Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FE1 Exam Thread (Read 1st post!) NOTICE: YOU MAY SWAP EXAM GRIDS

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,159 ✭✭✭yournerd

Is anyone leaving out any topics in company law?

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭Lumi77

I am leaving out Corporate contracts
    auditors
    torts and crime
    only doing around 12 topics if that helps

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Dsalmon91

Would anyone have an up to date contract exam grid that they would be willing to send me, would be much appreciated. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 28 LexJura2737

LexJura that is exactly what I wanted to hear... How far back you go?

It's not really about how far back you go... Like for example for Equity there were only 2/3 possible questions she would ask on each question (pretty much) obviously read more than 3 sample answers per topic just in case there's one minor detail different in one of the questions.
    So I would identify the three questions I needed to learn from the past papers, then learn them from the sample answers.
    Be a bit more strategic (for Equity and Property anyway) for studying the sample answers, rather than just reading through each sample answer paper for each year.
    Having said that, I'd say 8 papers (so four year's worth of papers) should cover enough to pass.

Anyone have October 2016 papers for any subject?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭Robbie25808

I have way to much to learn and i am thinking of taking a risk with constitutional. Could i get away with learning these?

1. Interpretation
    2. Amending
    3. All Institutions of the State
    4.Principles of Judicial Review
    5: Finding of Unconstitutionality
    6: Separation of Powers
    7.:Due Course of Law and Due Process
    8. Personal Rights
    9: Equality
    10: Property Rights
    11: Abortion
    12: Freedom of Speech
    13:Family and Education

I might even drop it altogether as doing EU, Tort and Company is just such a massive workload.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

If I could get the exam grids for last 2 sittings for criminal, Comp, Equity and Property I would be very grateful! I was all set to sit them last year but fell ill so I have all the rest of material preceding those exams

Sorry, another question:

What is an easier subject, constitution or EU?

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭Smiley283

Are the exams always sat in the same order? I'm planning to sit my first set of fe-1's in March 2018 and if I were to go by October 2017's timetable I will be sitting 4 exams in 4 days which is something I want to avoid!

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭Redhighking

Smiley283 wrote: »
    Are the exams always sat in the same order? I'm planning to sit my first set of fe-1's in March 2018 and if I were to go by October 2017's timetable I will be sitting 4 exam's in 4 days which is something I want to avoid!

No different for every sitting usually.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭ally1234

Just wondering does anyone else find it difficult to suss out what topics he is asking in some of the Constitutional problem Q's. I am learning material off but then find it difficult to apply it to the questions. Very annoying, Im hoping ill have this mastered by October...

Mod
    Pls do not discuss examiners/lecturers, nor their forms nor foibles here.

Some are tender and sensitive souls. More importantly for all ye posting, some of them read these threads

• Registered Users Posts: 886 ✭✭✭randomchild

ally1234 wrote: »
    Just wondering does anyone else find it difficult to suss out what topics he is asking in some of the Constitutional problem Q's. I am learning material off but then find it difficult to apply it to the questions. Very annoying, Im hoping ill have this mastered by October...

Mod
    Pls do not discuss examiners/lecturers, nor their forms nor foibles here.

Some are tender and sensitive souls. More importantly for all ye posting, some of them read these threads

I hope I am not contravening the warning by saying this but I found it most useful to dig up an exam and have a crack at a question, then look at the examiners report to see what he had to say about the answers he received. You should get a much better feeling for what the examiner is looking for that way and see if your though process is in line with that.

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭ally1234

Thanks, ill try that method. Its a daunting exam, hopefully it will all come together for me on the day. Best of luck with your study also :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12 cjaybcjayb

Hi all, I'm new here. I am taking Equity, Property, Criminal and Tort in October! If anyone has any advice on what to study it would be greatly appreciated :) also, if anyone has the examiners reports of Equity, Property, and Criminal from last time I am in need of those! I also need the paper and report for Tort. I took Equity, Property, Criminal last time and unfortunately didn't pass but have tons of materials if anyone is looking for extra help. I also have all exam grids up to March 2017! Message away and happy studying guys!
    Hey. I have all exam papers and reports from march 2017 sitting. Would be great if you would kindly swap these for grids for EU, Criminal and tort? Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 4 TurnoverKing

Hi there,

Would anyone be able to send me up to date grids for Constitutional and Tort? Can swap for up to date grids/papers/examiners reports for EU and notes for the rest of the subjects.

• Registered Users Posts: 886 ✭✭✭randomchild

ally1234 wrote: »
    Thanks, ill try that method. Its a daunting exam, hopefully it will all come together for me on the day. Best of luck with your study also :)

Appreciate it but I'm long qualified, only drop by here on occasion to help out if I can :). If you want one final tip, wait for a day when your tired of studying and read through the judgement in Norris vs Attorney General. It is such a broad case that you can use as a basis for a large chunk of the course, its a great ace to have up your sleeve to sure up a question your running out of steam on.

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭Chuckler

Hey all,

Am struggling with Company Law at the moment - so much to learn. Any tips for shortening the tabbing of the legislation, have used 2 different sets of tabs and legislation looks destroyed. Even If I looked at it now would get lost! :(

Chuckler wrote: »
    Hey all,

Am struggling with Company Law at the moment - so much to learn. Any tips for shortening the tabbing of the legislation, have used 2 different sets of tabs and legislation looks destroyed. Even If I looked at it now would get lost! :(

Hi learn off the main section ie 228 directors
    604 disposition of assets
    439 receivership

And tab main one and highlight the ones following key points
    There is a pattern in it
    You 'll be fine
    Hope this helps

Lumi77 wrote: »
    Hi learn off the main section ie 228 directors
    604 disposition of assets
    439 receivership

And tab main one and highlight the ones following key points
    There is a pattern in it
    You 'll be fine
    Hope this helps

Hey thanks a mill for getting back to me! This is my last exam and my strategy of going over past exam questions is not really working for this one! I'll follow your tips (already clarifies things)! Best of luck in your exams!:):)

Hey thanks a mill for getting back to me! This is my last exam and my strategy of going over past exam questions is not really working for this one! I'll follow your tips (already clarifies things)! Best of luck in your exams!:):)

Thank you and of its your last you 'll be flying specially if you passed EU....my biggest fear.
    Company is not big even if technical you can almost do bullet points
    Good luck

• Advertisement

One last thing if you can't remember numbers for the sections you can colour code tabs and maybe you remember colours better 😊😊

Lumi77 wrote: »
    Thank you and of its your last you 'll be flying specially if you passed EU....my biggest fear.
    Company is not big even if technical you can almost do bullet points
    Good luck

For EU - know EQUALITY - a favourite every year...comes up somehow (although last year as a part question), Free Movements, Supremacy, Direct Effect. Break it down into parts - essentially 3 areas - Institutions / Courts II - Free Movements and Rights III Competition Law. That's how I managed it! I didn't bother tabbing the legislation for it and relied on past exam questions to get me 50!

For EU - know EQUALITY - a favourite every year...comes up somehow (although last year as a part question), Free Movements, Supremacy, Direct Effect. Break it down into parts - essentially 3 areas - Institutions / Courts II - Free Movements and Rights III Competition Law. That's how I managed it! I didn't bother tabbing the legislation for it and relied on past exam questions to get me 50!

Thank you so much

• Registered Users Posts: 10 pottsss777

Does anyone know how much the Companies Act 2014 is from the government publications office? Anyone know of any cheap alternatives to get a copy?

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Username1994

pottsss777 wrote: »
    Does anyone know how much the Companies Act 2014 is from the government publications office? Anyone know of any cheap alternatives to get a copy?

Hi it's €111 from the office. You could try Adverts.ie or DoneDeal.ie to see if any are being sold online.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 pottsss777

Hi it's €111 from the office. You could try Adverts.ie or DoneDeal.ie to see if any are being sold online.

Thanks! That's quite expensive, will have to try done deal!

What are people leaving out for Tort?
    There is a lot to learn and need to cut some out.

What are people leaving out for Tort?
    There is a lot to learn and need to cut some out.

Was planning on leaving out employer's liability, product liability, animals, passing off, vicarious liability
    You?

yournerd wrote: »
    Was planning on leaving out employer's liability, product liability, animals, passing off, vicarious liability
    You?

I was thinking of leaving out breach of statutory duty, defective premises, liability for animals, fire, concurrent wrongdoers, fatal injuries, survival of actions on death, state liability, defences and maybe passing off?

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,726 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

I would describe both of those stratagems as high-risk.

I would include vicarious liability as it's ultimately straight-forward as is employer's liability (and they overlap to such an extent that it's two birds with one stone.)

I don't think you can possibly be successful leaving out statutory duties and defences either.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement