Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FE1 Exam Thread (Read 1st post!) NOTICE: YOU MAY SWAP EXAM GRIDS

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭Wonderstruck

Starting to panic about property. I lulled myself into a false sense of security thinking it was predictable and easy to pass. I've learnt co-ownership, mortgages, adverse possession, family home, easements but still to learn succession & land reg (will have a glance over finding if I have time). That being said, the topics I've 'learnt', I'm far from confident on them. Hoping for a miracle tonight.
    Does anyone have advice for answering questions?

Do you have the past papers, look through them and see if you could answer 5 questions every single year.

If you can then you should just spend tonight checking there isn't any tricky confusing parts.

If you find there are years where only four out of five are coming up learn finding stuff in the land.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 84 ✭✭MagicThree18

jewels652 wrote: »
    I decided to cut mortgages as well. I just couldn’t get around it. I hope if it comes up the other topics that I have will be enough.
    Best of luck tomorrow.

For what it's worth, in the final City Colleges lecture the 'hot tips' were succession (obviously), registered land, finding and adverse possession. If those question comes up I'll be the one breakdancing in the aisle.

Best of luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 27 FE1 Lady

jewels652 wrote: »
    Gonna have to toss mortgages aside. It's just not clicking for me and I'm eating into the time that I need to revise the subjects that I do have a grasp on.

So I'm going in with:

Succession
    Adverse Possession
    Finding
    Co-ownership
    Family Property
    Registered Land
    Easements.

I'm cutting it close.

I decided to cut mortgages as well. I just couldn’t get around it. I hope if it comes up the other topics that I have will be enough.
    Best of luck tomorrow.

Cutting Mortgages also leaving me with the same as you guys. Christ but Mortgages is too painful!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 38 HenryHodgson

Could anyone please let me know what came up last time round in Equity?

Thank you!! <3

• Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭Tony_TwoLegs

EU:
    Institutions
    Direct Effect
    Member State Liability
    Judicial review
    Free Movement of Goods
    Equality
    Mergers
    State Aid

Would that get you through, possibly?

I wouldn't spend any more time on mergers/state aid myself (famous last words of regret). You might wanna look at FMOWorkers/ Citizenship/ Democratic Deficit/ have an idea of Competition.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,328 ✭✭✭the baby bull elephant

I think mortgages look very scary but are fairly straightforward in how they can actually be asked. I'd really recommend another look at them and just focus on the differences between between pre-LCLRA and post.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭ArthurDayne

What are folks covering for Equity?  I've covered a fair bit -- but getting the classic 'FE1 What If' syndrome and trying to decide whether to cover Estoppel and Mareva (both came up last time I'm pretty sure).

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Roisin Phelan

For what it's worth, in the final City Colleges lecture the 'hot tips' were succession (obviously), registered land, finding and adverse possession. If those question comes up I'll be the one breakdancing in the aisle.

Best of luck!

I'll be dancing with you!!
    Best of luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭lawlad101

Best of luck tomorrow everyone! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Roisin Phelan

Best of luck!

I'll be dancing with you!!
    Best of luck!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭user115

Hey!! Hope exams going well for everyone...end in finally in sight :D:D had a little question on mortgages pretty much questions can only really be powers of mortgagee and mortgagor and JM, isn't it? Worried in case I'm leaving something out

• Registered Users Posts: 27 demarche

Does anyone know roughly the earliest you can hand in legislation on the morning of an exam? Are they there before 9?

Contemplating not handing in my treaties until the morning of...

• Registered Users Posts: 37 Gomzu

In Adverse Possession, what is the authority for county council not being the state??

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭sapphire309

For succession - is it necessary to know details of how an estate is administered?

demarche wrote: »
    Does anyone know roughly the earliest you can hand in legislation on the morning of an exam? Are they there before 9?

Contemplating not handing in my treaties until the morning of...

Yeah you can hand it in at 9. You'll have it by 10.
    I went to buy the Treaties last week but couldn't find any. I dunno where my copy went from college.
    Gotta learn the sections :0/
    Bah

• Registered Users Posts: 4,159 ✭✭✭yournerd

Yeah you can hand it in at 9. You'll have it by 10.
    I went to buy the Treaties last week but couldn't find any. I dunno where my copy went from college.
    Gotta learn the sections :0/

Would highly not advise!

yournerd wrote: »
    Would highly not advise!

Ahh I've it done.
    Well I hope I have lol.
    There's not that much in fairness when you go through it. You'd be surprised in fact. If you know your stuff you'll be ok. You don't get marks for writing out text from the book

Gomzu wrote: »
    In Adverse Possession, what is the authority for county council not being the state??

I think it's Cork Corporation v Lynch.

I'm just after seeing the 'golden rule' in nightbefore notes for land whats that??

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭Pyggg

Stupid question but can you bring the LCLRA 2009 supplementary explanatory memorandum in with you or just the act itself? When I ordered the Act it came with both?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭sapphire309

Pyggg wrote: »
    Stupid question but can you bring the LCLRA 2009 supplementary explanatory memorandum in with you or just the act itself? When I ordered the Act it came with both?

Someone posted earlier saying no, only the Act... I had hoped the same as you

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭Pyggg

Someone posted earlier saying no, only the Act... I had hoped the same as you

Sorry didn’t see that! I suppose at least we hadn’t relied on being able to bring it in 😅

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Heart Shaped Box

If you’ve time to throw in one more property topic would you guys recommend mortgages or landlord/tenant law? Not based on predictions but more based on which is smaller/less difficult...

user115 wrote: »
    I'm just after seeing the 'golden rule' in nightbefore notes for land whats that??

It's a guiding principle for solicitors when seeing if a very elderly, or recently unwell, person has a sound disposing mind for the purposes of making their will.

The solicitor should (1) have the client speak to a GP to determine the client's understanding and capacity and (2) take contemporaneous notes of the GP's findings.

Complying/not complying with the golden rule does not validate/invalidate a will. It is only there to assist the solicitor to resolve any subsequent disputes concerning the client's capacity.

It's a guiding principle for solicitors when seeing if a very elderly, or recently unwell, person has a sound disposing mind for the purposes of making their will.

The solicitor should (1) have the client speak to a GP to determine the client's understanding and capacity and (2) take contemporaneous notes of the GP's findings.

Complying/not complying with the golden rule does not validate/invalidate a will. It is only there to assist the solicitor to resolve any subsequent disputes concerning the client's capacity.

Thanks Magic 3, hope exams going well :)

• Registered Users Posts: 21 GingerAleSnail

I wouldn't spend any more time on mergers/state aid myself (famous last words of regret). You might wanna look at FMOWorkers/ Citizenship/ Democratic Deficit/ have an idea of Competition.

I think State Aid is due a run

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭holliek

Anyone have any of the 2017 equity reports?

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭holliek

I understand its up to the marker what they want to include in the reports but equity reports have a shocking amount of detail in them - some comments are one sentence for an entire question?? Very hard to know what the examiner is looking for!

• Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭jus_me

Can’t believe there was a covenant question it’s never really came up before ! Not a bad paper considering the examiner is new this year

• Advertisement

Did anyone spot aisling parks name on exam not Neil Maddox wonder if it was mistake or if it was her paper? So strange

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement