Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FE1 Exam Thread (Read 1st post!) NOTICE: YOU MAY SWAP EXAM GRIDS

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Dr Ice

Hi,

Would some kind soul out there be willing to donate me the most up-to-date grids they have for equity and criminal.

Thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭Yoop_

angela1711 wrote: »
    Just wondering if I have the 2014-2015 edition of the Foster, Blackstones Eu Treaties am I okey with them or should I get the newest 2017edn ?

You should be fine with those ones. I had an older copy than that even when I did EU and it was grand.

• Registered Users Posts: 300 ✭✭Leraf

Dr Ice wrote: »
    Hi,

Would some kind soul out there be willing to donate me the most up-to-date grids they have for equity and criminal.

Thanks.

I have Grids up to October 2016 I can send on

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭lawstudentirl1

Hey everyone,

Starting a new thread so people can chat and discuss ideas for the FE1s coming in October.

Don't try to sell manuals here.
    Notes can be swapped.

:D

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,724 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

Moderator: Threads merged.

We just use this thread for every sitting. Hopefully it will be irrelevant soon if we get the go ahead on a private forum.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 33 LegalLaaaaady

Would anybody be so kind to PM me grids for Constitutional and EU please! Can forward on grids for Contract, Criminal and Tort in return.

Thank you.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 vita.s

Moderator: Threads merged.

We just use this thread for every sitting. Hopefully it will be irrelevant soon if we get the go ahead on a private forum.
    I am a little confused. Why exactly do we need a private forum? It will just make it more difficult for people who want to participate to gain access.

What is the added value of it over what we have here now?

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Dsalmon91

Just wondering does anyone know when the recehck results will be out. Also wondering has anyone had any experience of going up in their recheck but still not getting the magic 50 mark. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 623 ✭✭✭smeal

Dsalmon91 wrote: »
    Just wondering does anyone know when the recehck results will be out. Also wondering has anyone had any experience of going up in their recheck but still not getting the magic 50 mark. Thanks

The provisional date on the recheck application form said the 16th June however in the last sitting they were released a week before by post so you might have something in the post on Monday/Tuesday. You could try and ring the Law Society? Yes, I've seen people on this thread before who have went up a few percent but still not made the 50%. There have also been a few people who have said their recheck result went down.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 fujilaw

Hey, just wondering if anyone has past exam papers and exam grids for Company, Constitutional and EU Law? Would be happy to past on the same for the other five subjects. Thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭Lumi77

The exam recheck results are released today unfortunately the law society website is down so I was told we will get them by post
    Good luck everyone

• Registered Users Posts: 1 fe1recheck2017

I just called the law society and they told me that results have not been released and that the board of examiners has not even met yet!

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭Lumi77

I just called the law society and they told me that results have not been released and that the board of examiners has not even met yet!

The site is back up today they hope and I rang them also and will post if I have news

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭Redhighking

angela1711 wrote: »
    Just wondering if I have the 2014-2015 edition of the Foster, Blackstones Eu Treaties am I okey with them or should I get the newest 2017edn ?

I would check the law society website - I remember for one of the more recent editions there was legislative commentary in the book meaning it couldnt be brought into exams.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Fe1 2017

I would check the law society website - I remember for one of the more recent editions there was legislative commentary in the book meaning it couldnt be brought into exams.

I used one from 2013 in the last sitting and it was fine.

Has anyone received a recheck results letter yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 orange17

Does anyone have recommendations for E.U. and Constitutional manuals ?

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭amomcnico91

Hi all,

I'm looking for accommodation for Blackhall 2017. Anyone looking for a roommate/knows someone looking to do a houseshare in the Dublin 7 area.

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭rbag

Hello,
    I am looking for grids for Company, constitutional, Eu and Tort and exam papers if anyone is selling.

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭laurenburne

smeal wrote: »
    Has anyone received a recheck results letter yet?

I havnt received anything. I tried to log into the website and its saying I now need a new 10 letter password but it won't let me set it up. So nervous for Friday. Holding in to hope that I can go up to 50 from 43. I've gone up 4% with Rechecks in the past. Anybody any nice stories of going up that can give us hope for Friday :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 300 ✭✭Leraf

I havnt received anything. I tried to log into the website and its saying I now need a new 10 letter password but it won't let me set it up. So nervous for Friday. Holding in to hope that I can go up to 50 from 43. I've gone up 4% with Rechecks in the past. Anybody any nice stories of going up that can give us hope for Friday :)

It appears that since the website was updated, all passwords have to be reset. Something to keep in mind if you are signing in this week for recheck results!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 louser1

I went up from 43 to 50 in company before - good luck for Friday I'm hoping to come up 4%

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Louisekeegan

Anyone doing the Griffith prep for tort constitutional property and criminal. I've just started interested on any fellow students experiences or how yous are getting on. Thanks!

Leraf wrote: »
    It appears that since the website was updated, all passwords have to be reset. Something to keep in mind if you are signing in this week for recheck results!

I have tried to reset my password but it is telling me my email and Surname don't match their records:rolleyes: I might try and ring them later if I get time.

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭SwD

Anyone doing the Griffith prep for tort constitutional property and criminal. I've just started interested on any fellow students experiences or how yous are getting on. Thanks!

I'm doing criminal in ICD.

But from what i have heard the Griffith sample answers are very good. The main thing seems to be getting your hands on manuals. From there it's entirely dependent on your work ethic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 153 ✭✭annmc882

Started watching the first Constitutional lecture half an hour ago... to say I am so looking forward to getting my teeth into it would be a big FAT lie :( Its going to be some climb. Any one who has done it have any tips?

vita.s wrote: »
    Could anyone say what topics came up in March 2017 for Constitutional?

Trying to make an up to date exam grid.

If anyone has the exam paper they would be willing to share that would be great too. Thanks

do u want a grid ?

orange17 wrote: »
    Does anyone have recommendations for E.U. and Constitutional manuals ?

new school & Griffith.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Louisekeegan

annmc882 wrote: »
    Started watching the first Constitutional lecture half an hour ago... to say I am so looking forward to getting my teeth into it would be a big FAT lie :( Its going to be some climb. Any one who has done it have any tips?

I know he flies through it. It's a long two hours.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Dunne1995

smeal wrote: »
    I have tried to reset my password but it is telling me my email and Surname don't match their records:rolleyes: I might try and ring them later if I get time.

I rang them and they said recheck results are only going by post not online

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement