Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FE1 Exam Thread (Read 1st post!) NOTICE: YOU MAY SWAP EXAM GRIDS

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32 laurar2019

would it be mad to leave out offer and acceptance?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭Gunslinger92

laurar2019 wrote: »

Aye

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭Toga Stroll

user115 wrote: »
    For things like compare answers or critical evaluation I think basically you say something works well or not and why, I wouldn't even think the why has to be that well developed. Then load in all the stuff you know so that supports your answer.

For institutions and legal sources might be helpful to have a sort of skeletal done already so you know exactly what you want to get down on it. From the exam reports it seems like he is looking for the same information on topics every year, like same cases and legislation. So do some kind plan and learn that off and then really try a remember the layout and then pick relevant stuff out on the day like try not throw down the whole lot of it just relevant stuff so it looks as though you really get it.....Thats prob way easier said then done though, things usually do come back to you like its very rare you are gona go 100% blank. Maybe come up with anagrams or something, I find that helps me.

If sample answers have worked for you though I don't want to put you off them but I find them a waste, like spend that time understanding something well and then you can handle whatever is asked.

I honestly think he is very sound marker for EU, when I saw the pass rates like they are unreal compared with some other ones that you prob already have passed so it's just really the amount of info that so intimidating but put some order on it and it'll come back to you.

What was the EU pass rate last year?

• Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭jewels652

laurar2019 wrote: »

Absolutely is a very straight forward topic and it always comes up..

I passed contract last October and I only used the night before notes that’s all I had. Download the night before notes and go through it is only like a page and half

• Registered Users Posts: 32 laurar2019

jewels652 wrote: »
    Absolutely is a very straight forward topic and it always comes up..

I passed contract last October and I only used the night before notes that’s all I had. Download the night before notes and go through it is only like a page and half

ohh that sounds good ! im only startin g contract today and my manual has likke 40 pages on it :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭Pyggg

Anyone know when the new EU examiner came in?

• Registered Users Posts: 33 mariealice

Pyggg wrote: »
    Anyone know when the new EU examiner came in?

October 2015 I believe? So there's been 7 papers with the new examiner 😊

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭Pyggg

mariealice wrote: »
    October 2015 I believe? So there's been 7 papers with the new examiner ��

Thanks a million!

• Registered Users Posts: 40 Fe1hayes

Pyggg wrote: »
    Thanks a million!

You can tell. The reports and exams itself were a lot harder I think prior.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 237 ✭✭z6vm1dobfnca3x

Can someone please briefly explain the rule in Hastings-Bass?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭nimcdona

Would I be mad to ignore all injunctions bar Quia Timet and Anton Piller?

I've struggled with the whole departures from the Campus Oils Principles bullsh*t since college and I don't want to waste the next 4 days wrapping my head around it again? It's such a dense area.

I have 14 other topics covered:

Quia Timet & AP
    Charitable Trusts
    Non-Charitable
    Cy-press
    Rectification
    Specific Performance
    Undue Influence
    Recission
    Satisfaction
    Trusteeship
    DMC
    Three Certainties
    Strong v Bird
    Advancement

I'm leaving out mareva injunctions completely anyway and focusing on Quia timet
    not a fan of injunctions either so hoping to just have enough not to have to answer a question on it

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭LawGirl3434

Contract

Hey,

For contract so far I have covered:

Offer/ Acceptance
    Consideration/ Estoppel
    ITLR
    Capacity
    Uncertain Terms - ambiguous, illusory, etc
    Formal Requirements
    Express/ Implied terms
    Consumer Protection
    Interpretation - plain meaning. factual matrix, contra performa, no est factum, etc.
    Exemption and Exclusion clauses

Going to get remedies, discharge, mistake & misrepresentation done today

So basically think that leaves me with just duress, undue influence and & agency and privity - wondering if I can leave any of these out?

Additionally, if I am missing anything from the above please let me know! :)

nimcdona wrote: »
    I'm leaving out mareva injunctions completely anyway and focusing on Quia timet
    not a fan of injunctions either so hoping to just have enough not to have to answer a question on it

Yeah I'm leaving out Mareva too.

I reckon QT inj. are on the cards or maybe AP. (I know enough about Campus Oils etc to cover me for a QT question).

Good chance it will be a regular interlocutory injunction Q too but if that's the case, hopefully I will have another question I can answer instead. The amount of cases, exceptions, departures etc just makes my brain hurt.

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭sbbyrne

Yeah I'm leaving out Mareva too.

I reckon QT inj. are on the cards or maybe AP. (I know enough about Campus Oils etc to cover me for a QT question).

Good chance it will be a regular interlocutory injunction Q too but if that's the case, hopefully I will have another question I can answer instead. The amount of cases, exceptions, departures etc just makes my brain hurt.

I'm the same - I despise injunctions in general so i'm also relying on knowing enough that it can be avoided at all costs. QT's arent the worst, and there isnt a massive amount on AP either. Here's hoping we'll have enough anyway!

sbbyrne wrote: »
    I'm the same - I despise injunctions in general so i'm also relying on knowing enough that it can be avoided at all costs. QT's arent the worst, and there isnt a massive amount on AP either. Here's hoping we'll have enough anyway!

Exactly - QTs and APs are lovely.

Even if it does turn out to be an interlocutory Q, there are still 7 other questions on the paper to choose from!

I'd rather put my time into backups than waste a huge amount of time on interlocutory injunctions when they might not even appear!

• Registered Users Posts: 42 Natalie_06

Hi

does anyone have EU sample answers that they can send me from 2016 onwards? I have other things to trade! please pm

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭nimcdona

Just struggling to get an answer for the essay on specific performance for personal services, could anyone give me a quick overview of what cases you'd be discussing if answering it please?

• Registered Users Posts: 1 emilieburke22

Hi there,
    Just wondering if anyone would happen to have a SOG ACT 1893 or updated which I could purchase. I am sitting contract and eu both thursday and friday and would greatly appreciate the ACT. I will be in Red Cow wednesday afternoon.

I have both notes and sample answers I would be willing to trade.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭Legal_Eagle_95

Contract

Seems there is a lot of mixing so trying to cover all the important points - do you think I'm safe to leave out intention to create legal relations, illegal and void contracts and agency? I have everything else included

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Olliepollie

Equity

Hi guys, does anyone for constructive trusts if an essay question comes up on "knowing assistance" am I to discuss Knowing Receipt and Dishonest Assistance as two separate and distinct areas, or as one area with all case law applying the same to Receipt and Assistance?

They're separate areas in my manual but the examiner reports always talk about knowing assistance as involving all the cases for both areas... sorry if this is really convoluted, my brain is as confused as this post!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭LawGirl3434

Contract

Seems there is a lot of mixing so trying to cover all the important points - do you think I'm safe to leave out intention to create legal relations, illegal and void contracts and agency? I have everything else included

Hey! It’s hard to know because she does mix questions but equally there is a decent choice on the exam.

For ITLR, maybe know the basics of it? I’m leaving out illegal too, but going to do duress and undue influence I think

• Registered Users Posts: 30 loosehead1973

Hi Guys
    Does any of you kind souls have 2017 and 2018 past papers for Equity.
    TIA
    Gus

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭sapphire309

Feel like this has been asked before, but how mad would it be to leave out all of Competition law? I'm really running out of time and I just can't get my head around any of EU :( struggling big time. I am planning on leaving out competition, mergers, state aids, private international law (whatever that even is).

I've also seen people refer to 'legislative procedures' - my manual doesn't have a chapter on that but what else would it include other than OLP and SLP?

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Olliepollie

Hi Guys
    Does any of you kind souls have 2017 and 2018 past papers for Equity.
    TIA
    Gus

If you pm your email, I'll send them across :)

• Registered Users Posts: 18 jamesob123

EU

Hi guys

Would someone mind telling me what came up in EU last time round? My grid doesn't go up that far - sigh.

Thanks <3

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭lisac223

Hi guys,

Do you think I will be okay with the following:

AP Orders/Quia Timet/Interlocutory
    Constructive Trusts
    Purpose Trusts
    Charitable Trusts
    Constructive Trusts
    Resulting trusts (both automatic & presumed)
    Estoppel
    Rectification
    Three certainties
    Doc of satisfaction
    Trustees Duties

Leaving out tracing, secret trusts, rescission, Mareva and mandatory injunctions.

Is there anything ye think I should cover as well just in case?

Thank you! :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭sbbyrne

Hey,

Does anyone have the exam reports/sample answers for Equity 2017/2018? Thanks a mill!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 84 ✭✭Dliodoir2021

CASSIS DI DIJON

Can anyone tell me the relevance? I have a big mindmap done up and can't figure out which art to put it under!

If anyone needs stuff for equity let me know!

lisac223 wrote: »
    Hi guys,

Do you think I will be okay with the following:

AP Orders/Quia Timet/Interlocutory
    Constructive Trusts
    Purpose Trusts
    Charitable Trusts
    Constructive Trusts
    Resulting trusts (both automatic & presumed)
    Estoppel
    Rectification
    Three certainties
    Doc of satisfaction
    Trustees Duties

Leaving out tracing, secret trusts, rescission, Mareva and mandatory injunctions.

Is there anything ye think I should cover as well just in case?

Thank you! :-)

Looks good but maybe just know a few short topics like Strong v Bird, Advancement, Maxims in case there's one of those 3 part questions.

You can learn those really quickly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,328 ✭✭✭the baby bull elephant

Feel like this has been asked before, but how mad would it be to leave out all of Competition law? I'm really running out of time and I just can't get my head around any of EU :( struggling big time. I am planning on leaving out competition, mergers, state aids, private international law (whatever that even is).

I've also seen people refer to 'legislative procedures' - my manual doesn't have a chapter on that but what else would it include other than OLP and SLP?

It's not mad I'm doing it myself but it means you can't skip over stuff in the areas you are covering and that you're likely to be choosing your five from six questions, presuming you aren't doing the necessary detail for the case note.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement