Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FE1 Exam Thread (Read 1st post!) NOTICE: YOU MAY SWAP EXAM GRIDS

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 294 ✭✭Vegetarian2017

So this is this your third time trying to land three? It's my second. It's very dispiriting.

Yes third and last but only picked three subjects as working fulltime.

Do people feel sometimes the questions asked are such small topics that if you only do a page u feel u didnt do enough. Penalty clause was a page for me. Other questions i did 3 pages so feels like it is bad.

I found that really difficult

Yeah true. There wasnt a lot of topics. Also I am never listening to predictions again ...

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭Freckley201

How much they cost?

I think about 15e for both

tiddy_boo wrote:
    I would echo this, I have the same issues with exams and I have passed contract twice with 4 ok questions and the 5th is usually a bit dodgy!

tiddy_boo wrote:
    The thoughts of facing into criminal over the weekend after that contract paper

I think i was more two good questions ..third was a good A but b was waffle. Fourth was a page on penalty and fifth was ok...ive property and criminal. The absolute thiughts and i am half thinking should i pick up equity to avoid missing the magic 3.

Havent looked at equity in years however, obviously doing property n contract would help.

Any advices from anyone doing equity? I understand huge task but is it impossible? I could pjck set topics . Is the subject big can't remember.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭LawBoy2018

I think i was more two good questions ..third was a good A but b was waffle. Fourth was a page on penalty and fifth was ok...ive property and criminal. The absolute thiughts and i am half thinking should i pick up equity to avoid missing the magic 3.

Havent looked at equity in years however, obviously doing property n contract would help.

Any advices from anyone doing equity? I understand huge task but is it impossible? I could pjck set topics . Is the subject big can't remember.

Is that allowed??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭SwD

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/crime-and-law/courts/district-court/psychiatric-nurse-jailed-for-stabbing-colleague-with-syringe-at-galway-hospital-1.3628666 Does anyone know how I might get the court citation for this case. Its been recently decided and with the absence of case law RE: Syringe Attacks, it may come in handy as a back up!

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭SwD

LawBoy2018 wrote: »
    Is that allowed??
    To the best of my knowledge, no. I was certain registration was required to undertake an exam?

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Craobh Rua Lua

SwD wrote: »
    https://www.irishtimes.com/news/crime-and-law/courts/district-court/psychiatric-nurse-jailed-for-stabbing-colleague-with-syringe-at-galway-hospital-1.3628666 Does anyone know how I might get the court citation for this case. Its been recently decided and with the absence of case law RE: Syringe Attacks, it may come in handy as a back up!

It’s District Court so not very useful. You could just describe the case in the exam. Or else just invent it; Galway Superintendent v [Name of Nurse]

• Registered Users Posts: 6 rrooccoo1A

I found that really difficult :(

Oh really?! Can you remember what came up or why it was difficult?!

LawBoy2018 wrote:
    Is that allowed??

I just need to ring to say id like to pay for fourth, totally fine.

• Advertisement

Equitu
    If u are sitting equity last minute, majorly cutting topics. What are the most frequent best topics to cover or is it a case of a mix of all like contract:/
    This is my final attempt of fe1 and because today didn't go as expected I have decided to pick up equity. I have the manual but no idea where to start. I was going to pick the 7 most frequent topics and pray for the best.

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭bigtophat13

Thought 3 questions went well and that my damages was a mess, talked about innominate terms and everything in it which made no sense in relation to the breach whether it was a condition or warranty but I thought I'd be ok with the 3 and the frustration question. Just realised though I applied the knowledge that there was a protest to the hotel and not the guy which looks awful, will lose lots of marks for it :/ I knew it I was just so tired I made a meal of it

Thought 3 questions went well and that my damages was a mess, talked about innominate terms and everything in it which made no sense in relation to the breach whether it was a condition or warranty but I thought I'd be ok with the 3 and the frustration question. Just realised though I applied the knowledge that there was a protest to the hotel and not the guy which looks awful, will lose lots of marks for it :/ I knew it I was just so tired

In what way do you mean? Id say once you had the right idea. From what i gather she isnt a tough marker. The protest may actually affect his right to discharge, if any. He had notice of the protest so possibly foresaw the frustration as per the Mulligan case, well i think. That's what i said anyway =_=

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Craobh Rua Lua

Does anyone have a grid that covers all the nfoap items that came up? I’m doing assault, assault causing harm, assault causing serious harm, false imprisonment, harassment and the sexual offences but am not sure if it’s sufficient.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 84 ✭✭MagicThree18

Equitu
    If u are sitting equity last minute, majorly cutting topics. What are the most frequent best topics to cover or is it a case of a mix of all like contract:/
    This is my final attempt of fe1 and because today didn't go as expected I have decided to pick up equity. I have the manual but no idea where to start. I was going to pick the 7 most frequent topics and pray for the best.

Have you studied or sat the equity exam before?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 84 ✭✭MagicThree18

Pass rate for property last year was 85%. That's hugely encouraging.

Have you studied or sat the equity exam before?

Sat it about 6 or 7 years ago. But would be familiar obviously with some topics from contract etc. And the injunctions. However, no idea of the layout for Fe1. I just had a look at the night before notes its states trusts and injunctions plus certainties.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Jaspoon12

Pass rate for property last year was 85%. That's hugely encouraging.

Wow, do you know the rates for other topics too?

Thought 3 questions went well and that my damages was a mess, talked about innominate terms and everything in it which made no sense in relation to the breach whether it was a condition or warranty but I thought I'd be ok with the 3 and the frustration question. Just realised though I applied the knowledge that there was a protest to the hotel and not the guy which looks awful, will lose lots of marks for it :/ I knew it I was just so tired

In what way do you mean? Id say once you had the right idea. From what i gather she isnt a tough marker. The protest may actually affect his right to discharge, if any. He had notice of the protest so possibly foresaw the frustration as per the Mulligan case, well i think. That's what i said anyway =_=

Just mad tired and for some reason I went through the law and then suggested foreseeing the breach meant the hotel couldn't rely on it 🙈 ridiculous like

@bigtophat
    Wouldnt worry too much she probably knows you didn't mean the hotel. I am sure they are use to all sorts of errors but can see you are going in the.right direction.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24 twitchandsweep

Any kind soul have a criminal or property grid they’d be willing to share with me?

@bigtophat
    Wouldnt worry too much she probably knows you didn't mean the hotel. I am sure they are use to all sorts of errors but can see you are going in the.right direction.

Here's hoping, thanks for the encouragement :) What do you have left yourself?

Here's hoping, thanks for the encouragement What do you have left yourself?

Property and criminal. May need to risk equity last minute after todays paper to get the three. Probably impossible.

• Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭Tony_TwoLegs

Looking for the last 2 EU papers (March 18/ Oct 17). Anyone have the questions in full?
    I have pretty much most things to swap....

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭sapphire309

Thanks everyone for your support through those 2 days of hell in preparation for contract! Quite the study group we had going :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭LawBoy2018

Which questions can the 2009 act be used for in Property?

• Registered Users Posts: 15 lawdedaw

four good-ish questions in contract today, fifth was a bit of a disaster as I blanked on all case law relating to the tests for implying terms. Tried my best to discuss as best I could on the fly nonetheless and did discuss Flynn v Breccia so fingers crossed my bulls***ting will get me some marks for effort haha

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭kasey0123

Property & criminal candidates.

What is everyone feeling?

Any chapters that can be briefly looked at? Or guaranteed big topixs apart from succession and sexual offences ?

Is it safe to leave chapter 14 out of criminal , except for bits and pieces..... won’t be answering an essay on anything regarding chp 14.

Omissions? Just up so...
    Sexual offences.. property offences , non fatal, public order ?

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Lostudent

Does anyone have reasonably up-to-date grids for Equity or EU?

I've got quite a bit of notes and my own sample answers on just about every other area if anyone is interested in trading - on my last 2 exams now - the end is in sight!

• Advertisement

Thanks everyone for your support through those 2 days of hell in preparation for contract! Quite the study group we had going :cool:

Study group or support group?

Probably both to be fair

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement