Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FE1 Exam Thread (Read 1st post!) NOTICE: YOU MAY SWAP EXAM GRIDS

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Bassadd

holliek wrote: »
    thank you! so for this chapter would I be right in thinking that direct and indirect discrimination mainly come under art110(1)? And then distinctly and indistinctly applicable rules which mainly fall under art 34 and can be justified by art 36?

From my own notes Art 110 deals only with discriminatory taxation which would cover direct and indirect discrimination through tax.

Art 34 deals with MEQR's which can be distinctly or indistinctly applicable rules which are either directly or indirectly discriminatory. These can be justified under art 36

> All cases i have under art 110 deal with tax (c-21/79, Humblot, Chemical Farmacuetici)

> Cases under art 34 dont mention tax (Buy Irish Case, Dassonville, Cassis de Dijon, Keck)

I hope this makes sense!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 184 ✭✭Breacnua

CFeery wrote: »
    Succession = 2 questions on the paper
    Licences
    Co-Ownership
    Family

Succession
    Mortages
    Easments
    AP
    CO ownership
    Findings
    Land Reg
    Equity / rights residences
    family property

• Closed Accounts Posts: 184 ✭✭Breacnua

sbbyrne wrote: »
    What are peoples thoughts on Property? What are priority topics and what isn't as important? I'm beginning to panic - SOS :(

succession & AP are the anchor

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭holliek

Bassadd wrote: »
    From my own notes Art 110 deals only with discriminatory taxation which would cover direct and indirect discrimination through tax.

Art 34 deals with MEQR's which can be distinctly or indistinctly applicable rules which are either directly or indirectly discriminatory. These can be justified under art 36

> All cases i have under art 110 deal with tax (c-21/79, Humblot, Chemical Farmacuetici)

> Cases under art 34 dont mention tax (Buy Irish Case, Dassonville, Cassis de Dijon, Keck)

I hope this makes sense!

that's brilliant I get it now, thank you!!

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭law_struggles

Hello.

Does anyone have sample answers for Company / Constitutional / EU / Equity?

Thanks!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭user115

For people who sat tort, when answering questions do you go into all elements briefly for all problem questions citing causation and remoteness cases when answering cases on other topics like nuisance?

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭lisac223

Hi guys,

Random question but does your candidate number remain the same for all sittings? And do they send you out a letter 2 weeks before the exams for each sitting or only on your first one?

Thank you!

P.S. It is September on Sunday… yikes on a bike! Anyone else sweating yet?! *laughs nervously*

• Registered Users Posts: 586 ✭✭✭vid36

Your exam number differs for every exam so you will get the letter two weeks before with all the details.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,891 ✭✭✭iamanengine

Hey all, I will have all my notes done by Sunday I think. Would appreciate advice if I am covering enough or if I am missing anything important:

Property:
    Succession
    Adverse Possession
    Finding
    Registration
    Co-Ownership
    Mortgages
    Family Property
    Easements

Criminal
    Classification
    Actus Reus
    Mens Rea
    Sexual Offences
    Homicide
    Non-Fatal
    Property
    Procedure - Courts/Bail,Arrest,Detention/Presumption of Innocence/Right to Silence
    Defences
    Accomplices
    Inchoate

Contract
    Offer/Acceptance
    Consideration
    Estoppel
    Terms
    Discharge
    Exemption Clauses
    Consumer Protection
    Misrep
    Mistake
    Undue Influence/Duress
    Remedies

Tort - TBD

Am I covered? Would appreciate anyone's thoughts on this, cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 36 luimneachabu73

Anyone know what the topics were for Constitutional in Spring 2019?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16 Mr. JD

Anyone know what the topics were for Constitutional in Spring 2019?

This is only going by the exam grid, I haven't cross-referenced, but the below is what came up in March. I have an exam grid that I could send you if you want??

Q1 -problem question on international relations
    Q 2 - essay on fair procedures
    Q 3 - essay on referendum law/elections
    Q 4 - 4 case notes, pick two
    Q 5 - problem question on privacy
    Q 6 - problem unconstitutionally obtained evidence
    Q 7 - essay property
    Q 8 - problem question on religion

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭holliek

Hey all, I will have all my notes done by Sunday I think. Would appreciate advice if I am covering enough or if I am missing anything important:

Property:
    Succession
    Adverse Possession
    Finding
    Registration
    Co-Ownership
    Mortgages
    Family Property
    Easements

Criminal
    Classification
    Actus Reus
    Mens Rea
    Sexual Offences
    Homicide
    Non-Fatal
    Property
    Procedure - Courts/Bail,Arrest,Detention/Presumption of Innocence/Right to Silence
    Defences
    Accomplices
    Inchoate

Contract
    Offer/Acceptance
    Consideration
    Estoppel
    Terms
    Discharge
    Exemption Clauses
    Consumer Protection
    Misrep
    Mistake
    Undue Influence/Duress
    Remedies

Tort - TBD

Am I covered? Would appreciate anyone's thoughts on this, cheers.

Yeah you definitely seem set. I've done criminal and contract and you should be fine for those, you're doing all the important topics. I'm currently doing property and covering pretty similar topics to you.

Side note: what are you learning re easements? I just can't seem to get my head around them

• Registered Users Posts: 11 stressssedout

Hey,

Does anyone have a digital copy of a constitutional manual? I can offer a manual for any other subject or notes/samples answers/grids (not always super up to date)/ in return.

I have notes, I would just like to compare them to what is in the manual.

PM me

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭niamh1612

Does anybody know of any good property law books specifically regarding succession with lots of case law? Im finding it quite hard to find lots of case law on succession and looking at the examiner reports its one of the biggest downfalls from students?

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Olliepollie

To my fellow Constitutional law takers; what do you think the are chances of Constitutional Interpretation coming up? Trying to cut as much as possible! Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Dj23

Does anyone have up to date constitutional, contract or equity grids?

Also, wondering whether people think a question on parliamentary privilege and it's justiciability could be likely on constitutional, given the supreme court rulings in the Kerins and O'Brien cases?

Cheers!

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Olliepollie

Dj23 wrote: »
    Does anyone have up to date constitutional, contract or equity grids?

Also, wondering whether people think a question on parliamentary privilege and it's justiciability could be likely on constitutional, given the supreme court rulings in the Kerins and O'Brien cases?

Cheers!

I can't answer your question but I have the Con Law grid if you want it! I'll email it to you if you want to dm me your email address :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Silence88

Hi

Does anyone have sample answers for EU? Can swap for notes on all subjects

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭Smiley283

Would it be foolish to leave out MEQR for the EU exam?

• Registered Users Posts: 36 luimneachabu73

I'm finding Constitutional very confusing!

Feels like every topic is overlapping with another topic?

Can anyone recommend a plan / predictions on how they're going to tackle it?

Cheers!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭JCormac

Would anyone happen to have a (relatively) up to date grid for Company?

I can swap an EU or Contract one! (They only go up to Oct 2018 though - Apologies!)

• Registered Users Posts: 37 CiaraND16

Does anyone know what Q1 March 2018 tort was about? It says on the grid there was a nuisance question but I can't see it :(

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭lisac223

Company

Would anyone have an essay/summary of the main changes brought about by the 2014 Act? I think I have most of them but I just want to make sure. I can swap for grids/notes/sample answers for all other subjects.

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭user115

CiaraND16 wrote: »
    Does anyone know what Q1 March 2018 tort was about? It says on the grid there was a nuisance question but I can't see it :(

Nuisance wasn't on in that sitting, grid must be wrong, I checked the examiner report as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 User449

lisac223 wrote: »
    Company

Would anyone have an essay/summary of the main changes brought about by the 2014 Act? I think I have most of them but I just want to make sure. I can swap for grids/notes/sample answers for all other subjects.

Hey. I have Sample Answers for Company that I can send on. Pm me with your email address

• Registered Users Posts: 37 CiaraND16

user115 wrote: »
    Nuisance wasn't on in that sitting, grid must be wrong, I checked the examiner report as well.

Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭HappyKitten62

Hi guys

How do you know what cases to prepare for case note q in EU?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,891 ✭✭✭iamanengine

holliek wrote: »
    Yeah you definitely seem set. I've done criminal and contract and you should be fine for those, you're doing all the important topics. I'm currently doing property and covering pretty similar topics to you.

Side note: what are you learning re easements? I just can't seem to get my head around them

To put it very simply - Characteristics, Acquisition and Types.

Is there anything you specifically can't get your head around?

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭LawGirl3434

Hi all,

Could anyone advise me as to if I am covered for equity with the below? Additionally, if anyone thinks there's anything there I could cut please do not hesitate to let me know :)

Injunctions (may exclude quia timet as was up last sitting)
    Specific Performance
    Rectification and Recision
    Estoppel
    Secret and half secret trusts
    Charitable Trusts
    Resulting Trusts
    Constructive Trusts
    Administration of Trusts (creating, formalities, 3 certainties, etc)
    Tracing

Many thanks in advance :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭nimcdona

I'm finding Constitutional very confusing!

Feels like every topic is overlapping with another topic?

Can anyone recommend a plan / predictions on how they're going to tackle it?

Cheers!

I'm in the same boat as you at the moment

Such a big course as well

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement