Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FE1 Exam Thread (Read 1st post!) NOTICE: YOU MAY SWAP EXAM GRIDS

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭niamh1612

not even at memorizing stage- v stressed

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭HappyKitten62

niamh1612 wrote: »
    not even at memorizing stage- v stressed

I feel you 😰

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭LawGirl3434

I feel you 😰

Personally think it’s far too early to be memorizing, gave myself 10 days last time and that was absolutely more than enough so really wouldn’t worry :)

Personally think it’s far too early to be memorizing, gave myself 10 days last time and that was absolutely more than enough so really wouldn’t worry :)

Really? I see your point because it’s all short term memory isn’t it. I guess I just feel like there’s a LOT of info and not a lot of time. Maybe I should do some academic commentary

• Registered Users Posts: 47 starfishxxo

Really? I see your point because it’s all short term memory isn’t it. I guess I just feel like there’s a LOT of info and not a lot of time. Maybe I should do some academic commentary

I'm the same. I got very stressed last sitting that I just wasn't retaining the case names etc, but actually it took the adrenaline rush of the last 10 days to really commit it to memory.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭Daly29

Personal approach is still working on getting notes in order so they are good enough to answer enough topics well. Have done a rough version in each subject, now going back and structuring my notes better (on subject 2/5 now) and finally in the last 10 days or so memorize. The structuring of my notes I'm hoping I retain some, so when it comes to memorising it is already there. There's still time. Whatever you are doing, be it exam questions, writing notes, etc my advice would be have some way of remembering that area and mindfully do it as best you can so hopefully a lot of the memorizing is already there. My notes look a bit weird sometimes. Surname might have the same surname as a person or something. E.g - AG v Dwyer [1972] (Dwyers halfway house chipper). That's just me.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,891 ✭✭✭iamanengine

holliek wrote: »
    I have typed out characteristics and acquisition, however all I understand on acquisition by prescription is that the period is now reduced to 12 years since 2009? Also what do you mean by types - I have nothing on that at all!

For types I just have some brief notes on Right of Way/Right to Support/Protection from Wind and Weather and Right to Light.

I can send you my notes if you would like!

What are people covering for Tort?

I failed it last year, got stung badly because I didn't cover some of the topics which come up less often, so I'm eager to make sure that doesn't happen again!

I get you and I was the exact same in my last sitting. I find doing past papers again and again (try to go back about 9/10 sittings) will help the learning even though you're using your notes.

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭niamh1612

mnemonics got me through university case law. Hoping it will save me in these also!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26 ahona

Is there any "Law Firm Milkrounds 2019" group already out there? Are people applying already or waiting for the exams to get over?

I get you and I was the exact same in my last sitting. I find doing past papers again and again (try to go back about 9/10 sittings) will help the learning even though you're using your notes.

Great idea. Need to stop being scared of past papers!!!!!

Great idea. Need to stop being scared of past papers!!!!!

100%! Remember as well - examiners report is by no means an exhaustive list, so don't panic if you go through it to correct yourself and have totally different cases and points. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 48 Snakeydoogey

Greetings to all my Fe1 brothers and sisters,.
    Has everyone received confirmation of their application for October and their exam number? I sent my application by Dx before I went on holiday but have heard nothing back.
    I have emailed the Fe1 section of the law society three times but replying to my emails does not appear to be high on their list of priorities at the moment Thanks in advance.

Greetings to all my Fe1 brothers and sisters,.
    Has everyone received confirmation of their application for October and their exam number? I sent my application by Dx before I went on holiday but have heard nothing back.
    I have emailed the Fe1 section of the law society three times but replying to my emails does not appear to be high on their list of priorities at the moment Thanks in advance.

I found ringing them was the best way to get in contact.

I got payment confirmation in August. I think the exam number comes closer to the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 48 Snakeydoogey

I found ringing them was the best way to get in contact.

I got payment confirmation in August. I think the exam number comes closer to the time.

Many thanks

100%! Remember as well - examiners report is by no means an exhaustive list, so don't panic if you go through it to correct yourself and have totally different cases and points. :)

Omg this is so helpful because I noticed my case law was totally different! Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Amanda226

Hi all, just wondering what topics people are covering for EU and Constitutional? First time ever doing these subjects so just want to make sure I’ve covered the important topics, thanks! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 36 luimneachabu73

Any kind soul have sample answers for EU?

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭user115

Hey i saw on here before that you can register late for exams, I've already registered for 1 I want to sit and was iffy about another but I think I'm just going to Reg and do it, if I send it in Monday do you think they will accept it? Has anyone else done this recently?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭OMGWACA

Hey, i'm sitting Company and nothing is making sense and I am panicking so badly. I did a prep course and am relying on the predictions the lecturer gave but would be so super appreciative if anyone could help me out with some sample answers please? really stuggling to put answers together etc as I really don't feel like I actually understand the topics!

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭Daly29

Anyone got condescend notes on EU/Criminal they are willing to swap? My notes are a bit thin. Happy to share material from other subjects.

• Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭jus_me

OMGWACA wrote: »
    Hey, i'm sitting Company and nothing is making sense and I am panicking so badly. I did a prep course and am relying on the predictions the lecturer gave but would be so super appreciative if anyone could help me out with some sample answers please? really stuggling to put answers together etc as I really don't feel like I actually understand the topics!

I don’t have much but have some sample answers! Private message me!

• Registered Users Posts: 18 lawyersuffolk

Does anyone have any notes they're using to study or used in last sitting for EU, Tort or Contract?? Can swap notes for Criminal, Equity and Property.

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭lisac223

OMGWACA wrote: »

I have some! I PM'd you there send me on your email address :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 10 ronan.albert

Hi guys,

Would anyone have a copy of the March 2019 Company Law Examiner's Report?

Thanks a lot,
    Ronan

Hi guys,

Would anyone have a copy of the March 2019 Company Law Examiner's Report?

Thanks a lot,
    Ronan

I have the report in hard copy - I don't have access to a scanner right now but can take pictures and send that on if you want to PM your email address

Hey guys,
    I'm looking for grids for EU, Constitutional and Company if anyone can help me out please?!

Happy to swap if there are any materials I can give in return :)

Company people:

Has anyone worked through autumn 2015 paper? Have a few Qs would like to check with people in terms of approach

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭lisac223

Company

Hi All,

Does anyone have any predictions or advice for company? His report from March was so harsh I want to be sure I cover enough to not get stuck having a go at dividends or another question he hasn't asked since before 2013!

Thank you :-)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement