Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FE1 Exam Thread (Read 1st post!) NOTICE: YOU MAY SWAP EXAM GRIDS

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 300 ✭✭Leraf

yournerd wrote: »
    Has anyone got their exam number yet?

Not yet

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

RE PROPERTY

Did Family Property come up in OCT 16?

• Registered Users Posts: 38 monroe89

RE PROPERTY

Did Family Property come up in OCT 16?

Yep - Q7
    Critically analyse the legislative protection afforded to spouses and same sex couples with regard to family property in Ireland. Support w/ relevant legal authority.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

monroe89 wrote: »
    Yep - Q7
    Critically analyse the legislative protection afforded to spouses and same sex couples with regard to family property in Ireland. Support w/ relevant legal authority.

yeah, same question always. Kind of hoping it didnt! As it was due a run out and it has tended to be infrequent of late but considering it didnt come up March and the question is one you can prepare would be foolish to leave it out I guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,159 ✭✭✭yournerd

Ok. help a gal out here.
    Whats people covering for Tort, EU, Company?

• Advertisement

yeah, same question always. Kind of hoping it didnt! As it was due a run out and it has tended to be infrequent of late but considering it didnt come up March and the question is one you can prepare would be foolish to leave it out I guess.

For the sake of it, probably best to have something prepared - handy enough banker if so, and as you say it is due a run!

In relation to easements does anyone have the case facts for Gaw v CIE (1953) re rights of way and Scott v Goulding Properties (1972) re right to light? They're mentioned in a few of the exam reports but I can't seem to track them down - really appreciated if someone can help out! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Aoife2012

Could any kind soul forward an up to date exam grid for Tort? Would really appreciate, thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 cojamocork

Would anyone have an up to date Contract grid? I can offer Company and Equity in return.

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭fe1hunzo

nmwcc wrote: »
    Bizzare enough but I would say bring your card/change if you are driving. On certain days they were charging for the carpark in March, other days it was free? Just to avoid any messing when you get out of the exam!
    Thanks so much!
    Handy to know. Money grabbing as usual lol.

Btw I got my examination number today so anyone that hasn't got theirs should be expecting it soon! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭Robbie25808

Has anyone got their exam number yet?

Got mine today in the post. Red Cow Hotel again for exams.

• Registered Users Posts: 39 Ferry.Man

Anybody know of some major recent cases that we should have for Constitutional. People always mention that this examiner likes recent cases so wondering is there any ones to consider? Thanks!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,563 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

Ferry.Man wrote: »
    Anybody know of some major recent cases that we should have for Constitutional. People always mention that this examiner likes recent cases so wondering is there any ones to consider? Thanks!
    NHV springs to mind as one that may well be useful. TL;DR, an absolute ban (with no temporal limits) on asylum seekers working is contrary to the constitutional right to work.

Also useful on issues relating to non-citizens exercising certain rights.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 icsheep

Any predictions for Constitutional Law for this sitting? Or Company for that matter. Freaking out a bit considering they're one after the other :'(

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭BASHBAG

Hey,

Just have a question regarding Equity and Injunctions.

There are mandatory and prohibitory injunctions. A book I have has Quia Timet Injunctions under a mandatory heading but, it seems to me that, their purpose is prohibitive.

Could someone clear this up for me please?

Has anyone done the recent revision crash courses?

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭nmwcc

Am I right in saying defective premises in tort has never appeared, as well as State Liability and Fatal Injuries?

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭nmwcc

1. duty of care
    2. standard of care
    3. causation
    4. damage
    5. proof of negligence
    6. nervous shock
    7. economic loss
    8. professional negligence
    9. employer's liability
    10. vicarious liability
    11. occupier's liability
    12. defective products
    13. defamation
    14. trespass to the person
    15. trespass to land
    16. nuisance
    17. rule in rylands v fletcher
    18. passing off
    19. liability for animals
    20. liability for fire
    21. defences
    22. damages
    23. limitation of actions

This is a long shot - but does anyone reckon there is anything from the above Tort topics/sub-topics which could be left out, based on the last paper and patterns?? (I have already cut out the topics which are on the course but have never appeared). Any predictions/guidance would be much appreciated!!

Jey this is what im doing after researching the last 15 papers...

1. duty of care
    2. standard of care
    3. causation
    4. damage
    5. proof of negligence
    6. nervous shock
    7. economic loss
    9. employer's liability
    10. vicarious liability
    11. occupier's liability
    12. defective products
    13. defamation
    15. trespass to land
    16. nuisance

18. passing off
    20. liability for fire

21. defences
    22. damages

This is a long shot - but does anyone reckon there is anything from the above Tort topics/sub-topics which could be left out, based on the last paper and patterns?? (I have already cut out the topics which are on the course but have never appeared). Any predictions/guidance would be much appreciated!![/QUOTE]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 Legal23

Hi all, this is my first sitting and my first post!
    I received my letter from law society today with my ID number, however the letter doesn't refer to logging in to law society website. A colleague advised to log in straight away to make sure log on is working. I've tried to log in on lawsociety.ie but the log on section is looking for a password, could someone point me in the right direction?

Thanks

• Advertisement

For Company I am doing:

1) Constitutional Documentation
    2)Seperate Legal Personality
    3)Corporate Authority
    4) Directors
    5) Restrictions
    6)Directros Statutory Duties arising in Insolvency
    7) Membership and Shareholders
    8) Transfer and Transmission of shares
    9) Shareolder Protection
    10) Meetings of shareholders
    11) Borrowing)
    12) Recievership
    13) Liquidation
    14) possibly realisation of corporate assets but probably not
    15) also will learn an essay on the changes that the act brough

Is there anything else anyone thinks i should include/leave out?

Jey this is what im doing after researching the last 15 papers...

1. duty of care
    2. standard of care
    3. causation
    4. damage
    5. proof of negligence
    6. nervous shock
    7. economic loss
    9. employer's liability
    10. vicarious liability
    11. occupier's liability
    12. defective products
    13. defamation
    15. trespass to land
    16. nuisance

18. passing off
    20. liability for fire

21. defences
    22. damages

This is a long shot - but does anyone reckon there is anything from the above Tort topics/sub-topics which could be left out, based on the last paper and patterns?? (I have already cut out the topics which are on the course but have never appeared). Any predictions/guidance would be much appreciated!!
    [/QUOTE]

Hey am not doing passing off came up last year so hopefully not again,

Hey am not doing passing off came up last year so hopefully not again,[/QUOTE]

Are you leaving out much else?
    Its a massive course

• Registered Users Posts: 37 jazzypatty89

Hey am not doing passing off came up last year so hopefully not again,

Its a massive course[/QUOTE]
    What question was passing off on last year? So much material! Nuisance has come up so many times over the past 5/6 years that I am nervous to leave that out.

Its a massive course
    What question was passing off on last year? So much material! Nuisance has come up so many times over the past 5/6 years that I am nervous to leave that out.[/quote]

Every passing off question had the same answer so I might aswell have it.
    Yeah nuisance/land based torts comes up every year but I have checked that I'll be able to do every paper without covering it.
    Any tips would be helpful 😭😭😭

• Registered Users Posts: 300 ✭✭Leraf

Legal23 wrote: »
    Hi all, this is my first sitting and my first post!
    I received my letter from law society today with my ID number, however the letter doesn't refer to logging in to law society website. A colleague advised to log in straight away to make sure log on is working. I've tried to log in on lawsociety.ie but the log on section is looking for a password, could someone point me in the right direction?

Thanks

You get the password for logging in separately, after the exams are done, closer to the time of the results. However, I believe that this time around you are unable to check your results online and must wait for the letter of confirmation. It does not mention this in the pack, from a very quick look, I am not even sure where I heard it. I think this is the first year that you do not log in and have to wait on the letter.

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭Lumi77

its normally your date of birth but if you email them, they are very good at assisting .
    you have lots of time until the results are out.

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭BASHBAG

Its a massive course
    What question was passing off on last year? So much material! Nuisance has come up so many times over the past 5/6 years that I am nervous to leave that out.[/QUOTE]

Passing off didn't come up last year, I don't think. Q.6 was a Q on defective products.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 SM1803

Has anyone gotten any predictions, tips for studying EU? The last four papers the same topics have come up but Im not sure if this means they will come up again or could be completely different.. so hard to know

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37 jazzypatty89

BASHBAG wrote: »
    What question was passing off on last year? So much material! Nuisance has come up so many times over the past 5/6 years that I am nervous to leave that out.

Passing off didn't come up last year, I don't think. Q.6 was a Q on defective products.[/QUOTE]

That's what I thought! Okay thanks for that - was worried for a second there. Definitely covering passing off then.

Thanks!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement