those questions...the ****

I missed that too. I threw in right to livelihood and vague criminal offences because I hadn’t a clue😱😱😱
    He can’t fail us all though

I wrote about right to earn a livelihood also.

FE1s2018 wrote: »
    You’re be surprised at how much you would get out of them once you start writing. Your introduction will be half a page, each case a paragraph which is a quarter to half a page, and then your conclusion which is half a page. Make points relevant to the question asked in each paragraph, even if only vaguely on point. If not on point, say that in as something like: “although the court did not address the point directly, the reasoning adopted suggests that XXX”

You’re be surprised at how much you would get out of them once you start writing. Your introduction will be half a page, each case a paragraph which is a quarter to half a page, and then your conclusion which is half a page. Make points relevant to the question asked in each paragraph, even if only vaguely on point. If not on point, say that in as something like: “although the court did not address the point directly, the reasoning adopted suggests that XXX”
    Clarke and Treitel are very handy to refer to. If you could have a couple of points from them on the most importance stuff you’ll fly it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37 Gomzu

It seems like I might have been the one person who thought constitutional wasn’t the worst?? 😬 I did get very lucky with that case note Q though, was able to avoid the problem Qs. Seemed like a mad exam though, no AG, president, referendum, and 2 on family?? Mad

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭leavingcert17

Any tips for identifying questions tomorrow in contract? And what would likely come up with consumer protection?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭Gunslinger92

Gomzu wrote: »
    It seems like I might have been the one person who thought constitutional wasn’t the worst?? 😬 I did get very lucky with that case note Q though, was able to avoid the problem Qs. Seemed like a mad exam though, no AG, president, referendum, and 2 on family?? Mad

I was alright too, got 5 questions answered anyway. Got very lucky that I knew the family law topic

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭leavingcert17

I’m not learning that either
    holliek wrote: »
    For acceptance, I'm just learning facts and communication. I'm ignoring ambiguous and illusory terms, should that be ok?

I was alright too, got 5 questions answered anyway. Got very lucky that I knew the family law topic

Did you base your question on William and Anne on rights of the unmarried father?

• Registered Users Posts: 12 fe1exams2018

I passed constitutional last sitting with 2 proper answers then waffle about standing and any case I could remember for two. The last question I wrote 4 lines, wasn’t even gonna sit the exam. Got a bare 50 so anything is possible.

Does anyone have any predictions/lists for contract essays they think should be covered?

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭lawless11

Anyone could enlighten me on half-truth cases for contract law / misrepresentation?

Had nothing on it in the manual, seen it mentioned in a report but no elaboration on facts and how they were decided etc & I'm v short on time. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,891 ✭✭✭iamanengine

So far have learnt off O+A, Consideration, Estoppel, Consumer Protection, Damages and Terms...duno how I'm guna learn Misrep, Mistake, Breach and Illegal Contracts before tomorrow...whoops!

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭sapphire309

What came up in constitutional today?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭bigtophat13

So far have learnt off O+A, Consideration, Estoppel, Consumer Protection, Damages and Terms...duno how I'm guna learn Misrep, Mistake, Breach and Illegal Contracts before tomorrow...whoops!

I'm in a similar boat, when you say learn off how many cases do you mean per topic because I just can't make mine stick

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement