Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FE1 Exam Thread (Read 1st post!) NOTICE: YOU MAY SWAP EXAM GRIDS

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33 mariealice

Does anyone have any recent criminal law sample answers (post 2013) that they would be willing to send me please? Only have equity answers (to 2014) to swap

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭lawless11

Gosh. That was so frustrating.
    3 good questions, one half question basically cause hey good faith hello (cheers to me, reading a report long ago talking about it but forgetting all about it) and one TERRIBLE question.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 184 ✭✭Breacnua

lawless11 wrote: »
    3 good questions, one half question basically cause hey good faith hello (cheers to me, reading a report long ago talking about it but forgetting all about it) and one TERRIBLE question.

What came up ? 💜

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭holliek

What did people talk about for question 5 and 2?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,159 ✭✭✭yournerd

What was that like

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24 twitchandsweep

I’m afraid to look on here to see what people answered for that

Breacnua wrote: »
    What came up ? 💜

Ok let's go (my brain so beware I might be very wrong)

Q1: display of goods & unilateral mistake
    Q2: tenders & duty to act in good faith
    Q3: frustration & exemption clause & consumer protection
    Q4: damages basically (my worst)
    Q5: misrep/due diligence AND express contract terms / how a business would rely on it to avoid liability for misrep (???)
    Q6: a) interpretation contractual docs (not parol)
    b) implied terms
    Q7: penalty clauses
    Q8: statutory protection for customers

Q1: display of goods & unilateral mistake
    Q2: tenders & duty to act in good faith
    Q3: frustration & exemption clause & consumer protection
    Q4: damages basically (my worst)
    Q5: misrep/due diligence AND express contract terms / how a business would rely on it to avoid liability for misrep (???)
    Q6: a) interpretation contractual docs (not parol)
    b) implied terms
    Q7: penalty clauses
    Q8: statutory protection for customers

yeah so for q2(b) I talked about breach of contract.. and q5 I really don't know.. I did the remedies for rescission of misrepresentation :confused: and part b I talked about express terms like warranties and representations and the parol evidence rule.. I feel I brained the two of them

holliek wrote: »
    yeah so for q2(b) I talked about breach of contract.. and q5 I really don't know.. I did the remedies for rescission of misrepresentation :confused: and part b I talked about express terms like warranties and representations and the parol evidence rule.. I feel I brained the two of them
    Yeah basically I did 1,3,7 I found it fine. Then I kind of waffled the tender question and buls***** the other half. And then, I was short cause my brain would not cooperate and find what n5 was about. So... Did Q4, and oh man, so much waffle, confusing all the damages, that was painful to write so I don't imagine the pain reading it. I'd say it's worth 2/20.

Yeah basically I did 1,3,7 I found it fine. Then I kind of waffled the tender question and buls***** the other half. And then, I was short cause my brain would not cooperate and find what n5 was about. So... Did Q4, and oh man, so much waffle, confusing all the damages, that was painful to write so I don't imagine the pain reading it. I'd say it's worth 2/20.

Yeah I hadn’t done anything on the duty of due diligence so basically just didn’t address it! Q4 I didn’t understand so didn’t do it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 294 ✭✭Vegetarian2017

lawless11 wrote:

lawless11 wrote:
    Q1: display of goods & unilateral mistake Q2: tenders & duty to act in good faith Q3: frustration & exemption clause & consumer protection Q4: damages basically (my worst) Q5: misrep/due diligence AND express contract terms / how a business would rely on it to avoid liability for misrep (???) Q6: a) interpretation contractual docs (not parol) b) implied terms Q7: penalty clauses Q8: statutory protection for customers

I answered display and unilateral..how many cases did people mention? Uni i mentioned webster and cecil ..christ cant remember what esle. Do u get aloy of the marks for identifying the issues.

I did frustration said it was purpose plus possible foreseen so may not discharge him however the unfair term might. Mentioned firbrosa case as normally frustration only discharges of obligations going forward and he has already paid so fibrosa gave restitution.

Misrep the redgarth case no defence
    Absolutely waffled part b didnt know what was being asked.

Implied - off bystander etc. The 5 point bp refinery and maxims...didnt get alot of cases got the main ones
    Penalty dunlop and new case cavendish absolute waffle too like not even a page

I really think i failed unless she marks wrll for identifying. Which means the next two exams are wasted because i only signed up for 3 so pretty devastated as i swore i was not attempting fe1s again. Sorry pity rant over

• Registered Users Posts: 24 twitchandsweep

What are people’s thoughts for property/criminal?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭LawBoy2018

Insta92 wrote: »
    Yes I did a short paragraph on the duty Sam owes to trespassers under the Occupiers Liability Act. I was quite happy with this particular question.

Did anyone try the defamation essay? Felt this question really let me down, feel like I misinterpreted it. Discussed statements which have defamatory effect but how society’s views change with time when referring to case law.
    What are people’s thoughts for property/criminal?

I'm scared! Haha Do you have any sample answers for Sexual Offences??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 84 ✭✭MagicThree18

I answered display and unilateral..how many cases did people mention? Uni i mentioned webster and cecil ..christ cant remember what esle. Do u get aloy of the marks for identifying the issues.

I did frustration said it was purpose plus possible foreseen so may not discharge him however the unfair term might. Mentioned firbrosa case as normally frustration only discharges of obligations going forward and he has already paid so fibrosa gave restitution.

Implied - off bystander etc. The 5 point bp refinery and maxims...didnt get alot of cases got the main ones

I really think i failed unless she marks wrll for identifying. Which means the next two exams are wasted because i only signed up for 3 so pretty devastated as i swore i was not attempting fe1s again. Sorry pity rant over

I passed contract last year and I feel like I produced a better paper today, yet I can tell that your answers were more case law focused than mine.

Don't give up. You might feel deflated now, but just imagine how you'd feel if you passed today and ended up failing one of the others because you lost focus. That would be a bitter pull to swallow.

Keep going.

I didn't put that much cases but at least I felt they were relevant? Aha. Like idk I tried to explain well {except Q4. But I've already mentioned the disaster so I'll stop}. Did pretty much the same for frustration as you except I forgot fibrosa ay.
    Luck, I hope you'll pass! (& Me too brrr)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭Gunslinger92

Vegetarian2017, I passed contract with about 10 cases for the whole paper you absolutely get marks for identifying issues!! Definitely keep trucking on

• Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭jewels652

What a strange paper.
    I answers 5 but my structure was bad I was all Over the place.

I passed contract last year and I feel like I produced a better paper today, yet I can tell that your answers were more case law focused than mine.

Don't give up. You might feel deflated now, but just imagine how you'd feel if you passed today and ended up failing one of the others because you lost focus. That would be a bitter pull to swallow.

Keep going.

Thanks, and how did you feel coming out last year did u answer 5 questions, is she a fair marker? Dunno I really am not sire having failed before i know the standard i just don't feel i met it today.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Ethan90

Ethan90 wrote: »
    Tenders is only like 3 cases
    Harvela (Couldnt accept ref bid)
    Howberry Lane ( Privilege Clause, could accept any bid)
    Smart Telecom (Ref bids only where expressly permitted)

Delay can just be 1 case
    Ramsgate Victoria (revoked by delay, Offer to buy shares not accepted for 6 months)

Hope you didn't cut out those tenders =)

In relation to Question 2 and "good faith", I didn't have anything on good faith itself so I ignored it and went for the underlying 'contract' instead.

I referenced the Dakota Packaging case and that Plaintiff's claim that there should have been an implied term of reasonable notice. High Court agreed and implied the term but the Supreme Court overruled that decision. Refused to imply a term just because it was fair and reasonable and, crucially, held that no term could be implied where there was no contract to begin with (that case was also based on a series of orders rather than a formal written agreement). Anyone else take a similar approach?

I'm happy in the sense that I was able to address one of those issues, but annoyed not to have anything on good faith. Plus there's something on the tip of my tongue that says those types of informal agreements can become contractual in nature given certain conditions and periods of time.

• Advertisement

Thanks, and how did you feel coming out last year did u answer 5 questions, is she a fair marker? Dunno I really am not sire having failed before i know the standard i just don't feel i met it today.

I answered 4 and half questions last year (completely blanked on the second part of a problem) and felt like it was hit or miss. I'm not someone that scores very well in exams. I managed to scrape a 2.1 on my LL.B but it was coursework that pulled me over the line. I've simply never been able to hit big marks in any exams. So yeah, I definitely think contract is marked fairly (based on that single experience). A good friend of mine, who I'd consider to have the same issues as myself with exams, passed it on two occasions and he also considers it to be marked very fairly in light of his difficulties with other subjects.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 rrooccoo1A

Hey! Can somebody email me the EU FE1 exam paper for March 2018?

Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭sapphire309

I found that really difficult :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 Kois

Got 4 questions done with half of a 5th.
    Felt that was a very tough paper, didn't expect a lot of it at all.

I answered 4 and half questions last year (completely blanked on the second part of a problem) and felt like it was hit or miss. I'm not someone that scores very well in exams. I managed to scrape a 2.1 on my LL.B but it was coursework that pulled me over the line. I've simply never been able to hit big marks in any exams. So yeah, I definitely think contract is marked fairly (based on that single experience). A good friend of mine, who I'd consider to have the same issues as myself with exams, passed it on two occasions and he also considers it to be marked very fairly in light of his difficulties with other subjects.

Thanks a mill. I've really hit a wall. It my third attempt but had to pull out last time. Yes I have got to a stage where i really don't know what they looking for standardwise at this stage and if i can get it. I am going to keep at it. :)

Kois wrote: »
    Got 4 questions done with half of a 5th.
    Felt that was a very tough paper, didn't expect a lot of it at all.

It's true that thinking back at it, I really hoped for other topics... Like, Mistake, UI, minors, part-debt... And penalty clauses a 3rd time? I'm so glad I didn't ditch it away cause otherwise that'd be a fail for sure in all that...

Thanks a mill. I've really hit a wall. It my third attempt but had to pull out last time. Yes I have got to a stage where i really don't know what they looking for standardwise at this stage and if i can get it. I am going to keep at it. :)

So this is this your third time trying to land three? It's my second. It's very dispiriting.

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭Freckley201

I bought the LCLRA 2009 and Succession Act from OPW, is it right that its just stapled together printed pages?

Since downloaded versions aren't allowed I assumed they would be bound.

• Registered Users Posts: 44 tiddy_boo

I would echo this, I have the same issues with exams and I have passed contract twice with 4 ok questions and the 5th is usually a bit dodgy!

The thoughts of facing into criminal over the weekend after that contract paper :(

• Advertisement

I bought the LCLRA 2009 and Succession Act from OPW, is it right that its just stapled together printed pages?

Since downloaded versions aren't allowed I assumed they would be bound.

How much they cost?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement