Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FE1 Exam Thread (Read 1st post!) NOTICE: YOU MAY SWAP EXAM GRIDS

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 Rainbow25

Does anyone have the EU paper from March 2019 or even just which topics came up? Trying to figure out what can be left out and struggling!

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭ahhhhhFE1s

Rainbow25 wrote: »
    Does anyone have the EU paper from March 2019 or even just which topics came up? Trying to figure out what can be left out and struggling!

March 2019
    1. Essay on Institutions
    2. Direct Effect/MS Liability PQ
    3. Judicial Review Essay
    4. FMG PQ on Art 34
    5. FM Workers Art 45 PQ
    6. Essay on Human Rights
    7. Case Notes
    8. Mergers Essay

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭Smiley283

Where do we buy legislation for the EU exam?

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭DUMSURFER

CiaraND16 wrote: »
    Just Pm'd you

Hey, thanks for taking interest but I don't think your pm sent :(

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭DUMSURFER

Do people think this enough for Tort. Doing it all alone for the first time so any glaring omissions that people can point out or even mere suggestions people have on what looks good and what I should consider adding or replacing and if I'm wasting my time with anything there (considering time is limited), would be greatly appreciated!

- DOC & SOC
    - Causation & Remoteness of Damage
    - Concurrent Wrongdoers. joint & several tortfeasors
    - Product Liability
    - Employers Liability
    - Vicarious Liability
    - Defamation
    - Occupiers Liability
    - Professional Negligence
    - Trespass to the Person

Also does anyone have the Examiner Report for Spring 2019? I have the exam paper but would love to read what was actually said on it to see if I'm wasting my time with some of these topics. Thanks again

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23 Coleman101

Hi guys, does anyone have contract and Tort paper for March 2019? Or what topics came up?

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭holliek

Anyone able to explain finding, in particular the treasure trove. Don't really get it. Also does Webb v Ire come under the heading finding by a trespasser as they only had permission to look at the site..

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭LawGirl3434

Could anyone shed some light on duties of trustees?

Have duty to properly exercise discretion, not to profit from trust, purchase of trust property, duty to invest, duty to safeguard assets (seems to mainly concern litigation) and duty not to delegate duties

Am i missing any key? Have checked 2 manuals, but when going through questions feel leaves me a bit short - how do you answer on a trustee not taking any part in management of trust?

Also does anyone have any cases/ references for remedies for breach? All I have is 1893 act, and about 3 cases.

Feels like I'm missing a lot of key stuff!

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Silence88

Has anyone got recent sample answers for EU? Can swap for notes, Past papers/reports or grids for all subjects

• Registered Users Posts: 3,891 ✭✭✭iamanengine

holliek wrote: »
    Anyone able to explain finding, in particular the treasure trove. Don't really get it. Also does Webb v Ire come under the heading finding by a trespasser as they only had permission to look at the site..

Finding is split into things found above the land and below the land.

General rule is that the landowner has a right to anything below the land, however Treasure Trove is an exception. This relates to objects of historical value/archaeological value and the State is the rightful owner for such objects. Webb found the Derrynaflan horde but was trespassing once he used the metal detector and dug into the ground. The State claimed it and Webb received compensation on the basis of legitimate expectation as the National Museum had promised to pay him for it.

In light of that case the legislature enacted The National Monuments (Amendment) Act 1994 which codified the rules for Treasure Trove. Relevant sections I have in my notes are S.2, 5 and 10.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭law_struggles

Anyone have sample answers for Equity by chance? Looking for sample answers for Charities in particular at the moment.

Thank you! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭rightytighty

For contract, would the below be sufficient?

Offer + Acceptance
    Consideration
    Estoppel
    Terms
    Exemption Clauses
    Consumer Protection
    Misrepresentation
    Discharge
    Remedies

Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Amanda226

Hi all, just wondering are people covering separation of powers for Constitutional or would you be ok to leave it out? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭niamh1612

For contract, would the below be sufficient?

Offer + Acceptance
    Consideration
    Estoppel
    Terms
    Exemption Clauses
    Consumer Protection
    Misrepresentation
    Discharge
    Remedies

Thanks!

I'd add mistake if your doing misrep😊

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭lisac223

Contract

Can some kind soul please shed some light!

This question has been bugging me for so long... for October 2016 Q4, why is the first issue "whether there was a long-term contract between Max and Gruff Ltd or merely a series of individual sales contracts"? Does this come under entire agreements in Performance (discharge of contracts) or am I missing something? I understand the other issues in this question just that one sentence is evading me.

Please help a gal out if you can! :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,891 ✭✭✭iamanengine

lisac223 wrote: »
    Contract

Can some kind soul please shed some light!

This question has been bugging me for so long... for October 2016 Q4, why is the first issue "whether there was a long-term contract between Max and Gruff Ltd or merely a series of individual sales contracts"? Does this come under entire agreements in Performance (discharge of contracts) or am I missing something? I understand the other issues in this question just that one sentence is evading me.

Please help a gal out if you can! :-)

Had a quick look, I'm thinking that if it is a long term contract he might be in breach whereas if they are individual contracts for each sale he would be free to order elsewhere. So you would be talking about whether there was an implied contract through course of dealings.

I haven't started revising Contract yet though so I can't be sure!

• Registered Users Posts: 37 CiaraND16

*Equity*

Does anyone think there’s a chance of a mareva injunction problem question coming up? Has that ever happened?

CiaraND16 wrote: »
    *Equity*

Does anyone think there’s a chance of a mareva injunction problem question coming up? Has that ever happened?

I was thinking this, but I wonder would it be hard to do in that would half of us argue it was justifiable for an Anton Pillar order. I feel she likes asking it as an essay because she can be a bit more specific - in a problem Q, all your could really talk about it risk of dissipating the assets and if there is a good case, which is really a question for a judge and not an FE1 student :P

That's just my thoughts anyway! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Niamh O Brien

hello everyone,

I was wondering would anyone be as kind to share the predictions from the City College/ Independent College courses for EU, Equity, Property or Criminal. I heard they are normally pretty accurate and I would love some direction for the last few weeks.

Can swap notes/ grids/ samples etc for the above subject and Company :)

Thanks

hello everyone,

I was wondering would anyone be as kind to share the predictions from the City College/ Independent College courses for EU, Equity, Property or Criminal. I heard they are normally pretty accurate and I would love some direction for the last few weeks.

Can swap notes/ grids/ samples etc for the above subject and Company :)

Thanks

Hi, I am only doing EU from your above subjects this time around but my lecturer said this:

The most important topics are (in order of priority):
    Judicial Review, FMG, FMW/Citizenship, DE of Directives, General Principles, Competition Law and Equality Law.

Hope that helps :-)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭sbbyrne

Hey!
    Does anyone have an EU grid they'd be willing to share? I dont have any grids to swap but i have notes etc :)

Constitutional

This subject is so massive! Is anyone cutting anything? Feeling so overwhelmed that any little bit I could cut would help :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭holliek

anyone have predictions for tort or property?

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭Reya10

Amanda226 wrote: »
    Hi all, just wondering are people covering separation of powers for Constitutional or would you be ok to leave it out? Thanks

It's basically a guaranteed question, I wouldn't leave it out. It's also relevant for understanding lots of the other topics/case law.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Olliepollie

Company

Hi! With regards to the 5 reforms of the 2014 Act question does anyone know how much case law needs to be included? I assume it is okay for your answer to heavily rest on the legislative changes.

Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭JCormac

Are people studying examinership for company? It came up last sitting but has been in the news a lot.

Any company predictions?

I haven't looked at it as it came up last sitting.

I've a feeling about Receivership but haven't anything solid to base it on tbh. :confused:

Hoping for a Problem Q on Directors Duties along with a Q Restriction of Directors as it didn't come up last sitting!

Also, Transfer of Shares possibly.

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭JCormac

Company

Hi! With regards to the 5 reforms of the 2014 Act question does anyone know how much case law needs to be included? I assume it is okay for your answer to heavily rest on the legislative changes.

Thanks!

I can imagine a couple of cases demonstrating the newly incorporated (4?) Categories of Offences in action would be handy.

Possibly a case revolving around a Company still using the default/template M&A as per Table A of the old Act maybe, though there mightn't even be any cases on that area as I'd imagine it isn't overly controversial.

JCormac wrote: »
    I can imagine a couple of cases demonstrating the newly incorporated (4?) Categories of Offences in action would be handy.

Possibly a case revolving around a Company still using the default/template M&A as per Table A of the old Act maybe, though there mightn't even be any cases on that area as I'd imagine it isn't overly controversial.

Think overall wouldn’t need many cases in this question - as you said, primarily focusing on the act. Would be impressive to be able to give the CA63/ 90 reference to what CA14 changed or updated but hardly worth the effort in my opinion.

Otherwise I just have a few cases for SAP, a few for directors duties, and 3 for ultra vires. Also a lot of Courtney reference as let’s face it he’ll be delighted to hear how knowledgeable he is!

Wouldn’t waste a massive amount of time stressing about this Q. Personally (and I know one of the grind schools predicted it) but I just think it’s moot at this point. Think more likely to give us a Q on SLP from that side of the course.

Just my two cents! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Amanda226

Ok thanks for that! Would all sections be relevant or is one part more important then the other? Just such a huge topic!
    Reya10 wrote: »

It's basically a guaranteed question, I wouldn't leave it out. It's also relevant for understanding lots of the other topics/case law.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭Reya10

Ok thanks for that! Would all sections be relevant or is one part more important then the other? Just such a huge topic!

I'd honestly say just try do all of it, especially if you aren't prepping for the case note q like most people, but if you run out of time at the very least have a brief general overview of the functions/powers of the 3 organs, the non-delegation doctrine and exercise of judicial powers by tribunals etc.

Just my two cents, the non-delegation doctrine did come up last sitting so maybe less likely this time!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement