Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FE1 Exam Thread (Read 1st post!) NOTICE: YOU MAY SWAP EXAM GRIDS

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭sbbyrne

Stupid question alert for Land people - are ye doing Registration of Land? it doesn't seem that frequent looking at the papers, so just wondering if i'm wasting my time?

What are yer thoughts on it?

• Registered Users Posts: 28 legaltraineex

Does anyone have Constitutional past papers and examiner reports?

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭LawGirl3434

Can any kind soul explain are Re JR Brian Ltd to me? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 35 BemusedKettle

Anyone have a recent-ish Constitutional Manual?

I can offer you a 2016 one in return lol

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭law_struggles

For Constitutional / EU / Company, when you have an Article that is relevant to a question, is it worth your while copying it out or should you just state the Article number?

Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34 Olliepollie

sbbyrne wrote: »
    Stupid question alert for Land people - are ye doing Registration of Land? it doesn't seem that frequent looking at the papers, so just wondering if i'm wasting my time?

What are yer thoughts on it?

I am studying it just because the course is so small that it's bound to reappear and it hasn't come up since 2017! I'm thinking easements, L&T law are almost definites and registration is likely this sitting.

No evidence to back it up but that's just what I'm thinking haha

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Coleman101

Hi guys does anyone know what topics came up for contract March 2019 paper? Can offer relevant material in return.

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭user115

Can any kind soul explain are Re JR Brian Ltd to me? :)

I think that hinged on the fact there was a notice of crystallisation which converted the floating charge to fixed and it was served before petition for winding up so court ruled it had legal effect as it was a term of the debenture document

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭LawGirl3434

user115 wrote: »
    I think that hinged on the fact there was a notice of crystallisation which converted the floating charge to fixed and it was served before petition for winding up so court ruled it had legal effect as it was a term of the debenture document

Thank you so much :)

• Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭jewels652

Equity

What are people covering for equity please ???

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭nimcdona

They are kind of pointless, almost impossible to predict. But for what it's worth this is my attempt to do the impossible!:
    Limitations - there were two SC cases on Limitations this year so that might be in with a shout, hasn't been up in two sittings.
    Land Torts - Comes up almost every sitting, didn't come up last sitting.
    Vicarious Liability - Comes up more often than not, didn't come up last sitting.
    Ordinary negligence - Hasn't come up in two sittings, has never missed 3 sittings.
    Nervous Shock - Hasn't come up in two sittings, could be due a go.
    Negligent Misstatement - Hasn't come up in 5 sittings.
    Trespass to Person - Infliction of Emotional Distress came up last sitting, maybe a regular Q this time.
    Occupiers Liability - Didn't come up last sitting and is quite popular.

Defamation/Damages have been rinsed recently, may be due a miss.

Disclaimer - This is complete guesswork on my part and is purely based on over analyzing the grid. :rolleyes:

My main focus will be on knowing the 8 mentioned inside out but I am still covering Damages/Defamation/Employers Liability etc etc

Last sitting the paper was quite tough so hopefully we are due a nice one, but again, not guaranteed by any means.

Just wondering what you mean by land torts? Trespass to land or is there something else?

• Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭rightytighty

jewels652 wrote: »
    Equity

What are people covering for equity please ???

Trusts:
    Express
    Secret
    Constructive
    Resulting
    Purpose

Injunctions:
    Quai-Timet
    Interlocutory
    Mareva
    APOs
    Bauer

Estoppel
    Trustees
    Satisfaction

Please someone tell me this is enough

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭channing90

Speaking of, if any kind soul has notes on the RTA Amendment Act 2019 they could send me I would love you forever.

There is good info on the RTB website but it doesn't mention sections and time is tight to start combing through legislation.

Would any kind sole send me notes on Landlord tenant Please. I dont have any and was wondering if theres many changes in the 2019 act ????

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭lawlad101

nimcdona wrote: »
    Just wondering what you mean by land torts? Trespass to land or is there something else?

Nuisance, rylands

I am studying it just because the course is so small that it's bound to reappear and it hasn't come up since 2017! I'm thinking easements, L&T law are almost definites and registration is likely this sitting.

No evidence to back it up but that's just what I'm thinking haha

Thanks for replying, I get you - I may take a second look at it!

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭DUMSURFER

DUMSURFER wrote: »
    Looking (and getting desperate) for:
    - Up-to-date grid for Equity
    - Spring 2019 exam/examiner report for Equity
    - Night-Before-Notes from City Colleges for upcoming Equity exam (or any topic really)

Have notes from people who left college with 1.1's and flew the FE1s for Equity, Tort, Company and EU, and a bunch more, that I'd be more then happy to share. Any help will be greatly appreciated!!

Anyone, please? :(

• Registered Users Posts: 27 TheLawGuy

Could someone please send me a Contract grid please? I can swap other materials in Tort, Property and Criminal. Thanks :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 123 ✭✭Sineaddh

Anyone have any clue what kind of question to expect for easements? 😕

Pm your email and I’ll send what I have

• Registered Users Posts: 14 mcgreee

Hey everyone, I'm just wondering about the legislative sources check for this sitting. Does anyone know if the desk is open on Monday 30th September or is it just from the 1st October?

Thanks! :)

• Advertisement

I have the Spring examiner report. PM me if you haven't gotten sorted yet

• Registered Users Posts: 36 Jimdtug1

Anybody have a grid for Constitutional?? Can swap for Company.

When are the night before notes be made available?

• Registered Users Posts: 47 starfishxxo

mcgreee wrote: »
    Hey everyone, I'm just wondering about the legislative sources check for this sitting. Does anyone know if the desk is open on Monday 30th September or is it just from the 1st October?

Thanks! :)

I think its just from Oct 1st - the letter says its only open on examination days

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭illy.m

Would anyone have good consolidated notes for Equity, and/or some sample answers. Can exchange for other subjects. Really stuck.

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭scooby321

illy.m wrote: »
    Would anyone have good consolidated notes for Equity, and/or some sample answers. Can exchange for other subjects. Really stuck.

I second this! :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 123 ✭✭Sineaddh

Would really appreciate an equity grid or advice for sitting the exam! First time sitting it and haven’t looked at the subject yet as I find it very intimidating so any help as to how to tackle it would be much appreciated!

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭niamh1612

I wish I spent as much time studying as I do tryna predict the exam, but anyway.... Is this similar to what others are concentrating on for contract? Am I missing anything people think is abslutely vital?
    Offer and Acceptance
    Consideration
    Consumer Protetion
    Remedies
    Terms
    Exemption Clauses
    Misrep
    Mistake
    Estoppel

Sineaddh wrote: »
    Would really appreciate an equity grid or advice for sitting the exam! First time sitting it and haven’t looked at the subject yet as I find it very intimidating so any help as to how to tackle it would be much appreciated!

I have sat and passed 6 of the exams, and found equity the hardest, hands down. It doesn't have the worst rep, in comparison to Const. and Tort, and I think it's because it seems a lot more straight forward than it is, but it actually does require a lot of work and understanding.

I focused on exam papers to get me through it.. if you havent started it yet i'd be concerned, it's a lot of work - but not impossible.

You can do it :) Best of luck!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 184 ✭✭Breacnua

Sineaddh wrote: »

Have you you’re notes done just not learned off yet?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement