Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FE1 Exam Thread (Read 1st post!) NOTICE: YOU MAY SWAP EXAM GRIDS

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭HappyKitten62

Do we need to learn all of injunctions? There is a huge section in my manual on worldwide maerva injunctions. Can I leave this out?

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭HappyKitten62

eLawGirl wrote: »
    I'm about to order, is there any need to buy the exam papers + the examiner reports if the questions are included in the reports or would you need to purchase both to get the questions + feedback?

The questions are not included in the reports. Buy both

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭LawGirl3434

Anyone who has sat company - did they cut topics? Is it like EU in that a lot of people cut topics or should I make notes for the whole syllabus?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 Orson Swelled

Do we need to learn all of injunctions? There is a huge section in my manual on worldwide maerva injunctions. Can I leave this out?

You'd be stone wall mad to cut out anything from that chapter.

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭lisac223

I just sat equity in March and there was a question on Quia Timet injunctions. Since that question is quite rare I'd be leaving it out! It's only a few cases but it all helps! The rest are important though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭holliek

I'm so confused with the registration of property chapter, in particular the s72 part.. anyone able to shed some light?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,159 ✭✭✭yournerd

I have notes to swap if anyone is looking!

holliek wrote: »
    I'm so confused with the registration of property chapter, in particular the s72 part.. anyone able to shed some light?

PM me with your email address, I've some pretty good notes on that chapter :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,180 ✭✭✭Seziertisch

For anyone interested there is a seller on Adverts offering FE1 notes (lot of positive feedback, charging a reasonable amount).

Mod deletion

Mod
    Sorry - apart from exam grids pls do not use this forum to advertise courses nor notes etc

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭JohnsKite

For occupiers' liability, content wise, McMahon and Binchy seem heavily weighted toward the old common law history, but Quill is mostly OLA95, do I need to cover the older stuff, or should I just focus on the legislation? can't see it being useful for more than illustration in a problem question.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭Jenosul

Hey lads,

Anyone have exam grids or can tell me where I may get one?

I am braving Equity, Tort, Property and Criminal.

Thus far am Focusing on Criminal and Equity.
    Mainly injunctions, Undue Influence, Charitable Trusts and Trustees.
    Criminal:- Murder and Manslaughter, Property based offences, Sexual Offences, Non Fatal Offences and Defences.

I am trying to tip on as much as I can.

Any further tips would be much appreciated.

Hope everyones study is going well.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 41 JCreaghy

Jenosul wrote: »
    Hey lads,

Anyone have exam grids or can tell me where I may get one?

I am braving Equity, Tort, Property and Criminal.

Thus far am Focusing on Criminal and Equity.
    Mainly injunctions, Undue Influence, Charitable Trusts and Trustees.
    Criminal:- Murder and Manslaughter, Property based offences, Sexual Offences, Non Fatal Offences and Defences.

I am trying to tip on as much as I can.

Any further tips would be much appreciated.

Hope everyones study is going well.:)

I'm doing the exact same subjects but have neglected Tort ðŸ™႒ feel like I've spoilt my study schedule I planned yonks ago. Don't forget Actus Reus and Men's Rea for criminal and respect to Equity don't forget equity part of the subject like three certainties and that!

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭Jenosul

JCreaghy wrote: »
    I'm doing the exact same subjects but have neglected Tort ðŸ™႒ feel like I've spoilt my study schedule I planned yonks ago. Don't forget Actus Reus and Men's Rea for criminal and respect to Equity don't forget equity part of the subject like three certainties and that!

Thanks a mil for the tips JCreaghy. I have not started looking at Tort either. I am doing it second time around as I was short 4 marks. We have a bit of time left. We will be fine. Best of luck with the study.

Does anyone have notes on Free Movement of Goods or a mind map or something that they would be willing to share? I'm trying to make notes but there are so many points and exceptions I keep getting lost! Thank you :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭user115

Anyone have up to date Tort grid that includes March 2019 topics?

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭JohnsKite

what are grids, and how do i get them?

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭5mcdonag

I’m looking for grids for equity, property and contract. I’m happy to pay!

Does anyone know if you can write e.g. "Directors' duties" on the tabs you put on legislation? or can you literally just highlight and tab? Just wondering how the tabs are gonna help if you have a million colours to memorize lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 184 ✭✭Breacnua

lisac223 wrote: »
      Does anyone know if you can write e.g. "Directors' duties" on the tabs you put on legislation? or can you literally just highlight and tab? Just wondering how the tabs are gonna help if you have a million colours to memorize lol

No text allowed. Just tabs and highlighting.

1. Registered Users Posts: 2 fe1examtaker

Hi guys,

Anyone know what topics I should concentrate on for company??

2. Advertisement
    3. Registered Users Posts: 34 eLawGirl

I'm looking for up to date grids for Criminal, Contract, Equity and Property - where can I find them?

4. Registered Users Posts: 1 annasun

Hi Looking for constitutional and equity sample answers. Can swap for most other subjects! thanks

5. Registered Users Posts: 25 ciarocxcc

This is my second sitting coming up in Oct, passed my first 4 in March Have the next two months to study luckily, feeling a bit better about tort and criminal but very worried about constitutional and EU... are they as tough as people say?

6. Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭scooby321

ciarocxcc wrote: »
      This is my second sitting coming up in Oct, passed my first 4 in March Have the next two months to study luckily, feeling a bit better about tort and criminal but very worried about constitutional and EU... are they as tough as people say?

I am finding Equity to be much harder. I think EU and Constitutional are just much larger than the others but are not marked as hard as Equity or Contract.

7. Registered Users Posts: 36 luimneachabu73

Hello people.

Apologies if this has been asked before but I just began delving into these FE1s for the first time yesterday (Oct 1).

Is 8 weeks a reasonable amount of preparation time to pass 4 exams?
      I am fortunate that I don't have to work during this period.

Cheers!

8. Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭neon123

Hi Folks, can someone who studied EU give their thoughts on it? Its obviously one of the more voluminous courses but it seems from other threads its some what predictable (from what I read) and marked fairly. Was thinking of doing it instead of contract as it'll make up my first four, and Contract seems similar to Equity in terms of being marked toughly! Thanks for the help, and If anyone has a spare grid for me to review it would be much appreciated:)

9. Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭JohnsKite

Hello people.

Apologies if this has been asked before but I just began delving into these FE1s for the first time yesterday (Oct 1).

Is 8 weeks a reasonable amount of preparation time to pass 4 exams?
      I am fortunate that I don't have to work during this period.

Cheers!

8 weeks should be plenty. if you get your notes/reading/figuring-things-out done in 4, it gives you more than enough to memorise what you need.

10. Registered Users Posts: 1 Lumo

Hey guys

Would anyone have an up to date Tort exam grid that they could kindly send on? It would be much appreciated!

Thanks in advance!

11. Registered Users Posts: 4 jackbergin777

Heya does anyone have an up to date Comany grid/paper from last sitting ? I can swap materials for most other subjects! Thanks!

12. Advertisement
    13. Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭lisac223

EU LAW:

Would anyone be able to tell me the difference between the European Convention of Human Rights and the Charter of Fundamental Rights and Freedoms? I'm finding it so hard to tell them apart and which one is enforceable in Ireland etc.

TIA :-)

This discussion has been closed.
    Advertisement