Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FE1 Exam Thread (Read 1st post!) NOTICE: YOU MAY SWAP EXAM GRIDS

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭Daly29

Definitely not. Think it makes a more rounded answer. He might not give you an extra mark but certainly won't deduct.
    laurar2019 wrote: »
    i mentioned 231 in the conclusion just to round it up... think he'll dock mark for that since its not in the q?

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭lawless11

sbbyrne wrote: »
    Yeah its usually 6 weeks from the last Friday of the exam/last exam.

Last sitting it was 7 weeks after the last Friday for some reason. So either 3rd of May or the week after I reckon.

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭sapphire309

how long were your answers for 239 & 239? mine was barely 3 pages

I wrote about a page and a half. I basically just wrote out the 2 provisions from the act into my booklet :( will be lucky to get any marks in that particular Q

• Registered Users Posts: 3,891 ✭✭✭iamanengine

Defences: Provocation, Insanity, Automatism, Intoxication, Lawful use of Force

Is this enough? They seem to be the big ones

• Registered Users Posts: 2 GemmaS97

First timer and hope this is not a silly question but do we bring the form of identification into the exam along with the most recent letter from the Law society with our Candidate ID and do we keep them on our desks while doing the exam?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭LawGirl3434

Ok so just to clarify sorry - before or at the fact, tried as principle under 7(1)? And after the fact accessory under 7(4)?

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭nimcdona

Defences: Provocation, Insanity, Automatism, Intoxication, Lawful use of Force

Is this enough? They seem to be the big ones

Duress too if you have the time

• Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭vid36

GemmaS97 wrote: »
    First timer and hope this is not a silly question but do we bring the form of identification into the exam along with the most recent letter from the Law society with our Candidate ID and do we keep them on our desks while doing the exam?

Yes, they checked my id and letter when I was signing the attendance sheet.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 AJM95

yup you could definitely pass with that I reckon.

I talked about SLP a bit in the problem question with Sean on consequences of incorporation...

I did the same thing, went on a tangent about slp . Dont think he was looking for that though. Oh well

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 Legal23

Just trying to get defences (criminal) into my head, is there any particular ones I should focus on or should I know them all??? There is so much....

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭kasey0123

Anyone have recs for minizing topics for constitutional law? Want to leave out family religion equality due process war right to trial ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3 nialljohn

Hi guys what is everyone doing for property? Really want to cut a lot out for this one as I feel its a bit easier than others. Would I have enough in doing succession, adverse possession, finding, registration, easements and mortgages? Also can anyone explain to me the situation with prescription? Is it just the pre 2009 position now? v confused!

• Registered Users Posts: 32 laurar2019

nialljohn wrote: »
    Hi guys what is everyone doing for property? Really want to cut a lot out for this one as I feel its a bit easier than others. Would I have enough in doing succession, adverse possession, finding, registration, easements and mortgages? Also can anyone explain to me the situation with prescription? Is it just the pre 2009 position now? v confused!

Thats exactly what im doing except im not doing mortgages but co ownership. I say we should be fine like my guess is 2x Succession, 1x Adverse possesin 1x easements then a toss up of the other 3??

Thats exactly what im doing except im not doing mortgages but co ownership. I say we should be fine like my guess is 2x Succession, 1x Adverse possesin 1x easements then a toss up of the other 3??

Yeah I couldn't see much else coming up. A little afraid of predicting atm considering how everyone's saying they're changing them up this year

• Registered Users Posts: 32 laurar2019

nialljohn wrote: »
    Yeah I couldn't see much else coming up. A little afraid of predicting atm considering how everyone's saying they're changing them up this year

True but property is like the only one where its always the same i.e succession... so they cant just change that? then like land reg is another certain id say going by the grid... easements might only be a maybe if they wanna spice it up a bit ive a feeling it might not come up.

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭leavingcert17

I really don’t know how I’m going to pass criminal. Is there anything I should focus on? I have covered a bit but not half of it yet

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭bigtophat13

For Criminal, going by the legislation would an implement in the anus be aggravated sexual assault as opposed to S4 rape? Does that makes sense?

Aggravated sexual assault.

3.—(1) In this Act “aggravated sexual assault” means a sexual assault that involves serious violence or the threat of serious violence or is such as to cause injury, humiliation or degradation of a grave nature to the person assaulted.

(2) A person guilty of aggravated sexual assault shall be liable on conviction on indictment to imprisonment for life.

(3) Aggravated sexual assault shall be a felony.

Rape under section 4 .

4.—(1) In this Act “rape under section 4 ” means a sexual assault that includes—

(a) penetration (however slight) of the anus or mouth by the penis, or

(b) penetration (however slight) of the vagina by any object held or manipulated by another person., am I right in thinking any implement (sorry for this grimness) put into the anus

For Criminal, going by the legislation would an implement in the anus be aggravated sexual assault as opposed to S4 rape? Does that makes sense?

Aggravated sexual assault.

3.—(1) In this Act “aggravated sexual assault” means a sexual assault that involves serious violence or the threat of serious violence or is such as to cause injury, humiliation or degradation of a grave nature to the person assaulted.

(2) A person guilty of aggravated sexual assault shall be liable on conviction on indictment to imprisonment for life.

(3) Aggravated sexual assault shall be a felony.

Rape under section 4 .

4.—(1) In this Act “rape under section 4 ” means a sexual assault that includes—

(a) penetration (however slight) of the anus or mouth by the penis, or

(b) penetration (however slight) of the vagina by any object held or manipulated by another person., am I right in thinking any implement (sorry for this grimness) put into the anus

Yeah object in anus is aggravated sexual assault

Does anyone know if I hand in the property acts before criminal tomorrow can I just complete them after the exam? Or si there particular times etc. And also anyone who's taken an FE1 exam before in the red cow, is there usually enough parking spaces?

I really don’t know how I’m going to pass criminal. Is there anything I should focus on? I have covered a bit but not half of it yet

I think at this stage focus on offences against the person, particularly sexual offences, property offences and have even two cases for each defence. Good starting point for problem questions

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭Supermax1988

nimcdona wrote: »
    Does anyone know if I hand in the property acts before criminal tomorrow can I just complete them after the exam? Or si there particular times etc. And also anyone who's taken an FE1 exam before in the red cow, is there usually enough parking spaces?

The legislation office will be open from 9-1 so you can leave it in before or after. Whichever suits.

Yeah there's plenty of parking.

True but property is like the only one where its always the same i.e succession... so they cant just change that? then like land reg is another certain id say going by the grid... easements might only be a maybe if they wanna spice it up a bit ive a feeling it might not come up.

Yeah hopefully it's finding, succession X 2, adverse possession and registration. V doable

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭Supermax1988

Very rattled after Company and worried about Property now.

Have:

Finding
    Equity and Notice
    Land Reg
    Succession
    Co-Ownership
    Easements
    Adverse Possession
    Family Property

Is that enough? Half thinking of trying to add mortgages or landlord and tenant law. Really don't want to have to do the latter though.

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭Bayb12

Right so anyone think it's possible to pass on 3 decent qs and two very dodgy ones haha? Actually feel so baffled by that company exam - no normal director duties, restrictions, shareholder protection, share transfer, SLP...just don't understand it are they trying to make us fail?

Very possible. I sat Ocober 2017 which was a shambles and took 2 of my questions straight from the legislation

• Registered Users Posts: 33 mariealice

Very rattled after Company and worried about Property now.

Have:

Finding
    Equity and Notice
    Land Reg
    Succession
    Co-Ownership
    Easements
    Adverse Possession
    Family Property

Is that enough? Half thinking of trying to add mortgages or landlord and tenant law. Really don't want to have to do the latter though.

I have the same minus equity and notice and add in licenses. I have a very basic note done for mortgages also but I doubt I would be able to answer a question on it, it's more for an emergency situation! Hoping it'll be enough!

• Registered Users Posts: 294 ✭✭Vegetarian2017

Constitution

What are people covering? After hearing about the first two exams it very nervewrecking as to what to cover.
    Does anybody know what came up in the last exam or what should be expected.

I am trying to cover as much as possible to start revising condensed notes first thing in the morning

Also due trial I think il leave out is that silly. Covering a wide range.

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭sbbyrne

Constitution

What are people covering? After hearing about the first two exams it very nervewrecking as to what to cover.
    Does anybody know what came up in the last exam or what should be expected.

I am trying to cover as much as possible to start revising condensed notes first thing in the morning

Also due trial I think il leave out is that silly. Covering a wide range.

I'm terrified as well, the sample answers have so much detail about everything and every case, theres so much caselaw.

I'm covering:

Property Rights
    Religious Freedom
    Personal rights
    Sovreignity (just knowing Crotty/Pringle)
    Freedom of Speech
    Unconstitutionality
    Const. Interpretation
    JR (vaguely)
    Family
    Due Course
    Separation of Powers
    Attorney General

Like i'll probably have to start culling topics somewhere - it's so content heavy

What are other people thinking?

Anyone know the sentence for burglary? Cant seem to find it anywhere

• Registered Users Posts: 294 ✭✭Vegetarian2017

I know!! Panic like when is too much too much ..Nobody could learn the whole
    course. I really would like to be in a position to pass this, even if it is a really tough paper.

Does anyone know what came up on the last paper in terms of reliables the president /sop/ag/interp?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭Legal_Eagle_95

Bayb12 wrote: »
    Very possible. I sat Ocober 2017 which was a shambles and took 2 of my questions straight from the legislation

That’s reassuring! I could remember tiny bits about the doctrine of UV but my god not a single case for the S238 and S239! Copying down the legislation haha

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement