Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FE1 Exam Thread (Read 1st post!) NOTICE: YOU MAY SWAP EXAM GRIDS

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Amanda226

Reya10 wrote: »
    Amanda226 wrote: »
    Ok thanks for that! Would all sections be relevant or is one part more important then the other? Just such a huge topic!

I'd honestly say just try do all of it, especially if you aren't prepping for the case note q like most people, but if you run out of time at the very least have a brief general overview of the functions/powers of the 3 organs, the non-delegation doctrine and exercise of judicial powers by tribunals etc.

Just my two cents, the non-delegation doctrine did come up last sitting so maybe less likely this time!

Perfect thanks so much for your help!

• Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭rightytighty

Getting a bit nervous for constitutional, thinking of going with the following unless anyone can suggest it’s not enough?

Judicial Review
    Seperation of Powers
    38.1 and Due Course of Law
    Personal Rights
    Property Rights
    Freedom of Expression, Assembly, Association
    Family & Education
    The Courts
    The Executive (probably just cabinet confidentiality)

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 2 User449

Hey guys

Would anyone have Company notes on Receivership/Examinership that they would be willing to send on? I haven't prepared notes for them but thinking of picking up one as an extra topic just to be safe.

Can swap for materials on all subjects

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭plee

Any info on lawhero site and notes - solicitor there seems to know her stuff. Any feedback

Mod
    Pls do not use this forum for advertising nor for discussing any particular material

• Closed Accounts Posts: 184 ✭✭Breacnua

plee wrote: »
    Any info on lawhero site and notes - solicitor there seems to know her stuff. Any feedback

Was disappointed with her set of notes. Very Vague and short. Videos are good.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭LawGirl3434

User449 wrote: »
    Hey guys

Would anyone have Company notes on Receivership/Examinership that they would be willing to send on? I haven't prepared notes for them but thinking of picking up one as an extra topic just to be safe.

Can swap for materials on all subjects

Thanks

Examinership was up last sitting and it’s quite rare so I’d go with receivership :)

• Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭rightytighty

Breacnua wrote: »
    Was disappointed with her set of notes. Very Vague and short. Videos are good.

Equity notes weren’t great at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭user115

Can you get the companies act 2014 in easons? Is it expensive?

user115 wrote: »

It’s about €100 I think. I got mine in Hodges Figgs because they do 10% student discount. Worth asking any friends if they have a spare or anyone not doing company this sitting for sure

• Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭Tony_TwoLegs

user115 wrote: »

I, and 2 others from my BCL, just went in sans-legislation and passed no bother. Save your money. Learn the key sections. It doesn't have to be verbatim to pass. It's more KNOWING how to apply it than rattle it off.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭JCormac

For company,

Would it be worth studying Directors liability on insolvency for the debts of their company (Fraudulant and reckless trading) in the hope that a full problem question comes up on it? (Eg. Q4 Oct 2018)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,891 ✭✭✭iamanengine

Rote learning begins today...the horror

Rote learning begins today...the horror

snap

how many u doing

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Olliepollie

Company:

In the context of the 4 step test in Corporate Authority... Step 4 talks about the capacity of the company as set out in the Memo & Arts of the company and more specifically the objects clause, am I to assume that my manual just hasn't been updated and it also encompasses the Constitution for LTDs, or is corporate capacity just for DACs etc now?

Breacnua wrote: »
    snap

how many u doing

4. Tort, Property, Criminal and Contract. You?

I have already gone over most of the topics a couple times so it should be relatively alright to jam cases into my brain as I'm already fairly familiar with the content. Here's hoping!

4. Tort, Property, Criminal and Contract. You?

I have already gone over most of the topics a couple times so it should be relatively alright to jam cases into my brain as I'm already fairly familiar with the content. Here's hoping!

criminal property and contract

roll on Oct 9th

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭JohnsKite

I, and 2 others from my BCL, just went in sans-legislation and passed no bother. Save your money. Learn the key sections. It doesn't have to be verbatim to pass. It's more KNOWING how to apply it than rattle it off.

this a really good point, you won't win any marks for transcribing legislation. all you need is to know the relevant sections and what they're for.

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭Daly29

JohnsKite wrote: »
    this a really good point, you won't win any marks for transcribing legislation. all you need is to know the relevant sections and what they're for.

Personally I'd feel more comfortable with the Act with me in the exam and tabbed. For all the hours put in I'd try and help myself wherever needed. That's just me though, I'm sure others would do as well without it.

Daly29 wrote: »
    Personally I'd feel more comfortable with the Act with me in the exam and tabbed. For all the hours put in I'd try and help myself wherever needed. That's just me though, I'm sure others would do as well without it.

I agree! Everyone I've spoken who sat company said it was invaluable, just in case you drew a total mental blank you could go to the act, find the relevant provisions and kick start your brain! Everyone is different but I think in general, better to have it than to not! :D

I agree! Everyone I've spoken who sat company said it was invaluable, just in case you drew a total mental blank you could go to the act, find the relevant provisions and kick start your brain! Everyone is different but I think in general, better to have it than to not! :D

100% agree with this - one of my friends this exact thing happened to her, blanked on her fifth question so literally wrote out one A4 copied word from word from the act and she passed, saved her paper. Important to remember in a statute based exam statutory references are nearly as if not equally valuable to case law

• Advertisement

Company:

In the context of the 4 step test in Corporate Authority... Step 4 talks about the capacity of the company as set out in the Memo & Arts of the company and more specifically the objects clause, am I to assume that my manual just hasn't been updated and it also encompasses the Constitution for LTDs, or is corporate capacity just for DACs etc now?

I think step 4 would be totally not relevant for ltds anymore so that’s what your manual is getting at? In that something can’t be deemed void for being out of the powers of an ltds constitution anymore, ultra vires doesn’t apply to it at all but it still applies to all other companies

I think step 4 would be totally not relevant for ltds anymore so that’s what your manual is getting at? In that something can’t be deemed void for being out of the powers of an ltds constitution anymore, ultra vires doesn’t apply to it at all but it still applies to all other companies

Thanks so much!
    Company is really giving me a run for my money... all these LTDs, DACs, PLCs - I'm starting to get PTSD! hahaha

Never studied law before - and finding my 3 so tough - contract/ company / constitutional. Just did the 14 week course at dublin law grinds place.

Any advice - should I attempt or forget about exams this time ?

I’m looking at an ICM diploma in law in dublin business school. - would that be good and then come back to fE1 later ?

And advice appreciated. Many thanks

Mod
    Pls do not discuss particular course suppliers here

Thanks so much!
    Company is really giving me a run for my money... all these LTDs, DACs, PLCs - I'm starting to get PTSD! hahaha

Ugh I'm the same - finding it so tough. Hang in there, apparently its totally normal to feel like this with it. Anyone I've spoken to who passed it said it's good to want to pull your hair out now because it means you're understanding the intricacies.

Also, he's supposed to be a really kind marker, pass rate usually in the 70s, and last paper was a stinker so we're due a kind one :)

Never studied law before - and finding my 3 so tough - contract/ company / constitutional. Just did the 14 week course at dublin law grinds place.

I’m looking at an ICM diploma in law in dublin business school. - would that be good and then come back to fE1 later ?

If you have paid for them you may as well give them a go. Still plenty of time for study.

Guys going to throw out a bit of Sunday afternoon study motivation to anyone in a slog as well - we are all going to fly them :)

On my last 4 I was learning cases in the car the morning of and passed them all comfortably :)

Guys going to throw out a bit of Sunday afternoon study motivation to anyone in a slog as well - we are all going to fly them :)

On my last 4 I was learning cases in the car the morning of and passed them all comfortably :)

I needed that! One minute I think I have plenty of time and the next I'm convinced I've left it far too late to start learning off cases :rolleyes:

Depends how much you understand the content, if you have looked at questions a little and have some notes. if you have kept ontop of the 14 weeks lectures and answered some homework Qs give them a shot, you might surprise yourself! even if you haven't kept on top of the content and have notes you would be surprised what can be learned in a few days. overall, I would say go for it when you have come this far.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 CiaraND16

Anybody have any predictions/essential topics to study for criminal?

• Advertisement

Thanks for nice replies - it’s not easy looking on - but anything that happens is progress

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement