Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FE1 Exam Thread (Read 1st post!) NOTICE: YOU MAY SWAP EXAM GRIDS

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭Yohnathan

Does anyone have any predictions from any of the LawSchools for EU Law please?

• Registered Users Posts: 6 S.CurKing

Does anyone have an equity grid they could sent me?

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭lawless11

What are people feeling for cases for the EU case note question?

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭Yohnathan

S.CurKing wrote: »
    Does anyone have an equity grid they could sent me?

I have an equity grid. What is your email?

Can someone please post up predictions for EU Law from one of the Grindschools? Thanks :)

• Registered Users Posts: 42 Natalie_06

Anyone with property solutions please?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 84 ✭✭MagicThree18

In relation to Easements, has intended easements ever come up (Wheeldon v Burrows and related legislation) or is it always either easements by necessity and by prescription? I'm really struggling with intended easements and I'm gonna cut it if it's never appeared.

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭Blazedup

lawless11 wrote: »
    What are people feeling for cases for the EU case note question?

Don't bother with case notes.
    Do art 101 and joint dominance instead

• Registered Users Posts: 15 xBell123

For property, I'm trying to decide whether to leave out Easements or Landlord & Tenant - any thoughts?

So far Ive got:

Succession
    AP
    Family
    Co-ownership
    Systems of land reg
    Finding
    Mortgages

Blazedup wrote: »
    Don't bother with case notes.
    Do art 101 and joint dominance instead

It would be cool to have the choice & why not be able to do both :p would be 3 with hopefully some institution question, 4 about FMG and a fifth mystery then :)...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 84 ✭✭MagicThree18

xBell123 wrote: »
    For property, I'm trying to decide whether to leave out Easements or Landlord & Tenant - any thoughts?

So far Ive got:

Succession
    AP
    Family
    Co-ownership
    Systems of land reg
    Finding
    Mortgages

Is mortgages tough? Running out of time here.

Haven't done L&T so can't offer you advice but easements isn't too bad. Re Ellenborough lays out the test and offers a nice framework for answering problem questions, which is mostly how that question has been asked in the past.

• Advertisement

Is mortgages tough? Running out of time here.

Haven't done L&T so can't offer you advice but easements isn't too bad. Re Ellenborough lays out the test and offers a nice framework for answering problem questions, which is mostly how that question has been asked in the past.

I don't think mortgages is too bad, I think a question could come up on judgement mortgages and thats only a few pages of the manual so you could maybe just focus on that if you're right for time?

Gonna do easements it does seem like a handy one, thanks for the tip!

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭bigtophat13

Yohnathan wrote: »
    I have an equity grid. What is your email?

Can someone please post up predictions for EU Law from one of the Grindschools? Thanks :)

Would there be any chance I could possibly get this equity grid off you too? Would really appreciate it.

Which is best to learn off you think, Mergers or State Aid for EU?

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Jaspoon12

Anybody have up to date, easy to read notes on sexual offences for criminal? Really really struggling to comprehend with mine and feel like there is a lot missing

• Registered Users Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭LawBoy2018

****ting it for Criminal! Any last minute tips from someone that's passed it maybe??

• Registered Users Posts: 294 ✭✭Vegetarian2017

Really struggling with study tonight am on my third lemsip feel half dead.
    How much in depth of criminal do we need to know. I haven't sat the exam before but i feel like 11 topics is just so much i am swamped. Although not in right frame of mind. Like in my notes I've three cases on incitement yet i see there was a whole question on it a few years back....

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Jaspoon12

Really struggling with study tonight am on my third lemsip feel half dead.
    How much in depth of criminal do we need to know. I haven't sat the exam before but i feel like 11 topics is just so much i am swamped. Although not in right frame of mind. Like in my notes I've three cases on incitement yet i see there was a whole question on it a few years back....

I know what you mean, I just looked at sample answers and no idea how I would answer these based on my notes! This is going to be a hard paper

• Registered Users Posts: 294 ✭✭Vegetarian2017

Like for example in an assault question is it enough to say assault on peace falls under officer s19 of crim justice po act and state the sentence or do you need to list out the full a to e list christ

Anyone who sat before i would greatly appreciate any info.

Like for example in an assault question is it enough to say assault on peace falls under officer s19 of crim justice po act and state the sentence or do you need to list out the full a to e list christ

Do either of ye have an essay for consent by any chance?

• Registered Users Posts: 46 FE!student

LawBoy2018 wrote: »
    ****ting it for Criminal! Any last minute tips from someone that's passed it maybe??

Look at the City Colleges Night Before notes now as a guide and try to know a little bit about everything as topics are mixed. You don't need to know the facts of most of the cases. Make sure you go through problem questions line by line in the exam, every line is relevant for criminal as there are so many issues. I think identifying issues will get you marks even if you have no case law to back up your points. Best of luck.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12 BeepBoopBot

EU:
    Institutions
    Direct Effect
    Member State Liability
    Judicial review
    Free Movement of Goods
    Equality
    Mergers
    State Aid

Would that get you through, possibly?

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Heart Shaped Box

What’s the sentence for man slaughter? As in how many years

EU:
    Institutions
    Direct Effect
    Member State Liability
    Judicial review
    Free Movement of Goods
    Equality
    Mergers
    State Aid

No workers/services or Competition? General principles?
    Based on his recent papers, he doesn't seem to put much of mergers/ State Aid. I understand if you don't want to do Competition cause it's extra long, but maybe squeeze in the general principles so you're not short in case you can't answer the note Q.

Maximum sentence of life imprisonment.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭Gunslinger92

Life

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭bigtophat13

EU:
    Institutions
    Direct Effect
    Member State Liability
    Judicial review
    Free Movement of Goods
    Equality
    Mergers
    State Aid

I'm going in with

DE
    Liability (those 2 are mixed usually)
    Judicial Review but mainly 263 as he likes that
    FMOG
    Equality
    Free movement of workers always gets a question too
    Some knowledge on the parliament - enough for that democratic deficit question
    Some knowledge on human rights and other fundamental principles in case he asks that question again too.

He seems fairly predictable.

Not sure when he came in but it seems the first 2 questions are usually 2 out of Fundamental Principles/Legislation or democratic deficit with institutions/Member state autonomy which I'm not doing

Then a direct effect question with member state liability

A judicial review question usually 263

one if not two free movement of goods questions

a case note

equality of some form

Competition of some form

• Closed Accounts Posts: 188 ✭✭Teamhrach

Equity

For anyone covering secret trusts, be aware of Sept 17 Q1 which required additional discussion re the joint deposit account

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭illy.m

Good luck to everyone sitting criminal tomorrow :)

HELP is this enough for property:

Succession
    AP
    Family Property
    Co-ownership
    Land reg
    Easements
    Finding / treasure trove
    Mortgages

Really worrying that Im skimming it too broadly and wondering if I should do equity and notice??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭jewels652

xBell123 wrote: »
    HELP is this enough for property:

Succession
    AP
    Family Property
    Co-ownership
    Land reg
    Easements
    Finding / treasure trove
    Mortgages

Really worrying that Im skimming it too broadly and wondering if I should do equity and notice??

Hi ya
    I am doing everything you are doing except mortgages I just don’t want to do that topic but instead I am doing licences.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement