Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FE1 Exam Thread (Read 1st post!) NOTICE: YOU MAY SWAP EXAM GRIDS

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,769 ✭✭✭nuac

Mod
    Pls do not use this forum for discussion of the various colleges/tutors etc or of their publications

• Registered Users Posts: 28 vita.s

annmc882 wrote: »
    do u want a grid ?
    I have a grid, I just needed the latest paper to update it. But thanks for the offer!

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭SwD

Anyone have the March 2017 papers for Contract, Tort, Equity, and Criminal.

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭laurenburne

I was speaking to the law society yesterday and the march results are not going to be online. How annoying. I don't know will we get these in the post Friday or Monday now.

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭lorcan122

Does anyone have an up to date grid for Equity and Property?

• Advertisement

Has anyone received results yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 623 ✭✭✭smeal

Has anyone received results yet?

No. I buzzed home earlier and there was no post for me. I would say it will be Monday

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭MeganC1554

Good Luck Everybody! Praying for a 4% rise in EU! Has anybody succeeded in their mark being raised! So nerve-wrecking!!

MeganC1554 wrote: »
    Good Luck Everybody! Praying for a 4% rise in EU! Has anybody succeeded in their mark being raised! So nerve-wrecking!!

I've had 3 exams go up on recheck before, contract, eu and company. I'm a longshot hoping for a 7% bump on tort at the minute. I wish we were just getting the result this morning. Thinking about it all weekend now

I've had 3 exams go up on recheck before, contract, eu and company. I'm a longshot hoping for a 7% bump on tort at the minute. I wish we were just getting the result this morning. Thinking about it all weekend now

It may be a longshot but I know that the PPC1 applications have to be in today so you could try and ring them and just explain that you need your results over the phone?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭MeganC1554

Guys I called this morning and the lady said that our results were posted out early yesterday so should be with us today. Thanks laurenburne, your giving me serious hope. Wishing you all the best of luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭Lumi77

Hi guys
    Confirmed that rechecks where posted to us.
    Good luck everyone

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭claiomh solais

Didn't get it! Was a long shot anyways. Looks like I'll be doing contract law in October as the final exam.

If anyone has passed contract law and wants to trade notes on one of the other 7 message me!

Didn't get it! Was a long shot anyways. Looks like I'll be doing contract law in October as the final exam.

If anyone has passed contract law and wants to trade notes on one of the other 7 message me!

How many points you were looking for?
    And good luck in October
    Sorry you didn't get it

Lumi77 wrote: »
    How many points you were looking for?
    And good luck in October
    Sorry you didn't get it

I only got 42 so I was asking for a miracle, but seeing as I have my other 7 passed I figured why not go for the recheck! :P

I only got 42 so I was asking for a miracle, but seeing as I have my other 7 passed I figured why not go for the recheck! :P

You did the right thing to get it re checked. At least you tried. It's all down to luck

Lumi77 wrote: »
    You did the right thing to get it re checked. At least you tried. It's all down to luck

I think alot of it is down to luck. Did you feel like it went well? Your contract exam?

I imagine since you have seven already passed and we're only studying for one exam you had much better probability of passing than others. I feel for you because I am the exact same.

Well ...you kind of wonder do they even check the paper?
    I got mine back and exactly the same mark

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭Lindyloo 1

Didn't get a chance to see my recheck result until today. No change on tort result. Oh well!

No change on Contract here! Really not sure if I have it in me to sit it again in October as my head is just fried with it. But then I run the risk of missing out on Blackhall again if I fail it this time next year... If you had have told me this time 2 years ago when I first started the exams that I would be still be sitting them now I can honestly say that I wouldn't have bothered haha

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 300 ✭✭Leraf

smeal wrote: »
    No change on Contract here! Really not sure if I have it in me to sit it again in October as my head is just fried with it. But then I run the risk of missing out on Blackhall again if I fail it this time next year... If you had have told me this time 2 years ago when I first started the exams that I would be still be sitting them now I can honestly say that I wouldn't have bothered haha

Its definitely tough going!

• Registered Users Posts: 47 LegalAnna

Hi all,

I know it's a bit early but by any chance does anyone have a criminal exam grid they are willing to share?

I have ones for the other 7 if you want to swap?

• Registered Users Posts: 8 aherns2

New to this thread.

I'm going to start the long fe1 journey in October. I have the independent college manuals and planning to do criminal, property and either equity or contract in October to just get it started and stop being afraid of it. Know loads of people who've done it and I know how hard they can be. I don't have a law degree and can't afford the courses so I'm flying solo. Any advice on how to start, study plans etc. Need some structured focus please...

aherns2 wrote: »
    New to this thread.

I'm going to start the long fe1 journey in October. I have the independent college manuals and planning to do criminal, property and either equity or contract in October to just get it started and stop being afraid of it. Know loads of people who've done it and I know how hard they can be. I don't have a law degree and can't afford the courses so I'm flying solo. Any advice on how to start, study plans etc. Need some structured focus please...

I'll give you this piece of advice that I've said before but I think it's a big one:

If I could give just one tip it would be to do 4 FE-1s first time. You need 3 passes to 'lock in' your passes so if you pass 2 and fail one the Law Society will not count any of the work you did which can be devastating to someone just beginning the FE-1s.

I recommend doing 4 because then you have so much more room to breathe and if a bad paper comes up on the day you have a safety paper to try and still lock in your ''magic 3''.

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭ally1234

Hey guys, is it me? i have zero motivation this month regarding study. Anyone else in the same I have three left to finish (including the dreaded tort exam). These exams are an uphill battle both physically and mentally....

• Registered Users Posts: 8 aherns2

I'll give you this piece of advice that I've said before but I think it's a big one:

If I could give just one tip it would be to do 4 FE-1s first time. You need 3 passes to 'lock in' your passes so if you pass 2 and fail one the Law Society will not count any of the work you did which can be devastating to someone just beginning the FE-1s.

I recommend doing 4 because then you have so much more room to breathe and if a bad paper comes up on the day you have a safety paper to try and still lock in your ''magic 3''.

Thank you so much for this. I'm literally filling out the application for and deciding between contrast and equity but maybe I should just put both. I'm only thinking volume of study with 4...I was planning on going hell for leather on just three. I'm working full time with kids so trying to be as realistic as possible. Will doing four versus three kill me study wise...

Thank you so much for this. I'm literally filling out the application for and deciding between contrast and equity but maybe I should just put both. I'm only thinking volume of study with 4...I was planning on going hell for leather on just three. I'm working full time with kids so trying to be as realistic as possible. Will doing four versus three kill me study wise...

I would advise, as would other members i'm sure, doing contract and equity together. There is quite a bit of crossover.

ally1234 wrote: »
    Hey guys, is it me? i have zero motivation this month regarding study. Anyone else in the same I have three left to finish (including the dreaded tort exam). These exams are an uphill battle both physically and mentally....

It's the weather. I find the sunny skies make it hard to lock yourself away in a room and commit to 8 hours of study.

Definitely do 4!

Property is very easy to study for. I would leave it as your last subject to start working on as there are literally 6/7 topics that come up every time.

People seem to struggle with Contract quite a bit (myself included) despite it being quite a short manual in comparison to the rest. Mod deletion. I would focus heaviest on this- get yourself a set of past papers and go hell for leather.

Criminal genuinely offers a fair paper with a fair marking scheme but again is quite heavy and mixed but is quite easy to study for.

Equity and Trusts is again usually a fair paper and is easy to plough through but requires your patience getting your head around the different trusts. The equity side of things is usually quite easy to predict Mod deletion

In terms of hardest to easiest for your four I would say Contract, Equity & Trusts, Criminal and then Property. Very achievable! The first set of FE1s is all about confidence so even though you are leaving yourself with the 4 longer subjects after at least you have the confidence to go forward :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭rbag

Hi all,

I'm thinking of doing Company - any opinions?
    Are there any topics that pop up regularly?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement