Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FE1 Exam Thread (Read 1st post!) NOTICE: YOU MAY SWAP EXAM GRIDS

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Marie92

Mod deletion

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭Robbie25808

In relation to the question below. I know that the Government cannot spend the money on one side more than the other.
    In relation to the parties i presume they can spend it on which ever side they want?
    I also presume that they have to spend the money they are given on the referendum only? However, i do not have anything in my manual or cases about the 2nd two points.
    Does anybody have info?

The Government announces that it intends to hold a referendum to change the voting system
    for general elections to a 'first-past-the-post' system. Following the passing of the 40th
    Amendment to the Constitution (Voting Reform) Act 2014 on August 30th, 2014 it is announced
    that the referendum will be held on December 1st, 2014.
    The Oireachtas votes to allow the Government €5 million to fund what is described as a
    “citizen’s educational update” about Ireland’s electoral system. This programme operates
    during the months of September and October. It involves radio and television broadcasts about
    the ‘problems of Ireland’s PR system’, as well as a ‘civic responsibility video’ which all
    schoolchildren and recipients of social welfare and pension payments are obliged to watch.
    The programme concludes on October 15th, which is the same day that the writ for the
    referendum is moved by the Minister for the Environment.
    A small surplus in the programme is allocated to the two main political parties for the purposes
    of furthering civic education. Both parties are in favour of the proposed change to the
    Constitution.
    One of the parties uses the money to fund a poster campaign arguing for a Yes vote in the
    referendum.
    The other uses the money to fund the party leader’s daily expenses, which includes the cost of
    travelling to meetings and other political events, some of which will be connected with the
    party’s referendum campaign.
    The ‘Citizen’s Against First-Past-the-Post’ group are opposed to the referendum and are
    concerned about the way in which this money has been used. They have asked you to advise
    them if there are any grounds upon which they could challenge the legality of the expenditure
    by the government and by both political parties.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 hannahs8q9

Does anyone have the Tort examiner report from March 2017 they might be able to email me, please?

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭BASHBAG

Hey,

Just a quick question for anyone who has completed subjects in which some of the topics overlap. Have you found that learning it through one manual (set of notes) will cover you for the other subject. For example proprietary estoppel regularly comes up in both equity and property exams, would I be covered if I just learned it using the property manual?

Just looking to cut down the material as much as possible.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 4,159 ✭✭✭yournerd

does anyone have constitutional sample answers?

• Advertisement

hannahs8q9 wrote: »
    Does anyone have the Tort examiner report from March 2017 they might be able to email me, please?

Hey send me a pm!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 LegalLaaaaady

Does anyone have a good abbreviation for "Constitution" for the exam? Dreading the thought of having to write it out every time!

For example - Court - "ct", Contract - "ctt" etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Pamela0506

Hi I was wondering if anybody could let me know where to buy the legislation for the property and contract exam? I have looked online but I'm not sure where I can buy it.

• Registered Users Posts: 300 ✭✭Leraf

Pamela0506 wrote: »
    Hi I was wondering if anybody could let me know where to buy the legislation for the property and contract exam? I have looked online but I'm not sure where I can buy it.

http://www.opw.ie/en/contactus/

• Registered Users Posts: 300 ✭✭Leraf

yournerd wrote: »
    Hey send me a pm!

Could I get this also please.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32 binkevii

Hi, Does anyone have Equity sample answers? thanks

Leraf wrote: »
    Could I get this also please.

Hey if you want any material, can you send me a pm?

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Officegirl101

Hey, could people please give some tips / advice on what they are covering for tort?

Many thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 188 ✭✭Teamhrach

"Const'l." But nothing for constitutionality, unfortunately!

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭shellbm

Does anyone have any recommendations on what chapters could be safe to leave out of Tort?

I plan on covering;

1. Principles of Neg
    2. Proof of Neg
    3. The Duty of Care
    4. Professional Negligence
    5. Employer's Liability
    6. Vicarious Liability
    7. Occupiers Liability
    8. Liability for Defective Products
    9. Liability for Defective Premises
    10. Defamation
    11. Trespass to Person
    12. Torts relating to Land
    13. Passing off
    17. Miscellaneous Torts
    18. Defences
    19. Damages

Am I missing anything?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 kevinf125

Hi all, anyone hear of tips in Constitution for the case note question?

• Registered Users Posts: 18 cojamocork

Would anyone have an up to date Company grid? I can give Equity in return.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 ninetythree

Hey guys,

Just wondering if anyone has a sample answer from any topic of Company, just looking to see what the standard is like as am converting from BCL finals in May. Just looking to see how much to include/leave out!

I have material for other exams/grids if anyone wants to swap in exchange for sample answers.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 cjaybcjayb

hannahs8q9 wrote: »
    Yes, I have all 2017 exam papers and reports. I can send if you have up to date Tort grid per chance? :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 12 cjaybcjayb

Does anyone have a Tort grid up to October-16 or March-17? Can swap for all exam papers and mark schemes from the march 2017 sitting. Also have notes for Tort, criminal, contract and equity.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11 greenfrog24

shellbm wrote: »
    Does anyone have any recommendations on what chapters could be safe to leave out of Tort?

I plan on covering;

1. Principles of Neg
    2. Proof of Neg
    3. The Duty of Care
    4. Professional Negligence
    5. Employer's Liability
    6. Vicarious Liability
    7. Occupiers Liability
    8. Liability for Defective Products
    9. Liability for Defective Premises
    10. Defamation
    11. Trespass to Person
    12. Torts relating to Land
    13. Passing off
    17. Miscellaneous Torts
    18. Defences
    19. Damages

Am I missing anything?

I have pretty much the same list, except that I plan on covering Limitation of actions as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 jazzypatty89

cjaybcjayb wrote: »
    Does anyone have a Tort grid up to October-16 or March-17? Can swap for all exam papers and mark schemes from the march 2017 sitting. Also have notes for Tort, criminal, contract and equity.
    PM'ed you :)

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,563 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

In relation to the question below. I know that the Government cannot spend the money on one side more than the other.
    In relation to the parties i presume they can spend it on which ever side they want?
    I also presume that they have to spend the money they are given on the referendum only? However, i do not have anything in my manual or cases about the 2nd two points.
    Does anybody have info?

The Government announces that it intends to hold a referendum to change the voting system
    for general elections to a 'first-past-the-post' system. Following the passing of the 40th
    Amendment to the Constitution (Voting Reform) Act 2014 on August 30th, 2014 it is announced
    that the referendum will be held on December 1st, 2014.
    The Oireachtas votes to allow the Government €5 million to fund what is described as a
    “citizen’s educational update” about Ireland’s electoral system. This programme operates
    during the months of September and October. It involves radio and television broadcasts about
    the ‘problems of Ireland’s PR system’, as well as a ‘civic responsibility video’ which all
    schoolchildren and recipients of social welfare and pension payments are obliged to watch.
    The programme concludes on October 15th, which is the same day that the writ for the
    referendum is moved by the Minister for the Environment.
    A small surplus in the programme is allocated to the two main political parties for the purposes
    of furthering civic education. Both parties are in favour of the proposed change to the
    Constitution.
    One of the parties uses the money to fund a poster campaign arguing for a Yes vote in the
    referendum.
    The other uses the money to fund the party leader’s daily expenses, which includes the cost of
    travelling to meetings and other political events, some of which will be connected with the
    party’s referendum campaign.
    The ‘Citizen’s Against First-Past-the-Post’ group are opposed to the referendum and are
    concerned about the way in which this money has been used. They have asked you to advise
    them if there are any grounds upon which they could challenge the legality of the expenditure
    by the government and by both political parties.
    Relevant cases here are McCrystal, Jordan, McKenna (No. 2) and Hanafin.

Be aware of the timing of events as the withdrawal of materials post-McCrystal influenced the decision in Jordan.

The parties can spend the money as they see fit. However, McKenna would suggest that if the effect of this distribution is to fund one side alone, it's violates the equality clause.

In reaching a conclusion, it's been noted on the above cases that overturning a result would require a very exceptional fact pattern. The best result you're going to get is declaratory relief.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Sarakarp

I have pretty much the same list, except that I plan on covering Limitation of actions as well.

Occupiers Liability came up three times in a row... chance to leave that one out. Defective premises has never really came up. Proof of Negligence came up last time around and have bullet points on defences as you can use it in all questions really. Same goes for damages

Does anyone have any 2016//2017 sample answers for company law?

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭Robbie25808

Anybody know where to get the legislation for EU?

• Registered Users Posts: 8 MomTuR

Does anybody know of any list of very topical and/or likely case notes for Constitutional?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,563 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

Anybody know where to get the legislation for EU?
    Amazon or Easons (which has the ability to check if your local shop has it in stock).

Any college bookshop should have it too. You'll be grand with any version from about 2012 onwards.

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭shellbm

I am beginning to start learning cases etc off. For the entire Equity course, I am currently looking at a list I have drawn up of about 350 cases to cover all 14 chapters. Does this sound about right?? Given I tend to only give about 8-10 cases per answer in the exam, its a lot to learn off.

Does anyone have any hints or tips for memorising this amount of caselaw??

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

shellbm wrote: »
    I am beginning to start learning cases etc off. For the entire Equity course, I am currently looking at a list I have drawn up of about 350 cases to cover all 14 chapters. Does this sound about right?? Given I tend to only give about 8-10 cases per answer in the exam, its a lot to learn off.

Does anyone have any hints or tips for memorising this amount of caselaw??

You are going to scare a lot of people with that ambition of thought!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement