Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FE1 Exam Thread (Read 1st post!) NOTICE: YOU MAY SWAP EXAM GRIDS

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭user115

I just got company acts from OPW, it's in 2 volumes and plain white, is that the correct one you can bring into the exam?

• Registered Users Posts: 28 legaltraineex

Does anyone have a tort grid that identifies which questions the topics came up in? Can swap other subjects

• Registered Users Posts: 36 luimneachabu73

CONSTITUTIONAL

Q. Relationship between the Constitution and the law of EU.

How would any of you guys tackle this?

I have an answer re the freedom of expression / ECHR relationship, but would the answer to the above Q be completely different?

Thank you!

• Registered Users Posts: 37 CiaraND16

Has anyone got the city colleges 2019 night before notes yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭holliek

Omg that's so annoying! Did you get sorted?
    I had to ring them for something last week and it was only after me like 16 times and finally begging down the phone to the receptionist, did somebody from the Fe1 section actually pick up !

stop 16 times?? I just rang them and they're going to send me out another letter

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭lisac223

CiaraND16 wrote: »
    Has anyone got the city colleges 2019 night before notes yet?

They're on their website just search 'night before notes' in the top left-hand search bar and you can download them!

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭Louis Litt

PROPERTY

Has the role of executors or personal reps ever come up in a succession Q?

• Registered Users Posts: 24 coalition

Company

Section 239 CA 2014 prohibits a company entering into a credit transaction AS A CREDITOR for a director or connected person...

So for the question about David and Joan (Q. 3 October 2016 and Q. 3 March 2013) does this mean Fresh Air Limited can lease the mountain from DB Limited no problem as they are not a creditor in this situation (15,000 is owed by them to DB Limited per annum)?

The examiner says 239 does apply here so I must be wrong but I still do not get the significance of 'as a creditor'.

Can anyone help?

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭supercreative

Anyone have any ideas about Q1 March 2019 for Tort? These causation questions are really confusing me and I'm having a lot of difficulty figuring out what the "initial" events are and what events are novus actus interveniens.

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭Aoibhin511

So for the permitted legislation we're only allowed to tab and highlight, but are we allowed to write on the tabs?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34 Olliepollie

Aoibhin511 wrote: »
    So for the permitted legislation we're only allowed to tab and highlight, but are we allowed to write on the tabs?

Defo no writing on the tabs! You can underline and I got away with an asterisk once haha but yeah no, nothing written on the tabs!

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭Aoibhin511

Defo no writing on the tabs! You can underline and I got away with an asterisk once haha but yeah no, nothing written on the tabs!

damn, not even like "S610" or "oppression"

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭niamh1612

Equity: Could anyone advise me if it is it ok to learn proprietary estoppel alone, no promissory? My exam grid doesn't even mention promissory estoppel so I was going to completely skip it?

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Olliepollie

Aoibhin511 wrote: »
    damn, not even like "S610" or "oppression"

I mean I've never tested it but really highly doubt they'd allow it tbh! Like they check through all the material to make sure nothing's written in it so it seems counterintuitive that they'd allow writing on the tabs, even if it is just so you know which sections are where :(

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭sbbyrne

I mean I've never tested it but really highly doubt they'd allow it tbh! Like they check through all the material to make sure nothing's written in it so it seems counterintuitive that they'd allow writing on the tabs, even if it is just so you know which sections are where :(

I wouldnt chance it, they'd just take the tab off and then you'd be totally lost. If there's writing on a page they tear it out and give you back the rest of it. Def not worth it in my opinion!

• Registered Users Posts: 48 Snakeydoogey

Hi,

Would anyone have any tips/hacks for Eu?

It's my last exam and I'm pretty overwhelmed by the sheer volume of it.

Not having any sample answers isn't helping either!

Thanks in advance

I guess not

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Insta92

Don’t believe promissory estoppel has ever been examined in Equity. It is more so related to the Contract Law syllabus.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Roisin Phelan

DUMSURFER wrote: »
    Neg (DOC/SOC/Causation/ROD)
    Neg - Categories of Persons (Road Users/Children)
    Product Liability
    Employers Liability
    Vicarious Liability
    Defamation
    Occupiers Liability
    Negligent Misstatement

If I can I want to try get in another 1 or 2, don't feel quite covered for 5 Q's. What do people think?

Hey, could u send me send me some notes on Neg - categories of persons, or even point me to where I could get some?
    I don’t have any on that and starting to panic!

• Registered Users Posts: 28 legaltraineex

Is anyone else struggling a lot with tort?

I feel like I have a good grip on the topics but I'm finding it very difficult to approach the exam questions.

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭20082014

COMPANY

would anyone have a sample answer for October 2017 Q.8? It is a terrible question as it asks for so many topics. Worried in case that question comes up next week...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,891 ✭✭✭iamanengine

Would anyone have a Examiner Report for the most recent Contract sitting?

I'm looking at the exam paper here and I barely have a clue what topics are being asked in the problem Qs!

Or alternatively, does anyone have the topics that came up for each Q?

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭law_struggles

Could anyone explain the recent Article 42A case of Re JB [2018] IESC 30?

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭nimcdona

For unenumerated rights for constitutuional, are people covering them all in detail or is there ones that could be left out? My manual is over 60 pages so really need to cut down

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭leavingcert17

Hi I’m just wondering can you bring in land the LCLRA 2009 and the LCLRA explanatory memorandum that comes with it in separate booklet

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭Daly29

Hi I’m just wondering can you bring in land the LCLRA 2009 and the LCLRA explanatory memorandum that comes with it in separate booklet

REAL PROPERTY
    Land and Conveyancing Law Reform Act 2009
    Succession Act, 1965

Don't believe you are allowed to bring the memo with it. Someone correct me if im wrong.

https://www.lawsociety.ie/globalassets/documents/education/fe-1/legislativesources.pdf

EU - is anyone learning 30 odd case notes? I won't get to pure rote learning until Tuesday or Wednesday. Bit annoying giving up a straightforward Q but don't think I'll have time. Might scan over them for 2 hours or so next week in case I get stuck. Pass rate was 85% last time, thinking this paper might have one or two curve balls, I do hoe not tho. So big.

Any thoughts on case notes?

For Equity are people learning the 10 or so common note Qs? I assume yes. It'll be next week but think I'll have to cover that one.

• Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭jewels652

Daly29 wrote: »
    For Equity are people learning the 10 or so common note Qs? I assume yes. It'll be next week but think I'll have to cover that one.

I am not... just the main topics

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭LawGirl3434

Daly29 wrote: »
    EU - is anyone learning 30 odd case notes? I won't get to pure rote learning until Tuesday or Wednesday. Bit annoying giving up a straightforward Q but don't think I'll have time. Might scan over them for 2 hours or so next week in case I get stuck. Pass rate was 85% last time, thinking this paper might have one or two curve balls, I do hoe not tho. So big.

Any thoughts on case notes?

Agree with you it may be a rough paper, but do remember pass rate hasn’t fallen below 70% since I think 2013. Think he can only deviate from the standard so much, so as long as cover our bases should be okay.

Case note is in my opinion too unpredictable to waste time on - even more unpredictable than constitutional which I totally disregarded for my last sitting and was fine on the day. I wrote out all of the cases for EU from 2015-2019 and was nearly 3 A4s!

Personally wouldn’t waste my time trying to learn it, would focus on covering myself elsewhere - 106, state aid, etc.

Just my two cents! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21 Insta92

nimcdona wrote: »
    For unenumerated rights for constitutuional, are people covering them all in detail or is there ones that could be left out? My manual is over 60 pages so really need to cut down

I’ve only a really broad knowledge of right to earn a livelihood. Doesn’t tend to be examined too much.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement