Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FE1 Exam Thread (Read 1st post!) NOTICE: YOU MAY SWAP EXAM GRIDS

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12 kyliewyote7

Well done everyone - we made it!

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭claiomh solais

I think it was a fair paper too. I did Q1,2,3,6,7. Can't believe that's all 8 done. Don't know what to do with myself now. Thanks to everyone on this board for the help and communal support!

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭20029422

I think it was a fair paper too. I did Q1,2,3,6,7. Can't believe that's all 8 done. Don't know what to do with myself now. Thanks to everyone on this board for the help and communal support!

can I ask what topics you covered for question 7?

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Anna27

Thanks for everyone's help, tips and guidance on this forum the last few months. I don't know anyone sitting these exams so this has been a huge help and source of support during some tough study days!! Enjoy the fine weather and freedom. We deserve it!!

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭Lumi77

Can't believe how quiet it is around here...
    When do we reckon are the results out?
    Are they available online first before getting letter?
    Thank you and thank you to all of you for keeping me sane .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭Yoop

Lumi77 wrote: »
    Can't believe how quiet it is around here...
    When do we reckon are the results out?
    Are they available online first before getting letter?
    Thank you and thank you to all of you for keeping me sane .

Results will be out in six weeks. They're usually available online first and you get the letter a day or so later.

• Registered Users Posts: 36 castle123

Contract

This is driving me mad from the exam today. Q6 referencing certain contracts where it is a duty to exercise good faith.

Can that be answered looking at insurance contracts and the doctrine of utmost good faith?What I did

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Anna27

castle123 wrote: »
    Contract

This is driving me mad from the exam today. Q6 referencing certain contracts where it is a duty to exercise good faith.

Can that be answered looking at insurance contracts and the doctrine of utmost good faith?What I did
    Yes, that's a perfectly acceptable answer for this question. I mostly focused on the insurance element

• Registered Users Posts: 503 ✭✭✭thestar

Jumping the gun here a small bit but just wondering as to how difficult the PPC exams in blackhall are? If you pass the fe1s and get a training contract, is that the hardest part?

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭Yoop

thestar wrote: »
    Jumping the gun here a small bit but just wondering as to how difficult the PPC exams in blackhall are? If you pass the fe1s and get a training contract, is that the hardest part?

You might be better off asking on the Blackhall 2016 thread.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

From what I know from friends who are in have already gone through PPC, the exams are open book, more practical but easier.

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭laurenburne

I've been told by friends in blackhall and my firm that these exams are by far the biggest hurdle to get over.

I wonder sometimes do they know who is sitting last exams and due to go to blackhall. How many go through every year... so many were sitting the exam in red cow but I think it's only 400 or so I'm blackhall

I've been told by friends in blackhall and my firm that these exams are by far the biggest hurdle to get over.

I wonder sometimes do they know who is sitting last exams and due to go to blackhall. How many go through every year... so many were sitting the exam in red cow but I think it's only 400 or so I'm blackhall
    I wonder also is there many people with all 8 fe1s done and no training contract

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭laurenburne

20029422 wrote: »
    I wonder also is there many people with all 8 fe1s done and no training contract

I know a few actually. That's very tough

I know a few actually. That's very tough

do any of them go down a different road or what choices do they have,could have a degree and all fe1s done and be in the same position as before starting college.does anyone know if they moved away would there be hope for them then.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭Gunslinger92

Does anyone remember what dates the October 2016 sitting were?

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

Does anyone remember what dates the October 2016 sitting were?

3rd to 12th Oct was when someone posted here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 kousamahsi

If im attempting to do the exams in october, do you think I have enough time if I started a prep course in June?

Or should I just wait and start in March?

• Registered Users Posts: 300 ✭✭Leraf

kousamahsi wrote: »
    If im attempting to do the exams in october, do you think I have enough time if I started a prep course in June?

I felt I didnt have enough time between the end of the prep course and the start of the exams. I am sure others here felt they were fine with the timeline but it did not work for me at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 48 Snakeydoogey

What date are the march results out?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭the great communicator

kousamahsi wrote: »

You'll have loads of time, last sitting they were especially early but now you'll have three weeks or nearly 4 before the exams start if you do the prep course

• Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭Gunslinger92

What date are the march results out?

End of this month

• Registered Users Posts: 1 bmember123

Hi lads, anyone thinking the results might be out this coming Friday seeing as it's six Fridays after the last exam?

Probably more likely to be the following Friday if we're not notified by tomorrow would it?

bmember123 wrote: »
    Hi lads, anyone thinking the results might be out this coming Friday seeing as it's six Fridays after the last exam?

Probably more likely to be the following Friday if we're not notified by tomorrow would it?

I thought they were due out on the 28th

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Fe1 2017

Leraf wrote: »
    I thought they were due out on the 28th

The 28th is 6 weeks from the Friday of the last week of exams so that seems to make more sense.

Always seems like years pass between the exams and the results !

• Registered Users Posts: 12 kyliewyote7

Got an email this evening to confirm results are out 28th of April, lovely to get on a Friday evening as I was leaving work!

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭dinemo6

Got an email this evening to confirm results are out 28th of April, lovely to get on a Friday evening as I was leaving work!

Did anyone else get this email??? I didn't...

• Registered Users Posts: 298 ✭✭FreeFallin94

dinemo6 wrote: »

Check your junk mail folder - my email ended up there!

Anyone else having trouble logging in? I am fairly sure I am using the proper username (the ID number at the top of the letters the Law Soc sent me), along with the temporary password, but it's saying that my username or password is incorrect :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭Lumi77

dinemo6 wrote: »

In junk folder

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement