Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FE1 Exam Thread (Read 1st post!) NOTICE: YOU MAY SWAP EXAM GRIDS

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 399 ✭✭Paleblood

Re Nuac - Ah, I see. That makes sense. Thanks for clarifying it for me.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

Lumi77 wrote: »
    I got it. Thanks a million.
    Tired at this stage. 😢😢

Glad that I could help for once instead of always just asking! :-)

I'm totally wrecked. My brain is fighting me at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭Lindyloo 1

Paleblood wrote: »
    I realise you're all in the thick of it right now but I'm looking ahead to my first sitting in September/October. I'm going to do a preparatory course with City Colleges because it's been four years since I graduated and I know from past experience that I need some sort of formal structure to my study.

Mod
    Sorry discussion of the various Colleges not allowed here

Finally, is it crazy attempting 6 subjects rather than 4?

Thanks.

It really depends on you're available time.
    I did my first lot last Oct sitting 4 with a prep course which started in June. (Same as you I was out of study mode for a long time).
    I found it quite challenging working full time. I passed 3 of them.
    Decided just to do 3 this sitting.
    All the best with it!

• Registered Users Posts: 38 HenryHodgson

Hi all,

Just one quick question;

What was the question on damages in the last Contract paper??

Frantically trying to cut down my revision!!

Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭Lumi77

Glad that I could help for once instead of always just asking! :-)

I'm totally wrecked. My brain is fighting me at this stage.

One more and rest....

• Advertisement

@Lindyloo 1

Sorry, I don't seem to be able to quote as a new user.

Thanks for that. Yeah I think 6 is a bit overambitious. I have a track record of struggling to get into a routine so perhaps I shouldn't get carried away with myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Anna27

Hi all,

Just one quick question;

What was the question on damages in the last Contract paper??

Frantically trying to cut down my revision!!

Thanks!
    It was on acceleration and penalty clauses. Hope that doesn't come up again!!

Anna27 wrote: »
    It was on acceleration and penalty clauses. Hope that doesn't come up again!!

Throwing those notes in the bin now as we speak!

Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 298 ✭✭FreeFallin94

Seriously nervous for tomorrow - I am quite scared that I won't know how to identify any of the issues :/

Anyone have any idea what is needed for this question on consideration / undue influence??

"Grogan v Cooke "if there be a fair and bona fide consideration, the court will not enter minutely into it, and see that it is full and ample" discuss the relationship between this principle and the law of Undue Influence"

I would not be able to answer that even though I know undue influence and consideration pretty well.

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭claiomh solais

Would anyone know the pass rate for contract?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭BASHBAG

Actually starting to seem like the more I read the less I know for contract.

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭Lindyloo 1

Seriously nervous for tomorrow - I am quite scared that I won't know how to identify any of the issues :/

Anyone have any idea what is needed for this question on consideration / undue influence??

"Grogan v Cooke "if there be a fair and bona fide consideration, the court will not enter minutely into it, and see that it is full and ample" discuss the relationship between this principle and the law of Undue Influence"

I would not be able to answer that even though I know undue influence and consideration pretty well.

Safer to steer clear of niche essay questions for contract.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 binkevii

BASHBAG wrote: »
    Actually starting to seem like the more I read the less I know for contract.

same here

• Registered Users Posts: 32 binkevii

I can't remember case names at all... only 5 for the exam!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 623 ✭✭✭smeal

What paper is that from? My God that question gives me the heebie jeebies! Where would you even start 😞

smeal wrote: »
    What paper is that from? My God that question gives me the heebie jeebies! Where would you even start 😞

I'm not sure of the paper - my friend sent it on to me asking if I knew anything about it. I obviously don't! Ya I wouldn't have a clue how to answer it. And undue influence is one of the topics I know well from the other exams so I'd hate for it to come up like that again!

I'm not sure of the paper - my friend sent it on to me asking if I knew anything about it. I obviously don't! Ya I wouldn't have a clue how to answer it. And undue influence is one of the topics I know well from the other exams so I'd hate for it to come up like that again!

I've frantically just looked back through almost ten years of papers to see if I can find it with the matching examiner's report but I don't see it on any of the papers haha maybe it was a mock question with one of the revision courses ☺

I've frantically just looked back through almost ten years of papers to see if I can find it with the matching examiner's report but I don't see it on any of the papers haha maybe it was a mock question with one of the revision courses ☺

God I hope so!! Hahaha sorry for the worry caused :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1 IAreScientists

It's March 2012, Q8(b). The examiner's report isn't terribly helpful: "Q8 (b) This question concerned the relationship between consideration and undue influence. Some candidates ignored the question asked and simply wrote down everything they knew about undue influence (or alternatively, wrote down everything they knew about consideration). In particular some candidates devoted most of their answer to a detailed discussion of cases such as Etridge relating to bank guarantees without clearly explaining why they were doing so or relating it to the question. Stronger candidates made a good attempt at explaining the relationship between the two doctrines."

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭Robbie25808

This is going to be a disaster i feel. 
    Is there much point learning consumer protection considering we can bring in the act?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 38 monroe89

This is going to be an unmitigated disaster. Leaving the whole thing to cram today wasn't my brightest idea. The exam reports just give me anxiety...
    And even at that, so wrecked that my concentration is failing entirely.

Well at least this time tomorrow there'll be no books!

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭BASHBAG

I take some solace in the fact that when I look around the exam hall tomorrow, at least I know I won't be the only one there who thinks they're absolutely f*****!!!!!

monroe89 wrote: »
    This is going to be an unmitigated disaster. Leaving the whole thing to cram today wasn't my brightest idea. The exam reports just give me anxiety...
    And even at that, so wrecked that my concentration is failing entirely.

Well at least this time tomorrow there'll be no books!

I tend to live the examiner reports aside few days before exams as I get extremely nervous and it's helped me for the last 3 exams.
    You probably better off not reading them.
    Good luck

BASHBAG wrote: »
    I take some solace in the fact that when I look around the exam hall tomorrow, at least I know I won't be the only one there who thinks they're absolutely f*****!!!!!

I won't open a book until August.... ☺☺☺

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 LegalLaaaaady

Have been studying contract all day and feel like I'm nowhere near prepared yet! Can anyone help a gal out at this hour and narrow the most important area of damages to learn? Thanks!!

Could anyone please tell me what the most important cases for Promissory Estoppel are, and their purpose??

Just in case it's needed for the Consideration question

Thank you!

Over over over

Lumi77 wrote: »
    Over over over

I think it was a fair paper and no hidden surprises despite the awful essay questions! I found myself pulling a lot from the Acts not sure if I had a lot of caselaw and was careful not to "case vomit" as she criticises in her reports when people do that

Well done everyone.

What topics came up?

• Advertisement

Could I ask at question 3 second part was it an exclusion clause or an implied term?
    Thanks

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement