Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FE1 Exam Thread (Read 1st post!) NOTICE: YOU MAY SWAP EXAM GRIDS

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7 smugairleroin

Hi, I just started having a look at the manuals today and I'm already a bit overwhelmed! Would anyone please be able to send me exam grids for Property, Company, Equity and EU? Hopefully it'll give me a heads up on where to focus. Thanks a million!

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭Blazedup

Does anyone have an up to date criminal grid that they could forward me? thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 33 b.anna

Hi, Would anyone have up to date grids for constitutional tort and EU ? Can swap for equity, land and criminal.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 letmcg

Could anyone send me an up to date grid for EU?
    Thanks a mill!

• Registered Users Posts: 298 ✭✭FreeFallin94

For property, do most people leave out topics like tenure and freehold / hybrid estates which haven't been examined since 2009? It seems like a waste of my time to study them when it's so unlikely that they'd how up on the paper.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 38 HenryHodgson

I have exam grids for criminal, property and contract, currently seeking out an equity and tort one if anyone wishes to trade!

Also have a few sample answers in respect of the above for if interested

• Registered Users Posts: 11 lawbee3

Does anyone know what came up for Constitutional in October 2016 and March 2017 or have an updated exam grid!

Thanks!!

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭lorcan122

Hi does anyone have an up to date grid for Property and Equity, can swap for a Constitutional, Contract, or Company.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 smugairleroin

Hi, I'm looking for a company law exam grid, can swap for any other subject grid up to 2016 :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Flaredmizuna

Hi all!
    I'm attempting to sit equity, contract, criminal and constitution this October. I unfortunately don't know anybody sitting them this March and would love some assistance if anybody has the time.

I only have pretty shabby 2014 manuals so I'm not much use for swapping materials.

If anybody knows what aren't very examinable topics in constitutional and criminal I would be super greatful! I know the general rule is to study everything, but I wouldn't love any tips to reduce the work load even by just a topic!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭SwD

Hi all!
    I'm attempting to sit equity, contract, criminal and constitution this October. I unfortunately don't know anybody sitting them this March and would love some assistance if anybody has the time.

I only have pretty shabby 2014 manuals so I'm not much use for swapping materials.

If anybody knows what aren't very examinable topics in constitutional and criminal I would be super greatful! I know the general rule is to study everything, but I wouldn't love any tips to reduce the work load even by just a topic!

Look at the exam grids, and then hedge your bets.

The unfortunate thing with Criminal is that it is very hard to predict.

Thus, as you've said, the general rule is study everything.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 louser1

I have a constitutional exam grid, if anyone wants it just send me a pm :)

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭ally1234

After been diagnosed with debilitating migraines, I wonder does the Law Society provide a sick bay if the need arises and where is it located?

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

ally1234 wrote: »
    After been diagnosed with debilitating migraines, I wonder does the Law Society provide a sick bay if the need arises and where is it located?

I'm not sure what you mean by sick bay but the Law Society provide good exam supports for those who need them such as extra time or a classroom on your own. If you get them you sit the exams in Blackhall. I'd give them a call and see what they can do.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 TurnoverKing

Hi all, would anyone have up to date grids for Constitutional and Tort? Can swap for an EU grid and past papers.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 LegalFianna

Hey, would anyone have an up-to-date exam grid for Company Law please? In return I can give you comprehensive notes for any of the subjects...except Company. I used the notes to pass all so far first time. Thank you in advance :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3 fujilaw

Hey,

Would anyone have the last 5/6 exam papers/reports for EU?

Would be able to swap for whatever, as I have comprehensive material on the other subjects.

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 letmcg

Anyone has the exam grid for EU? I have constitutional, equity and property, thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 19 LegalFianna

Hey, would anyone have an up-to-date exam grid for EU please? Asking for a friend. In return I can give you comprehensive notes for any of the subjects...except Company. I used the notes to pass all so far first time. I also have exam grids for other subjects but not up to date. Thank you in advance :)

• Registered Users Posts: 38 MyaP

Hi all, have been using the manuals but attempting these for the first time. Can anyone share grids for Property, Equity and Constitutional law please? Thanks a million & good luck everyone, M

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7 dizg

Hey all,

Also looking at sitting my first 4 exams this October. Nervous doesn't describe it. If anyone has any notes/ grids on Constitutional, EU, Criminal and Tort they'd be very welcome!!

• Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭saraocallaghan

Hi all, I know I'm extremely early - but does anyone know when the October results are released? Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 300 ✭✭Leraf

Hi all, I know I'm extremely early - but does anyone know when the October results are released? Thanks!

Results are usually issued 6 weeks from the last Friday of the exams.

• Registered Users Posts: 38 MyaP

Hi all,

Would really appreciate being shown an exam grid for constitutional law, equity and/or property law. Everyone is referring to grids & I have never sat the FE1s before, I guess you mean the topics but if anyone can share an example even i would really appreciate it, thanks M

• Registered Users Posts: 4,159 ✭✭✭yournerd

i am just starting to get prepared for the exams, is it too late to strt?
    how do people start with these exams? im frekaing out here and have no material whatsoever :(

• Registered Users Posts: 38 HenryHodgson

yournerd wrote: »
    how do people start with these exams? im frekaing out here and have no material whatsoever :(

With grammar like that, are you sure you're not looking for the Junior Cert exam thread?

Mod: Easy now. Nobody is perfect. Pls keep to thread topic

• Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭saraocallaghan

Hi! I've just started revising. I'd recommend getting the exam reports and past papers and then a good book on the topic you're revising. And maybe a revision book for keeping it short and snappy. I'm a fan of the nutshells. Good luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭ally1234

With grammar like that, are you sure you're not looking for the Junior Cert exam thread?

Mod: Easy now. Nobody is perfect. Pls keep to thread topic

Nasty, we support each other on this forum. Id say they love your friendly disposition in your work place, not.

Anyway going back to the original question, not too late to start. Nutshells are a god send, you need concise general knowledge of all topics. So Nutlshells is ideal, dont bog yourself down, a little goes a long way. Spend the next four weeks writing up notes and then maybe mid August to exam week spend revising/memorising. It can be achieved, it just takes perseverance and a bit of burning the midnight oil. You will get there! :)

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,563 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

Yesterday's SC judgment in DPP v. Dekker provides quite a comprehensive breakdown on the mens rea element of murder as an accessory.

Anyone doing criminal should give this a read as (and I may be corrected here) there's always a murder/manslaughter question on the paper. If there's more than one person involved on the "kill side", you're going to have to discuss the criminal liability of accessories. Dissecting the mental requirement is essential to a good answer here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28 vita.s

I started studying for the March exams in January and somehow managed to pass all 5 of them. If you don't spend too much time procrastinating in the next two months you should be fine.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement