Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FE1 Exam Thread (Read 1st post!) NOTICE: YOU MAY SWAP EXAM GRIDS

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭vid36

Pyggg wrote: »
    Did anyone here view their paper? Was pretty useless I thought, but expected as much, didn’t have my hopes high. I viewed criminal and he just had a few ticks and then the mark. Anyone other examiner give any more notes?

Tort was the same, just the mark but at least you can see which questions the examiner thought was ok.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,159 ✭✭✭yournerd

vid36 wrote: »
    Tort was the same, just the mark but at least you can see which questions the examiner thought was ok.

Does it not give like 2 2 2 ??

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭Pyggg

yournerd wrote: »
    Does it not give like 2 2 2 ??

No just the overall mark out of 20 at the end of the question

• Registered Users Posts: 3 SB2020

I checked my Contract paper yesterday and both the internal and external examiner marked mine. I got a 46 but the external brought it down to 40! When do the external examiners step in or is it just a random selection of papers that they review? Was considering getting it remarked but having had the external examiner review it already it's probably not going to change?

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭user115

SB2020 wrote: »
    I checked my Contract paper yesterday and both the internal and external examiner marked mine. I got a 46 but the external brought it down to 40! When do the external examiners step in or is it just a random selection of papers that they review? Was considering getting it remarked but having had the external examiner review it already it's probably not going to change?

And no reason written for that? Surely a record would need to be taken of why that decision was made. I've heard external is a random process.... That's just a guess though as absolutely no material whatsoever is provided by the law society on how they mark exams.... Will never understand why they cannot just publish an agreed marking scheme??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭jus_me

user115 wrote: »
    And no reason written for that? Surely a record would need to be taken of why that decision was made. I've heard external is a random process.... That's just a guess though as absolutely no material whatsoever is provided by the law society on how they mark exams.... Will never understand why they cannot just publish an agreed marking scheme??

My 45 in Property was the only fail checked by the external examiner - maybe they check the exams that are close to a pass?

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭lisac223

Random question but does it matter if you write in black or blue pen in the exams?

• Registered Users Posts: 300 ✭✭Leraf

lisac223 wrote: »
    Random question but does it matter if you write in black or blue pen in the exams?

Makes no difference

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭123456789j

Hi all,

Apologies if this has already been dealt with but looking for some guidance.

I plan to sit tort, eu, equity and property in March 2019 and was wondering do I need to get new manuals or will my march 2018 manuals be ok?

Also, looking to sit a 5th exam also. Unsure whether to pick criminal or contract. I want to pick whichever one is easiest or less difficult haha.

Thanks in advance!

• Registered Users Posts: 46 FE!student

I didn't go to the viewing but the Law Society have emailed me a copy of my Equity paper. It was just marked by the internal examiner and there's literally not a mark or tick on my paper except the grade at the end. I suppose it's useful to know what marks you get in each question but that's about it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16 lmsc

FE!student wrote: »
    I didn't go to the viewing but the Law Society have emailed me a copy of my Equity paper. It was just marked by the internal examiner and there's literally not a mark or tick on my paper except the grade at the end. I suppose it's useful to know what marks you get in each question but that's about it.

can I ask when you requested a copy of the paper? I'm waiting on the law society to send mine, they told me they're doing it in order of when the request was received!

lmsc wrote: »
    can I ask when you requested a copy of the paper? I'm waiting on the law society to send mine, they told me they're doing it in order of when the request was received!

I requested it on 3rd December. Just received the email this morning.

Has anyone ever attended the UCD Constitutional Law Update in January, would it be useful for anyone sitting Constitutional Law next year?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 samd123

Hi, I was wondering if anyone could give some advice on what they look for in the tort paper?

I passed my other 3 exams and had always done pretty well in tort in college but only got 40% in the exam and, as others have mentioned, when I viewed the script all that was on the paper was each question's individual mark.

I got 8 in each question so obviously the answers were below the standard required but I'm not entirely sure how, I came out thinking I'd done quite well.

Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 184 ✭✭Breacnua

Has anyone ever attended the UCD Constitutional Law Update in January, would it be useful for anyone sitting Constitutional Law next year?

I was wondering the same, I have heard it is a good thing to go as the paper changes a lot and reflects what is going on and what is covered in this talk.
    Any idea when it is on?

Breacnua wrote: »
    I was wondering the same, I have heard it is a good thing to go as the paper changes a lot and reflects what is going on and what is covered in this talk.
    Any idea when it is on?

https://www.ucd.ie/constitutional/events/constitutionallaw-anupdate2019/

Does anyone know which of the following three has the least work load involved:

Constitutional, Company and Contract

I have to repeat Equity in March. I'm going to sit one other exam with it. People have said to do Contract but they're on back to back so I don't really want to do Contract, but if the workload is less than Company or Constitutional then I'd consider it.

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭TemptationWaits

Guys, about the constitutional law conference, my FE1 lecturer in that subject couldn’t recommend going highly enough. He said it would be essential for the exam and he would recommend going even if it were on the day before the exam. So I’d say either going or getting notes from it would be a good bet if you’re sitting constitutional.

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭Blazedup

FE!student wrote:

FE!student wrote:

Company

• Advertisement

Blazedup wrote: »
    Company

Thanks for that, I'm leaning towards company anyway, because I hate contract!

• Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭vid36

I have to repeat Equity in March. I'm going to sit one other exam with it. People have said to do Contract but they're on back to back so I don't really want to do Contract, but if the workload is less than Company or Constitutional then I'd consider it.
    It has got to be contract even if they are back to back .

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭holliek

Guys, about the constitutional law conference, my FE1 lecturer in that subject couldn’t recommend going highly enough. He said it would be essential for the exam and he would recommend going even if it were on the day before the exam. So I’d say either going or getting notes from it would be a good bet if you’re sitting constitutional.

I just booked the early bird ticket. Thanks for heads up on the conference and to the others who posted

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭scooby321

Does anyone have any idea how long this is? I know it starts at 2 pm, but just wondering what time it will go on until as I must book a train. Surely it won't be longer than 4 hours?

scooby321 wrote: »
    Does anyone have any idea how long this is? I know it starts at 2 pm, but just wondering what time it will go on until as I must book a train. Surely it won't be longer than 4 hours?

I have been wondering the same ...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 rbhtgh

Hi, I have one exam left in March and hoping to get into Blackhall in 2019 but I've heard that there's a waiting list? I'm 31 and want to get in ASAP. Anyone know whether this is the case? TIA.

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭Blazedup

rbhtgh wrote: »
    Hi, I have one exam left in March and hoping to get into Blackhall in 2019 but I've heard that there's a waiting list? I'm 31 and want to get in ASAP. Anyone know whether this is the case? TIA.

https://www.lawsociety.ie/globalassets/documents/lsra/peart-commission-report-2018.pdf

should be june 2019 to have all your affairs in order

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭lawless11

Anyone could PM me, I'm looking for a recent tort grid? Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,159 ✭✭✭yournerd

anyone have any updated grids? can swap company

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭sapphire309

I would be really appreciative if somebody could send me a Company and/or EU grid please! I have an updated Equity grid to send on and a relatively recent contract grid.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement