Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FE1 Exam Thread (Read 1st post!) NOTICE: YOU MAY SWAP EXAM GRIDS

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5 CP92

Hey guys, just in relation to criminal, which defences are the most important to cover? Are there any which I can leave out? Thanks :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭Redo91

Lumi77 wrote: »
    Liberty

There's no mention of it at all in my manual. Would that be under freedom of assembly and association or unenumerated rights.

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭Lumi77

Redo91 wrote: »
    There's no mention of it at all in my manual. Would that be under freedom of assembly and association or unenumerated rights.

No, personal liberty is art 40.4.1 applies to bail arrest detention position of prisoners heabus corpus

• Registered Users Posts: 43 graduate555

Redo91 wrote: »

It's in my manual, it's literally just a paragraph with 3 cases. Main case is State (McDonagh) v Frawley. It's not an unenumerated right - it's in the liberty article 40.4, it's just not called habeas corpus

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭Bayb12

:P
    annmc882 wrote: »
    Not Vic anyways

False imprisonment. It is mentioned he is a council worker but it says advise against bob so probably wouldn't need to bring in vicarious

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭laurenburne

annmc882 wrote: »
    Not Vic anyways

I see it as a false imprisonment question ..you could possibly mention trespass ( which could lead to contributory negligence under civil liability) and vicarious liability as Bob was an employee of the council. so could get into was he working under course/scope of his employment.

Mainly I see false imprisonment though ...I could be wrong but that's what I would launch into.

I'm feeling the nerves now.

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭Robbie25808

Hey for property I am studying:
    About Property
    Equity and Notice
    Systems of Land Registration
    Succession
    Co-Ownership
    Licence and Rights of Residence
    Family Property
    Easements
    Adverse Possession
    Landlord and Tenant Law

Do you think this is enough for the exam? Really dont like the Mortage chapter!

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭shellbm

Hey for property I am studying:
    About Property
    Equity and Notice
    Systems of Land Registration
    Succession
    Co-Ownership
    Licence and Rights of Residence
    Family Property
    Easements
    Adverse Possession
    Landlord and Tenant Law

Do you think this is enough for the exam? Really dont like the Mortage chapter!

Hey, I asked this yesterday and couple pages back except I didn't do Equity and Notice or Licenses and Right of residence - I did do mortgages. The general response was that it was enough to have choice in the paper

• Registered Users Posts: 1,769 ✭✭✭ArthurDayne

I see it as a false imprisonment question ..you could possibly mention trespass ( which could lead to contributory negligence under civil liability) and vicarious liability as Bob was an employee of the council. so could get into was he working under course/scope of his employment.

Mainly I see false imprisonment though ...I could be wrong but that's what I would launch into.

I'm feeling the nerves now.

Yeah to be honest I feel just prepared enough to do well provided the paper is reasonably forgiving. All it will take is a couple of curveballs and I'll be falling apart ha

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 LegalLaaaaady

Does anyone have tips for identifying Tort PQs? I'm finding it extremely difficult to do so and have come at odds with the examiners reports with almost every broadly based question!

Any help is really appreciated! Thanks :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭the great communicator

Does anyone have tips for identifying Tort PQs? I'm finding it extremely difficult to do so and have come at odds with the examiners reports with almost every broadly based question!

Any help is really appreciated! Thanks :)

Read the last bit carefully when he asks you to to advise or if there's a duty already established etc. Some of them are very vague but it seems he gives marks for any logical argument

Yeah to be honest I feel just prepared enough to do well provided the paper is reasonably forgiving. All it will take is a couple of curveballs and I'll be falling apart ha

Yeah me too. If I go in and see questions on occupiers liability, state authority liability, fire, damages, solicitor negligence and employer liability it will be the end for me.

Yeah me too. If I go in and see questions on occupiers liability, state authority liability, fire, damages, solicitor negligence and employer liability it will be the end for me.

Don't worry that'd be the end for 90% of candidates including myself.

Don't worry that'd be the end for 90% of candidates including myself.

You have me a good laugh reading that. I hope so haha. This time is the worst. Wondering when to call it a night before you've no time left in the morning haha

You have me a good laugh reading that. I hope so haha. This time is the worst. Wondering when to call it a night before you've no time left in the morning haha

Yea I didn't look over any of those except employer liability --- just kinda looked at it in conjunction with vicarious liability.

For Limitations - have people just learned off an essay ? Seems to be an essay question. I'd prefer to avoid the essays if possible because my brain can't take much academic stuff but it seems inevitable limitations will appea in some form

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭Supermax1988

For Limitations - have people just learned off an essay ? Seems to be an essay question. I'd prefer to avoid the essays if possible because my brain can't take much academic stuff but it seems inevitable limitations will appea in some form

I just learned the legislation and I have a handful of cases. It seems to have only ever come up as an essay question. I don't want to have to do an essay question if I can help it but it's a nice one to have in the locker if I get caught out with the problem questions.

I got into bed, out of nowhere I got the thought that the defenses to rylands was coming up and now I'm downstairs learning off that part of the chapter. These exams do funny things to your mind.

Good luck tomorrow later everyone -- and may the odds be ever in your favour!

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Becks63976

Hi, could someone please help me out with question 4 on the autumn2015 constitutional paper. I just cannot seem to get my head around what it is asking.
    Thanks in advance

Becks63976 wrote: »
    Hi, could someone please help me out with question 4 on the autumn2015 constitutional paper. I just cannot seem to get my head around what it is asking.
    Thanks in advance

Personally I would approach that as a question asking about Freedom of Expression, possibly mentioning the right to earn a livelihood being affected? Also I would mentioned Article 15.2, no authority other than the oireachtas has power to make law.

• Advertisement

shellbm wrote: »
    Personally I would approach that as a question asking about Freedom of Expression, possibly mentioning the right to earn a livelihood being affected? Also I would mentioned Article 15.2, no authority other than the oireachtas has power to make law.

Just checked the examiner report, he mentioned he right to livelihood was somewhat irrelevant as the ban did not prevent him from practicing...

What is the story with legislation.
    Can we highlight?
    Can we tab the pages?

Do we have to and it in the day before and if so where and what times?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 39 Ferry.Man

What is the story with legislation.
    Can we highlight?
    Can we tab the pages?

Do we have to and it in the day before and if so where and what times?

Thanks

Ya you can highlight and tab it! And you can hand it in the day before up to 1 o clock or the morning of the exam but if you hand it in on the morning you wont get it for about 30 min or an hour into the exam!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭Gunslinger92

Hope tort went well lads!

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭odwyer94

Tort wasn't too bad! Happy enough with the paper. Not certain I passed but made a reasonable enough stab at five questions at least.

The Residential Tenancies Act 2004 contains a number of significant reforms for the private rented
    sector in Ireland, in particular in the area of security of tenure and tenancy termination
    procedures. Consider whether the Residential Tenancies Act 2004 has succeeded in its aim of
    providing a clear legislative framework for tenancy obligations for landlords and tenants in Ireland.
    Critically discuss this statement with reference to case law.

Anybody know any cases for a question like this? There are none in the manuals which I have!

odwyer94 wrote: »
    Tort wasn't too bad! Happy enough with the paper. Not certain I passed but made a reasonable enough stab at five questions at least.

I feel the exact same. I was initially happy when I came out because I was able to make a stab at five questions but now I'm not feeling it as much.

Was that a question on vicarious liability? It confused me.

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭odwyer94

I feel the exact same. I was initially happy when I came out because I was able to make a stab at five questions but now I'm not feeling it as much.

Was that a question on vicarious liability? It confused me.

I think if you came out of the exam happy it's a good sign, you're probably just overanalysing it now!

I'm not sure. That was the question that confused me and I likely went down on. I originally thought it was vicarious liability but then I decided it wasnt and just talked about standard of duty instead. Probably not correct though.

odwyer94 wrote: »
    I think if you came out of the exam happy it's a good sign, you're probably just overanalysing it now!

I'm not sure. That was the question that confused me and I likely went down on. I originally thought it was vicarious liability but then I decided it wasnt and just talked about standard of duty instead. Probably not correct though.

It was definitely on standard of care but vicarious was relevant because the coach was an employee of the school.
    It's the perfect example of a question where he writes in the exam reports "most achieved a passing grade but few excelled". So wouldn't worry about it

• Advertisement

Literally feel like I know nothing for constitutional despite studying for months. Is there any indication of the pass rate? SO tempted not to sit it

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement