Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FE1 Exam Thread (Read 1st post!) NOTICE: YOU MAY SWAP EXAM GRIDS

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,769 ✭✭✭nuac

Mod
    Pls don't discuss tutorials etc openly on this forum
    Good luck to all in exams. Happiest days in ............etc

• Registered Users Posts: 37 jazzypatty89

Hi all, I'm new here. I am taking Equity, Property, Criminal and Tort in October! If anyone has any advice on what to study it would be greatly appreciated :) also, if anyone has the examiners reports of Equity, Property, and Criminal from last time I am in need of those! I also need the paper and report for Tort. I took Equity, Property, Criminal last time and unfortunately didn't pass but have tons of materials if anyone is looking for extra help. I also have all exam grids up to March 2017! Message away and happy studying guys!

• Registered Users Posts: 10 roosevelt93

Hi all, I'm new here. I am taking Equity, Property, Criminal and Tort in October! If anyone has any advice on what to study it would be greatly appreciated :) also, if anyone has the examiners reports of Equity, Property, and Criminal from last time I am in need of those! I also need the paper and report for Tort. I took Equity, Property, Criminal last time and unfortunately didn't pass but have tons of materials if anyone is looking for extra help. I also have all exam grids up to March 2017! Message away and happy studying guys!

Hi - I have the up to date exam reports and would be happy to take pictures and email them to you if thats any use? Would be grateful if you could send me on your up to date exam grids in return - its my first time sitting them and I need all the help I can get! Let me know :)

• Registered Users Posts: 300 ✭✭Leraf

Hi all,

I am hoping some kind soul will send me the Papers/Reports from the last sitting.

I would be very grateful.

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭Lumi77

Hi everyone,

back to this again and already tired.
    I would much appreciate some advice please, I am sitting 5 in October and I hate EU law absolutely terrified.
    I tried as much as I could do to shorten Competition Law and still going at 19 pages.
    Some people advised that they left it out.
    I am doing all usual topics and Brussels 1 on top.
    How many of you that passed EU left competition out?

Thank you

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48 Mayo91

Lumi77

List the topics you're doing and I'll tell you what ones I'm covering. I'm doing 5 as well so Im right there with you

ok thank you so doing:
    1. sources
    2. institutions
    3. state liability
    4. all the free movements all 3 of them
    5. citizenship
    6. equality
    7. brussels 1
    8. judicial review
    10. preliminary reference
    11. direct effect
    12. general principles
    13. supremacy
    14. competition law which i am thinking skipping

and case notes sorry i forgot

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Username1994

Hey is there a specific list of cases that can come up in the case note question in EU?

• Registered Users Posts: 886 ✭✭✭randomchild

I passed EU without even glancing at competition law. I can't guarantee you'll do the same, but it is a very isolated part of the course.

• Advertisement

Thank you, yes i did hear some people did and it is very very big.
    Cant cut down more than 19 pages

The main cases that keep repeating and new cases. I am compiling a list at the moment so I may be able to help in a few weeks

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭Robbie25808

For EU I am thinking of studying:

Institutions
    Sources of Law
    General Principles of EU law
    Impact of National Legal Systems
    Member State Liability
    Judicial Review
    All the Free Movements
    Union Citizenship
    Equality
    Competition Law (possibly skip mergers or are they always asked together?)
    State Aid and State Participation (because its topical)

So basically I am thinking of leaving out:
    Preliminary Reference Procedure
    Infringement Procedure
    Mergers
    Private International Law

What do people think about this?

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭OMGWACA

Bit random but I'm looking for some relevant podcasts that would be good for constitutional? Looking to utilize my commute time and listen to something as I travel. Taking constitutional, property and tort - any and all suggestions much appreciated!

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭Redhighking

OMGWACA wrote: »
    Bit random but I'm looking for some relevant podcasts that would be good for constitutional? Looking to utilize my commute time and listen to something as I travel. Taking constitutional, property and tort - any and all suggestions much appreciated!

I know some people who recorded their own notes and played them back to themselves repeatedly - good way to learn material apparently!

• Registered Users Posts: 28 LexJura2737

Does anyone have a copy of the Constitutional Paper from March 2017? Or could anyone tell me what came up?
    TIA!

For EU I am thinking of studying:

Institutions
    Sources of Law
    General Principles of EU law
    Impact of National Legal Systems
    Member State Liability
    Judicial Review
    All the Free Movements
    Union Citizenship
    Equality
    Competition Law (possibly skip mergers or are they always asked together?)
    State Aid and State Participation (because its topical)

So basically I am thinking of leaving out:
    Preliminary Reference Procedure
    Infringement Procedure
    Mergers
    Private International Law

What do people think about this?

He didn't examine Competition Law at all in March 2017. Mergers is its own chapter right? There was a general question on the development of merger policy.
    So maybe Mergers won't come up in October. If I were you I'd study the rest of Competition, I'd say a question on it will come up.

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭Robbie25808

He didn't examine Competition Law at all in March 2017. Mergers is its own chapter right? There was a general question on the development of merger policy.
    So maybe Mergers won't come up in October. If I were you I'd study the rest of Competition, I'd say a question on it will come up.

Thanks for that. I have not looked at the past papers but I heard that Mergers and Competition can be mixed into one question? I could be wrong though.

Thanks for that. I have not looked at the past papers but I heard that Mergers and Competition can be mixed into one question? I could be wrong though.

Mod
    Pls do not discuss examiners or their form here. Post amende
    My other piece of advice is to really focus on the last four papers, , and for study don't get too bogged down on detail, just get a good broad knowledge of a topic like Competition Law.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 jazzypatty89

Hi - I have the up to date exam reports and would be happy to take pictures and email them to you if thats any use? Would be grateful if you could send me on your up to date exam grids in return - its my first time sitting them and I need all the help I can get! Let me know :)
    Hi there - private message me your email address and I'll send them on to you! x

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭jewels652

Does anyone have a copy of the Constitutional Paper from March 2017? Or could anyone tell me what came up?
    TIA!
    Hi I have it. Send me a on with your email I can email it then.

Leraf wrote: »
    Hi all,

I am hoping some kind soul will send me the Papers/Reports from the last sitting.

I would be very grateful.

Hi which papers are you looking for? PM me I have 5 from the last sitting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 153 ✭✭annmc882

Does any body have sample answers for 2009 for Property?

I have grids etc to swap.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 153 ✭✭annmc882

I know some people who recorded their own notes and played them back to themselves repeatedly - good way to learn material apparently!

I can see how this would work and saves tiring the eyes.

• Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭jewels652

annmc882 wrote: »
    Does any body have sample answers for 2009 for Property?

I have grids etc to swap.
    Hi there I have sample answers I need grids up to march 2017. Pm me your email
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭supersaint3

Guys, I'm only starting studying now- I do have all the past sample answers and a grid of frequency... my question is... if I simply learned let's say the past 5 years of answers per topic with a little reference reading here and there, not touching a manual, could I get myself over the line? I'm talking about a manual style regurgitation approach I suppose :o with a pass being the goal

Guys, I'm only starting studying now- I do have all the past sample answers and a grid of frequency... my question is... if I simply learned let's say the past 5 years of answers per topic with a little reference reading here and there, not touching a manual, could I get myself over the line? I'm talking about a manual style regurgitation approach I suppose :o with a pass being the goal

I passed Property and Equity with just Sample Answers, didn't even look at the manuals!

• Registered Users Posts: 13 AislingB92

Anyone have sample answers for EU and Constitutional...just looking for March 2017 sitting?
    Thanks in advance!

HI everyone,

I am in bad need of a good sample answer for Competition Law EU please that i could study for instead of doing 30 pages long chapter.
    I can help with other subjects notes, grids, sample answers or whatever i can .
    Thank you

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭supersaint3

I passed Property and Equity with just Sample Answers, didn't even look at the manuals!

LexJura that is exactly what I wanted to hear... How far back you go?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement