Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FE1 Exam Thread (Read 1st post!) NOTICE: YOU MAY SWAP EXAM GRIDS

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭claiomh solais

New to the board, just finished my finals! Starting studying for fe1s-company, contract and equity. Any study tips would be greatly appreciated 😀

If I could give just one tip it would be to do 4 FE-1s first time. You need 3 passes to 'lock in' your passes so if you pass 2 and fail one the Law Society will not count any of the work you did which can be devastating to someone just beginning the FE-1s.

I recommend doing 4 because then you have so much more room to breathe and if a bad paper comes up on the day you have a safety paper to try and still lock in your ''magic 3''.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Louisekeegan

Yes I had considered this. I might rethink and do property also

• Registered Users Posts: 43 graduate555

Yes I had considered this. I might rethink and do property also

Property is a good one - questions are very repetitive in the past papers, and also a nice overlap with equity ^_^ And you can afford to cut out one or two big topics, like landlord and tenant

• Registered Users Posts: 4 CiaranF1

Anyone have up to date (to last sitting) for Tort, Constitutional and EU? Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 111 ✭✭lawgirl23

Does anybody have a copy of the Criminal and EU papers from March 2017 that they could send to me please? I seem to have lost my original copies from the exam...!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭Wonderstruck

Hey -

I passed property covering:

1) Succession (don't skip this! It has come up twice a lot - know ALL of it inside out)
    2) Easements
    3) Adverse Possession
    and
    4) Co-Ownership.

Had Treasure Trove as back up as per recommended by this thread (thank you!).

But! You could easily swap in a different topic in lieu of easements or ap if you prefer LL&T or mortgages (which fits in with C-O if you think about it) for example. If you look through the papers you'll see it's a very repetitive exam once you get past how boring it is! I just did it on the recommendations of everyone here I'm no fan of property law, fell asleep in every lecture of it in my undergrad........

• Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭Gunslinger92

Yeah Louise definitely do 4, I did in my first sitting and am so glad I did. I failed equity, imagine if I'd only sat three including equity, I'd be at square one with nothing to show for all my work. Property is a good fourth :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 153 ✭✭annmc882

Leraf wrote: »
    I would be interested in setting something up, let me know if you get anywhere with it.

Best of luck today everyone!

Any sign setting this up> :)

• Registered Users Posts: 300 ✭✭Leraf

annmc882 wrote: »
    Any sign setting this up> :)

Not so far, that I am aware of anyway. I clicked through to register with the old group but I didnt hear anything back about that request. Perhaps we should go ahead and set up a new one although, I would not have a clue where to start.

• Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭Wonderstruck

Who was behind the old one? Are they still active on Boards?

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,724 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

What sort of group do you have in mind? WhatsApp or Google? Facebook?

What sort of group do you have in mind? WhatsApp or Google? Facebook?

The old one was a google group i believe.

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,724 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

I might be missing something but is that not just the same as a this forum/thread? The options are to create a mailing list (essentially) or a forum. Are there additional features that I'm not seeing?

I am just asking because it may be possible to facilitate something on this site instead - like a private forum if it's privacy you want, or as I was saying before, individual threads for each topic rather than lumping everything in together here.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 kirakirakira1

Hello! Long time listener, first time caller.

Planing to sit my first 4 Fe1s in October. Any advice on which to sit first - I'm hoping to get some employment/TC/something in the next 6 months. I've heard that certain commercial firms want you to have certain ones done first. Does anyone have any experience, resquested to sit exams in a certain order? Thank you in advance!

• Registered Users Posts: 15 kirakirakira1

Are FE1s always in the same order as they will be in October?
    Tuesday October 3 - Tort
    Wednesday - Company Law
    Thursday - Constitutional Law
    Friday - EU Law

Monday October 9 - Criminal Law
    Tuesday - Property
    Wednesday - Contract Law
    Thursday - Equity

• Registered Users Posts: 11 lawbee3

Tuesday October 3 - Tort
    Wednesday - Company Law
    Friday - EU Law

Tuesday - Property
    Wednesday - Contract Law
    Thursday - Equity

No they change order from sitting to sitting.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

Leraf wrote: »
    Not so far, that I am aware of anyway. I clicked through to register with the old group but I didnt hear anything back about that request. Perhaps we should go ahead and set up a new one although, I would not have a clue where to start.

I accepted you and others into that group

I might be missing something but is that not just the same as a this forum/thread? The options are to create a mailing list (essentially) or a forum. Are there additional features that I'm not seeing?

I am just asking because it may be possible to facilitate something on this site instead - like a private forum if it's privacy you want, or as I was saying before, individual threads for each topic rather than lumping everything in together here.

I'd be interested if we could do that here instead. The Google group is grand but it would probably be better here

See that now. Thank you :)

• Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭Tony_TwoLegs

New to the board, just finished my finals! Starting studying for fe1s-company, contract and equity. Any study tips would be greatly appreciated 😀

Hi
    Where you do your BCL?
    Word of advice: approach them differently to your college exams.
    I got a high 2.1 but failed 2/ passed 2 in my first sit last year.
    Luckily passed them in March.

Do 4 exams.
    Focus on 2 hard and 2 easy.
    Try space them out too.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 153 ✭✭annmc882

Can I be added please?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭Yoop_

Tuesday October 3 - Tort
    Wednesday - Company Law
    Friday - EU Law

Tuesday - Property
    Wednesday - Contract Law
    Thursday - Equity

Here's a link to the timetable for the next sitting: https://www.lawsociety.ie/Documents/education/FE-1/FE1-application.pdf

annmc882 wrote: »
    Can I be added please?

Just send a request to this group :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 28 vita.s

lawgirl23 wrote: »
    Does anybody have a copy of the Criminal and EU papers from March 2017 that they could send to me please? I seem to have lost my original copies from the exam...!!
    I have the Criminal and EU papers from March, I can send them to you. I need the Equity and Constitutional ones if anyone has them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 111 ✭✭lawgirl23

vita.s wrote: »
    I have the Criminal and EU papers from March, I can send them to you. I need the Equity and Constitutional ones if anyone has them.

Just sent you a DM - I can send you the equity one if you don't mind my mindless notes on the paper from the exam! :)

Could I possibly get an email copy of the exam papers also please.

I'd be interested if we could do that here instead. The Google group is grand but it would probably be better here

Are we looking at a private forum then?

Are we looking at a private forum then?

I think that's a good idea.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Bawn91

Hey,

I would be interested as well as I haven't sat any yet and this would be a real benefit.

I've sent a request to the Google group!

f.t.mcdaid wrote: »
    Hi all, i hope this is the correct form.

Just wondering if there is any online/live groups that people might have or know of. I know its a bit early but I am intending to sit Equity, Contract, Company and Tort.

Would anyone be interested in setting up a messenger group?

Thanks,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭laurenburne

Does anyone have any idea at all on the numbers of people that sit the FE1s each sitting?

Or how many get to attend blackhall each year?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement