Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FE1 Exam Thread (Read 1st post!) NOTICE: YOU MAY SWAP EXAM GRIDS

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Mr. JD

Daly29 wrote: »
    Hopefully this person's breakdown is a little help.

that's unreal! thanks so much for that!!

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,726 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

You're welcome! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 17 cowboy123456

Hi,
    Does anybody have a relatively up to date grid for tort by any chance please?

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭Daly29

Still trying to fix up notes for the subjects I am doing.
    Hoping to have them done for around the 20th .
    Then to go back and rote learn for a few days,
    then do some papers and more rote learning.
    I have tried to build my notes with exam qs in mind, making sure that they cover the areas asked on that topic, so hoping by the time I get to applying my learned notes to exam papers I should be in good shape.

Topics I am covering in EU:

Eu Institutions
    General Principles of EU law
    Direct effect/ Member State Liability
    Annulment Action Art 263
    Quotas and MEQR's & Discriminatory Taxation
    Free Movement of Persons
    EU Citizenship
    Abuse of Dominance - Art 102
    State Aid
    Employment Equality
    Case Notes – Not sure if I'll have time to cover cases I think might repeat themselves.

Any input on any of the above feel free :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭JohnsKite

Are there any good podcasts/audio tutorials people can recommend? need something to listen to in the gym.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭Daly29

JohnsKite wrote: »
    Are there any good podcasts/audio tutorials people can recommend? need something to listen to in the gym.

If you check out Law Hero on YouTube. She has videos. Didn't see any podcasts tho.

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭LawGirl3434

Would any kind soul be able to explain to me how the application of art 106 works in practice? Essentially, you need to have breached 101 before it can be breached? How would you go about answering a Q on it (how far into 101/2 would you go)

Super confused! Any help would be really appreciated :)

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭OMGWACA

Hey, looking for sample answer on the institutions for EU, just obviously there's a lot of information and want to be clear and concise on what I want to get down into the answer please and thank you! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 Mr. Arkadin

Hear ye, hear ye! For those of you that are worried you're running out of time, know this - I've only started studying. What's more, I intend on passing my fifth and sixth, which would leave me on the home stretch after Christmas. Do not go gentle into that good night. Grab the bastards by the bollocks and show 'em where you're from!

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Silence88

Hey guys.

Has anyone got any advice for Company? I'm aware that the pass rate for it is generally on the low side so just looking for tips from people who have passed it.

Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭HappyKitten62

Hear ye, hear ye! For those of you that are worried you're running out of time, know this - I've only started studying. What's more, I intend on passing my fifth and sixth, which would leave me on the home stretch after Christmas. Do not go gentle into that good night. Grab the bastards by the bollocks and show 'em where you're from!

Have you only started notes?

Have you only started notes?

Yep. Last year I passed four with about 6 weeks of evenings and weekends. This year I've just over 3 weeks to get two of them nailed down.

The problem is I'm now doing the lengthier Constitutional and I've only a couple of days booked off work (I had a week last year).

So I'm up against it for sure. But there's no pressure. I work in a small commercial firm and my training contract is waiting for me whenever I finish them, so I've nothing to lose. Still, it would be great to start Blackhall next year.

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭niamh1612

CiaraND16 wrote: »
    I've just started equity, does that mean you're not doing any other trusts? Ie. Resulting, constructive, express, secret etc?

Really not sure how many topics to study for equity.
    No im not doing the others. Im learning an essay on CyPres doctrine as well. If your only starting equity now I would advise you leave those out. Theyre less likely than the other topics in my opinion.

CiaranS93 wrote: »
    Literally doing the exact same so hoping that the paper is kind.
    Great thats reassuring!

• Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭jewels652

Hi I am looking for predictions for equity and company please

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭plee

Hi all. New here. Doing company / constitutional and contract for first time - hope I will survive

I am looking where to buy companies act
    https://www.bloomsburyprofessional.com/ie/companies-act-2014-2018-edition-9781526509222/

Is this the correct version ? It’s 115 euro including post ?

Also - we need to buy the sale of goods etc ? We cannot download ?

jewels652 wrote: »
    Hi I am looking for predictions for equity and company please
    Equity:
    1) Injunctions**
    2) Charitable, Non charitable purpose trusts and CyPres**
    3) Three Certainties
    4) Prop. Estoppel
    5) Tracing
    6) Note Question (all prev notes, Strong v Bird, Satistfaction, Re Hastings etc.)

• Registered Users Posts: 26 ucdlaw_2018

Are people studying examinership for company? It came up last sitting but has been in the news a lot.

Any company predictions?

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭scooby321

Would anyone have their exam script from equity where the examiner has marked questions with 10 or more? My last two papers I only have one question where I got 11 marks, all the rest were below and I don't know if it's my formatting or what. I would love if someone could share a sample answer or something because I'm worried it will happen again :(

Could anyone suggest the bare minimum topics to cover in contract? Really struggling because 2/3 topics can come up in one question, my cutting corners tactic isn't working for this module....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭Louis Litt

Yep. Last year I passed four with about 6 weeks of evenings and weekends. This year I've just over 3 weeks to get two of them nailed down.

The problem is I'm now doing the lengthier Constitutional and I've only a couple of days booked off work (I had a week last year).

So I'm up against it for sure. But there's no pressure. I work in a small commercial firm and my training contract is waiting for me whenever I finish them, so I've nothing to lose. Still, it would be great to start Blackhall next year.
    Hey,
    Can I ask what level of detail you went into to get the pass in the 4 exams? On average what lenght of answer were you doing and how much case law/legislation was in each answer?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭LawGirl3434

niamh1612 wrote: »
    Equity:
    1) Injunctions**
    2) Charitable, Non charitable purpose trusts and CyPres**
    3) Three Certainties
    4) Prop. Estoppel
    5) Tracing
    6) Note Question (all prev notes, Strong v Bird, Satistfaction, Re Hastings etc.)

I’m a bit worried about predicting note question too much - last sitting she threw in some absolute random ones, I imagine she will again :/

• Registered Users Posts: 47 starfishxxo

Hey guys, can anyone help me out with q 5 and 8 in the March Constitutional paper - which topics are concerned?

Thanks in advance :)

I’m a bit worried about predicting note question too much - last sitting she threw in some absolute random ones, I imagine she will again :/
    Good point I know what you mean. I would have been covered in last years random note by non charitable trusts so just hoping and praying even if its one not asked before its within my six!

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭HappyKitten62

Guys if I fail these exams say in both sittings what happens to a training contract? Does it terminate?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 184 ✭✭Breacnua

niamh1612 wrote: »
    Could anyone suggest the bare minimum topics to cover in contract? Really struggling because 2/3 topics can come up in one question, my cutting corners tactic isn't working for this module....

very hard to cut out but there are topics that I wont cover in detail where i could write a long essay on for eg capacity but if it is part of a PQ id be sorted.

Theres very little that can be left out. mixing Q's makes it hard and there is always one random essay Q

• Closed Accounts Posts: 184 ✭✭Breacnua

Louis Litt wrote: »
    Hey,
    Can I ask what level of detail you went into to get the pass in the 4 exams? On average what lenght of answer were you doing and how much case law/legislation was in each answer?

Thanks

This is like asking how long is a piece of string. There is no concrete ans, somtimes 3 pages of structure and hitting nail on head will get alot more than 6 pages of writing with the ans mixed in somewhere.

Reports give an idea what each examiner are looking for so look at these along side studying.

• Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭saraocallaghan

Guys if I fail these exams say in both sittings what happens to a training contract? Does it terminate?

It would depend on the terms of your training contract. You need to look at them and talk to your potential training solicitor and see what the firm’s view is.

• Registered Users Posts: 36 luimneachabu73

Anybody have a sample answer for the Equity question where the nephew works on the farm?

Thank you!!! :)

• Advertisement

Louis Litt wrote: »
    Hey,

Thanks

On average, per question it's about 5 authorities and 3 or 4 pages of writing. But I do not waffle, not even a little bit. I answer the question that's asked, I apply (not just mention) every piece of relevant law that I can think of and then wrap it up with a concluding paragraph. Some of my answers were very bare bones but my nuts and bolts approach has worked so far.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement