Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FE1 Exam Thread (Read 1st post!) NOTICE: YOU MAY SWAP EXAM GRIDS

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭neon123

Hi Folks, I'm not sitting the exams this sitting but I'm preparing my subjects for next spring and I'm on the fence between Company and Equity. Since most people on this thread are in the middle of study at the moment can anyone please give some advice on which one might be the best to include in my first four? Equity doesn't seem to bad but from other pages on this thread some people seem to have struggled passing it and took multiple attempts.

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭leavingcert17

Hi I’m wondering what people are covering for equity? Or any predictions. I need to cut down as I’m doing 5 exams

• Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭jewels652

Hello everyone,
    I am doing the following topics for company

1. Slp Salomon principles
    2. Directors duties
    3. Share transfer
    4. Restriction disqualification of assets
    5. Shareholder protection
    6. Corporate borrowings
    7. Receivership
    8. Disposition of company assets

And for equity I am doing
    1. Mandatory and mareva injunctions
    2. Charities
    3. P estoppel
    4. Express trusts
    5. Trustees
    6. Secret trusts
    7. Undue influence
    8. Tracing
    9. Specific performance

And maybe I’ll do recission

Do I have enough ???
    Tía

I’d be happy with company 😊 have you heard any predictions?

quote="jewels652;111261284"]Hello everyone,

2. Directors duties
    3. Share transfer
    6. Corporate borrowings
    7. Receivership

2. Charities
    3. P estoppel
    4. Express trusts
    5. Trustees
    6. Secret trusts
    7. Undue influence
    8. Tracing
    9. Specific performance

Do I have enough ???
    Tía[/quote]

I’d be happy with company 😊 have you heard any predictions?

quote="jewels652;111261284"]Hello everyone,

2. Directors duties
    3. Share transfer
    6. Corporate borrowings
    7. Receivership

2. Charities
    3. P estoppel
    4. Express trusts
    5. Trustees
    6. Secret trusts
    7. Undue influence
    8. Tracing
    9. Specific performance

Do I have enough ???
    Tía
    [/quote]

Thanks
    All I heard is that because examinership came
    Up in the last sitting there is a probability for receivership to come up.

• Advertisement

jewels652 wrote: »

Thanks
    Up in the last sitting there is a probability for receivership to come up.[/quote]

Yes I’ve heard the same! Anything for equity? I’ve notes prepared for all topics but need to cut down on what I’ll learn off by heart!

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Amanda226

Anybody any predictions for Constitutional or EU from any lecturers in any of the preparatory courses? would be very greatful😊

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭lisac223

Amanda226 wrote: »
    Anybody any predictions for Constitutional or EU from any lecturers in any of the preparatory courses? would be very greatful��

My EU lecturer's predictions are in post #8901. Constitutional doesn't seem like a topic for predictions though bc it's so intertwined. The only thing I'm really leaving out is the right to life.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Mr. JD

Anyone leaving anything out for criminal?

Or is this another one where we have to cover everything!!

Just looking at it now and there's so much caselaw/legislation.. the whole way along I thought this would be one of the easier topics.. but looking at it now it's pretty daunting!

Thanks
    Up in the last sitting there is a probability for receivership to come up.

Yes I’ve heard the same! Anything for equity? I’ve notes prepared for all topics but need to cut down on what I’ll learn off by heart![/quote]
    For equity apparently mandatory injunctions and tracing that’s all. I want to cut down too but i don’t know if it is too much of a gamble.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,891 ✭✭✭iamanengine

Mr. JD wrote: »
    Anyone leaving anything out for criminal?

Or is this another one where we have to cover everything!!

Just looking at it now and there's so much caselaw/legislation.. the whole way along I thought this would be one of the easier topics.. but looking at it now it's pretty daunting!

I'm leaving out Offences against the State/Justice and Public Order Offences.

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭sbbyrne

Hey guys - hope everyones getting on ok!
    I'm stressing; can anyone help me with EU law - Direct Effect. I don't know if i am over thinking it but i cannot get it straight in my head.

It's the three part test that has to be met before EC law would be directly effective in national courts:
    1. Clear and Unambiguous 2. Unconditional 3. Final and not dependant on further action from MS or Community

My question is about part 3 - do all directives not require implementation/are dependant on it? How or why is the test saying otherwise?

Can anyone explain this to me as my head is gone from trying to get it, and i've now totally confused myself :(
    Thanks a mill

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭lisac223

sbbyrne wrote: »
    Hey guys - hope everyones getting on ok!
    I'm stressing; can anyone help me with EU law - Direct Effect. I don't know if i am over thinking it but i cannot get it straight in my head.

It's the three part test that has to be met before EC law would be directly effective in national courts:
    1. Clear and Unambiguous 2. Unconditional 3. Final and not dependant on further action from MS or Community

My question is about part 3 - do all directives not require implementation/are dependant on it? How or why is the test saying otherwise?

Can anyone explain this to me as my head is gone from trying to get it, and i've now totally confused myself :(
    Thanks a mill

From my understanding - Directives aren't supposed to have Direct Effect. Article 288 TFEU gives the MS time and discretion as to how to implement the directive. However MS were basically taking the piss and going beyond the transposition date, not implementing the directive or implementing it wrongly. So your answer basically talks about all the cases where ECJ said directives could have DE if the transposition date has passed and if not, the interpretive obligation on the MS even before the TD.

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭sbbyrne

lisac223 wrote: »
    From my understanding - Directives aren't supposed to have Direct Effect. Article 288 TFEU gives the MS time and discretion as to how to implement the directive. However MS were basically taking the piss and going beyond the transposition date, not implementing the directive or implementing it wrongly. So your answer basically talks about all the cases where ECJ said directives could have DE if the transposition date has passed and if not, the interpretive obligation on the MS even before the TD.

Thank you so much, this has made it clearer for me. I think i was over complicating it in my head. Thank you thank you thank you!

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭LawGirl3434

Does anyone have the predictions for property?

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭supercreative

Hi everyone, new here but have been lurking for a while and people seem to have a lot of helpful tips so I thought I'd try and get help with something that's been bothering me. I'm doing tort, EU, equity and property for this exam session and while equity and property are fine, EU and tort are posing some difficulties. With EU I'm telling myself it'll be grand bc the pass rate is so high but tort seems to be a big issue.

I'm covering the whole course for tort just bc I had the time to do it and thought I'd have a higher chance of passing if I did that, but I'm looking at past papers and a lot of questions seem to be very abstract in terms of the purpose of tort law, super-broad questions about nuisance and so on. I also have no notion on how to answer the causation problem questions even though I'm pretty comfortable with the law on causation in the abstract - I did one and compared it to a sample answer and I went completely wrong but have no idea why I did. From looking at the examiners' reports mod deletion and so I'm not sure I can really rely on nice marking like seems to be the case in EU. Would super appreciate any help or reassurance anyone has to offer and happy to answer Qs on equity/property in exchange <3

Mod
    Pls do not criticise examiners, tutors,lecturers etc here

Does anyone have the predictions for property?

No predictions but just from sitting it the last sitting and passing it I would 100% cover Succession, adverse possession, easements and co-ownership really well that’s what got me over the line and also a nice question came up on finding so probably unlikely this time. I think to cover land reg aswell for this sitting! Hope that helps :)

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭holliek

If someone pays to enter someones land does that affect what entrant they are? Q5 in 2018 involved people paying into a play centre so would that cause them to be visitors as I recreational users always entered free of charge?

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭supercreative

holliek wrote: »
    If someone pays to enter someones land does that affect what entrant they are? Q5 in 2018 involved people paying into a play centre so would that cause them to be visitors as I recreational users always entered free of charge?

If they pay anything other than a car parking fee they're visitors, including if a general admission fee is disguised as a car parking fee (s1 1995 Act; Heaves v Westmeath County Council), but if they just pay a "reasonable charge in respect of the cost of providing vehicle parking facilities" they're recreational users (s1 again).

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭DUMSURFER

Coleman101 wrote: »
    Hi guys, does anyone have contract and Tort paper for March 2019? Or what topics came up?

I have it. I tried messaging you but it won't let me so if there's anyway you can send me your email, I can send it. Granted you haven't got it already

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭DUMSURFER

Does anyone have a new manual for company, I could get for relatively cheap or trade for. I have great notes for most of the topics from people who got 1.1's in college and flew all 8, an exam script etc... The manual I got is dated and I'm starting to feel v uncomfortable not having just seen what the up to date manuals have in terms of case law etc. Don't think I'm missing much but rather know one way or the other...

• Registered Users Posts: 7 innako

Does anybody have a clue when the Night Before Notes from CC are going to be uploaded?
    Tia

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭user115

Do people think changes in 2014 act will come up? I don't think it has in last 2 sittings, do you think he's happy enough now that people are aware of changes and it's impact or is it still major item?

Hi guys just wondering if people think the below would be enough to cover for EU as starting to run out of time! From looking at some past papers I seem to be able to answer 5 questions from the below. Was thinking of adding in Equality but not sure be great to not have to? Any help/advice much appreciated! (Also not doing case note q)

1. Institutions
    2. General principles
    3. Supremacy and Deffect
    4. Challenging legality of EU acts (annulment action)
    5. FMOG
    6. FMOW
    7. EU Citizenship

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭user115

Amanda226 wrote: »
    Hi guys just wondering if people think the below would be enough to cover for EU as starting to run out of time! From looking at some past papers I seem to be able to answer 5 questions from the below. Was thinking of adding in Equality but not sure be great to not have to? Any help/advice much appreciated! (Also not doing case note q)

1. Institutions
    2. General principles
    3. Supremacy and Deffect
    4. Challenging legality of EU acts (annulment action)
    5. FMOG
    6. FMOW
    7. EU Citizenship

Ya I think so, I did EU last sitting and passed with what you did and I went through all recent papers til 2014 I think and on every paper you would have been able to answer 5 questions. If I recall correctly FMG is usually 2 qs, direct effect is 1, general principles and instit at least 1 between them and I think always a Q on either workers or citizenship. Good to be able a least 6 qs on paper, I find on the day even if I learnt a topic well a q can just totally throw me so def give yourself options. I reckon your well covered with that but maybe check yourself through last couple of sittings

Does anyone need a spare copy of successions act for exam? Have two, can just bring on the day

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭SwD

jewels652 wrote: »

Thanks
    Up in the last sitting there is a probability for receivership to come up.[/quote]

I reckon those 8 topics for company are a Golden ticket.

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭JCormac

user115 wrote: »
    Do people think changes in 2014 act will come up? I don't think it has in last 2 sittings, do you think he's happy enough now that people are aware of changes and it's impact or is it still major item?

Good question actually.

The general concensus is no, but I'm not totally convinced.

Would love to hear others ideas on this!

JCormac wrote: »
    Good question actually.

The general concensus is no, but I'm not totally convinced.

Would love to hear others ideas on this!

How I am looking at it may as well learn regardless - really is just pulling a paragraph from other questions

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 36 luimneachabu73

How are people tackling Constitutional considering the apparent overlap of everything!!??

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement